ONE memorable moment!

I never heard anything about him bringing charges or getting a settlement. What I find amusing is they have a print that is sold around your finer UGA souvenier shops. Am I wrong, didn't that happen after he had scored a touchdown?

Yeah he had just scored a TD. ANd had slowed to a near walk right by UGA then....this!

If he sued he was pathetic because the dog didn't touch him!

Did Baker get a long sentence after being busted for dealing??

He wa an easy first rounder then blows it! :blink::blink::blink:

Poor Robert. If that had been a nice backwoods southern boy, the next frame would have shown a fist hammering straight down on top of that mutt's head. Then we as Auburn fans could have had that printed up.

He only served a year or so. Then he tried to play with the Dolphins for several years. Had some good pre-season plays. But never made it I don't think.

nice ORIGINAL sig there! :moon:

235423[/snapback]

I still can't stop laughing at the grin on Brown's face. That is the only reason I am using it...

I never heard anything about him bringing charges or getting a settlement.  What I find amusing is they have a print that is sold around your finer UGA souvenier shops.  Am I wrong, didn't that happen after he had scored a touchdown?

235358[/snapback]

Yeah, this was from the 4 OT game in 96 or 95.

Those UGA losers would have still printed it up if they had of lost the ballgame.

Should the uga fans be reminded that the dog was a gift from an AU Family?

Heard it on one of those "Southern Living" shows. Seems the first uga came from an AU grad, a Vet, and to continue the bloodline, they are all "related" to the first dog. Thus, they are all technically AUBURN dogs. :D

I am sure someone else knows the whole story.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Heard it on one of those "Southern Living" shows. Seems the first uga came from an AU grad, a Vet, and to continue the bloodline, they are all "related" to the first dog. Thus, they are all technically AUBURN dogs. :D

235464[/snapback]

Appropriate, since Vince was an Auburn man.

Alas, according to their website, it might be true, as the original was given to UGA's owners from a Mr. Frank Heard of Columbus, GA:

Damn Good Dog

235464[/snapback]

Alas, according to their website, it might be true, as the original was given to UGA's owners from a Mr. Frank Heard of Columbus, GA:

Damn Good Dog

235590[/snapback]

Wow, this would be cool.. can anyone take this story a step further to put Frank Heard in Auburn, or an Auburn graduate??

Alumni online directory lists a Frank Heard living in Columbus, graduated with a BS in 1955.

but, is there any place online that links this gentleman to acquiring the dog through the vet school, then giving it to this individual to later become UGA 1??

235423[/snapback]

I still can't stop laughing at the grin on Brown's face. That is the only reason I am using it...

235440[/snapback]

no problem..just joshin'! :lol:

235464[/snapback]

Damn Good Dog

235590[/snapback]

Was he an Auburn man? Never heard that the original gift-giver was an AU person.

235423[/snapback]

235440[/snapback]

The sig makes an excellent point, however. Vince Young and Uncle Rico have the exact same throwing motion.

235423[/snapback]

235440[/snapback]

The sig makes an excellent point, however. Vince Young and Uncle Rico have the exact same throwing motion.

235820[/snapback]

and, most likely, the same completion rate. ;)

Guest Tigrinum Major
If Rico's as good as VY, I guess the coach really should've put him in the game back in '82.

235973[/snapback]

He said they had the same throwing motion, not that Rico was as good as Vince. Obviously, Vince has him beat in the running department.

A solid effort that fell a little short.

Archived