AJC Predictions

rexbo

College football all figured out

• After a one-year cessation of BCS-inspired angst, full-throated howls will return when unbeaten West Virginia, scourge of the defoliated Big East, finishes unbeaten but is passed over for the Fiesta Bowl in lieu of once-beaten Auburn.

• Auburn will essentially win the SEC West on Sept. 16 when it beats LSU in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Auburn’s loss will come against Georgia, which will dress up an ordinary (by Mark Richt’s lofty standards) season by winning in the epic series distinguished by its utter disdain for home-field advantage.

I don't think a team would make it to the BCS game losing so late in the season (but didn't Oklahoma a few years ago?)

The funniest part is the typical 'Bama fan response in the comments.

By swift

May 27, 2006 08:17 AM | Link to this

ever hear of a team called Alabama? it’s in the SEC. reporters covering auburn can tell you they know from private off the record conversations, at least a majority of Auburn players were rejected for scholarships by Alabama. auburn will lose twice as many games as Alabama.

College football all figured out

I don't think a team would make it to the BCS game losing so late in the season (but didn't Oklahoma a few years ago?)

237243[/snapback]

Yeah, he seems to contradict himself when he says:
• Ohio State will win the national championship. Auburn will put up a Fiesta fight but lose by a field goal. Crestfallen West Virginia will lose its no-consolation bowl game to Texas, which will be dealt out of the Fiesta picture by an early loss to the Buckeyes in Austin but will still beat Oklahoma and take the Big 12 title.
So Texas is out of the Fiesta due to an early lose to Ohio State, but Auburn still makes the Fiesta after a late loss to Georgia?

As for the Bama fan, swift's, comments: Is he refering to those "Bama rejects" that have never lost to the Tide while wearing the Orange & Blue? :lol:

Finally, I can hear you laughing already at this, SouthLink:

We start with Georgia Tech, which will start and end the regular season in fine style. The Jackets will beat Notre Dame on Sept. 2 and will beat Georgia — finally! — in Athens on Nov. 25
..and I share your incredulity and laughter. Perhaps in Atlanta, the Jackets might have a shot at an upset, but in Athens?! :blink:

..and I share your incredulity and laughter.  Perhaps in Atlanta, the Jackets might have a shot at an upset, but in Athens?! :blink:

237256[/snapback]

well...they did beat us at JH last season

..and I share your incredulity and laughter.  Perhaps in Atlanta, the Jackets might have a shot at an upset, but in Athens?! :blink:

Tech QB Reggie Ball comes back this year for his 12th year of eligibility, it seems.

Surprised the AJC didn't pick UF to win the East for the 45th year in a row

As for GT, we won't lose to them as long as Ball/Gailey are on the other sidelines.

We may lose to AU, UT, UF, or USC....but not Tech

Surprised the AJC didn't pick UF to win the East for the 45th year in a row

237280[/snapback]

Sorry, SL, guess you missed this part of the article:

Even so, Florida will enter its bowl game with four losses — two to Auburn (the second in the SEC championship game), one to Florida State and one to LSU. And the burning question — Is Urban Meyer the next Spurrier or the next Zooker? — will flame ever hotter.

I read it, which is why I was surprised that they didn't build UF to breakout yet again.

Them picking Tech to beat us isn't a shock.

Every year with them is "The Year"

In 2 years, Gailey won't be around for the following "Year"

In 2 years, Gailey won't be around for the following "Year"

237396[/snapback]

If Tech goes 7-5 or worse, I will be shocked if Gailey still has a job. With the big $ boosters getting really PO'ed and a new AD, I doubt that 5 yr extension will prevent a firing......

Chan Gailey = GT's Jim Donnan

Archived