Why Do Liberal Media Despise Soldiers?

(Excerpt)

Every six months or so, the liberal media search for any story that casts our soldiers in a bad light. Abu Ghraib was portrayed as indicative of almost the entire U.S. Army when, in fact, it consisted of less than 1/1000 %. Besides which, in the scheme of possible war atrocities, it doesn't even rank. It was more uncouth behavior than atrocity.

As soon as a scenario is found where our soldiers defended themselves from enemy fire, road bombs or check-point crashing cars, the media indict our boys, without first considering the circumstances which necessitated the shooting response. Guilty! Guilty until proven innocent.

It is quite obvious the media have a preconceived attitude toward our men and women in uniform and look for events to affirm their view. It is equally obvious that the media do not wait to issue its guilty judgement, even before the facts come in. For in the media's mind, the guilty outcome is a foregone conclusion given the liberal media's notion of who our soldiers really are. They want to believe the worst.

In the mind of most of today's smug liberals, our soldiers are rednecks -- and rednecks, when let loose and not under control of "civilized" liberals, do what comes natural to rednecks -- they act rednecky. Liberals feel that way since, in their parochial view, who would enlist and volunteer unless one is poor, has no chance for upward mobility, and has a tendecy and lust for violence?

They believe this since most have no friends or family in the military. These elitists perceive the soldier and the military as below their class. Perhaps they heard of a grandfather who served back in the days when there was a draft, but not today.

Why do they so despise our military? Why do they never come to its defense? Why do they never understand the frightful plight of the soldier who, when fired upon by the enemy, has no recourse but to fire back if he wishes to stay alive? Why does the liberal not understand what he has seen countless times, namely, that the Jihadist enemy positions women and children in his front while shooting at our soldiers?

It is because the liberal moralizer deep down knows that he does not have the physical courage and might of the soldier. Compared to the soldier, he is a coward and weakling. His strength lies only in bringing law suits and sounding morally superior to the rest of us.

The liberal moralizer needs to tear down the U.S. soldier as a way of guaranteeing that the soldier is never elevated to a more honored level in American life than is he, the liberal moralizer. Tear down the soldier and you destroy the honor we feel toward that soldier. Find anything to show you are better than the soldier so that you and your smug liberal friends can celebrate your superiority. Liberal media guys cannot abide that America has heroes who are not them.

<snip>

Thank God our safety is in the hands of these guys from the Midwest and South and not those snivelly effeminates from Brown, Brandeis, Columbia and NYU. If it were so, we'd by now all be prayer rugs.

<snip>

Link to rest of article

(Excerpt)

Every six months or so, the liberal media search for any story that casts our soldiers in a bad light. Abu Ghraib was portrayed as indicative of almost the entire U.S. Army when, in fact, it consisted of less than 1/1000 %. Besides which, in the scheme of possible war atrocities, it doesn't even rank. It was more uncouth behavior than atrocity.

As soon as a scenario is found where our soldiers defended themselves from enemy fire, road bombs or check-point crashing cars, the media indict our boys, without first considering the circumstances which necessitated the shooting response. Guilty! Guilty until proven innocent.

It is quite obvious the media have a preconceived attitude toward our men and women in uniform and look for events to affirm their view. It is equally obvious that the media do not wait to issue its guilty judgement, even before the facts come in. For in the media's mind, the guilty outcome is a foregone conclusion given the liberal media's notion of who our soldiers really are. They want to believe the worst.

In the mind of most of today's smug liberals, our soldiers are rednecks -- and rednecks, when let loose and not under control of "civilized" liberals, do what comes natural to rednecks -- they act rednecky. Liberals feel that way since, in their parochial view, who would enlist and volunteer unless one is poor, has no chance for upward mobility, and has a tendecy and lust for violence?

They believe this since most have no friends or family in the military. These elitists perceive the soldier and the military as below their class. Perhaps they heard of a grandfather who served back in the days when there was a draft, but not today.

Why do they so despise our military? Why do they never come to its defense? Why do they never understand the frightful plight of the soldier who, when fired upon by the enemy, has no recourse but to fire back if he wishes to stay alive? Why does the liberal not understand what he has seen countless times, namely, that the Jihadist enemy positions women and children in his front while shooting at our soldiers?

It is because the liberal moralizer deep down knows that he does not have the physical courage and might of the soldier. Compared to the soldier, he is a coward and weakling. His strength lies only in bringing law suits and sounding morally superior to the rest of us.

The liberal moralizer needs to tear down the U.S. soldier as a way of guaranteeing that the soldier is never elevated to a more honored level in American life than is he, the liberal moralizer. Tear down the soldier and you destroy the honor we feel toward that soldier. Find anything to show you are better than the soldier so that you and your smug liberal friends can celebrate your superiority. Liberal media guys cannot abide that America has heroes who are not them.

<snip>

Thank God our safety is in the hands of these guys from the Midwest and South and not those snivelly effeminates from Brown, Brandeis, Columbia and NYU. If it were so, we'd by now all be prayer rugs.

<snip>

Link to rest of article

240167[/snapback]

Maybe they read this board and see Liger calling so many of them "dirtbags."

Link to rest of article

240167[/snapback]

When I was in the service I was told, in the military, that if charged with criminal charges that a soldier is guilty until proven innocent. It seems to have carried over into civilian life as well. I guess the answer goes along the lines of how the military treats the charged. Treatment being the keyword here. Although the UCMJ justifies their action of restraint/confinement.

810. ART. 10. RESTRAINT OF PERSONS CHARGED WITH OFFENSES

Any person subject to this chapter charged with an offense under this chapter shall be ordered into arrest or confinement, as circumstances may require; but when charged only with an offense normally tried by a summary court-martial, he shall not ordinarily be placed in confinement. When any person subject to this chapter is placed in arrest or confinement prior to trial, immediate steps shall be taken to inform him of the specific wrong of which he is accused and to try him or to dismiss the charges and release him.

I am shaking with fury right now. I just listened on the radio to the father of one of the Marines and the wife of the Navy corpsman incarcerated in Camp Pendleton - UNCHARGED -after Haditha. Let me tell you what’s going on with OUR Marines right at this moment:

While “detainees” (not “terrorists”, not “prisoners”, not “criminals”, mind you) at Gitmo are accorded every privilege - including playing soccer in the sun, praying whenever they want, white-glove Koran service, and halal meals…our Marines, who have NOT been charged with any crime whatsoever are in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT and wearing leg and wrist SHACKLES. They are allowed no exercise, and can only go outside for one hour per day - unable to move around because of their SHACKLES. They are not allowed to hug their wives or their children - and they are only allowed to speak to them through thick glass, again immobilized while in SHACKLES. They are being treated worse than the terrorist scum lounging around Gitmo on the American dime!!

Yes, *bleep* it, you read that right. They have not been charged with any crime, yet they are treated as GUILTY until proven innocent. They are confined in solitary like the worst criminals, and THEY. ARE. NOT.

http://euphoria.jarkolicious.com/journal/2006/06/07/2462/

Nuremberg Charter, which set forth the three most serious crimes: crimes against the peace, war crimes, and crimes against humanity. The US Army Field Manual 27-10, art. 28, incorporates the prohibition against these three crimes. The United States is committing a crime against the peace, war crimes, and crimes against humanity in Iraq.

The Uniform Code of Military Justice, in articles 90-92, sets forth the duty of military personnel to obey lawful commands. The Nuremberg Principles, which are part of US law, provide that all military personnel have the obligation not to obey illegal orders. The Army Field Manual 27-10, sec. 609 and UCMJ, art. 92, incorporate this principle. Article 92 says: "A general order or regulation is lawful unless it is contrary to the Constitution, the law of the United States …"

The UCMJ reiterates the principle of innocent till proven guilty, while giving the military the power to treat you as guilty in regards to pretrial proceedings.
"The US judicial system operates on the premise that when a crime has been committed the accused stands innocent until proven guilty. It's one of the things unique to the American system of justice that makes ours one of the best in the world."

These alleged crimes and the defendants are under the Uniform Code of Military Justice...it is far and away different the the "U.S. judicial system" the author refers to and DOES NOT include some of the Constitutional guarantees that the average citizen enjoys.

So, Liger is guilty of calling a spade a spade?

The media, for the most part, detest the military and have since the 1960's.

TT doing what he does best, just like his liberal comrades...taking somebody's words and twisting them into something that was the opposite of the point being made.

To answer the question about the liberal media, I don't think they despise soldiers. I just think they have no clue what sacrifice the soldiers make so they can keep spewing their liberal garbage. The media knows nothing of honor and integrity, so they assume that everbody else is the same.

I was actually talking about this with my best friend the Seal squid. He and I were lifer dogs that left for reasons beyond our control. (He-disabled after a fire fight, me-family hardship.)

While up at protoype in Balston Spa, New York we were inundated with Nu-ku-lar protesters from the local college. They decided that the Navy was lying about there being nu-ku-lar weapons at a the prototype. They would stage a protest every Friday morning. The local lunatics in the media would come out and spew their on version of stoopidity.

Case 1, There was a very small stream near the plant. I mean 10 foot wide, maybe 3-4 foot deep. The nu-ku-lar protesters decided that we were sailing nu-ku-lar submarines up that little creek. Now a SSBM drafts only about 55-60 foot on the surface, but we were somehow sailing them up the creek. How do we know that? Was there any proof of it? Naw. Our local idiots in the press told us so.

Case 2, They did an FYI piece for the local tv station. You know trying to get some good press. Never give the press the benefit of the doubt. They are either too Liberal or just too stopid. Anyway, the Navy shared the radiation readings with the local tv crew. The reactor is safer than an airplane ride, btw. You get far more Alpha and Beta in an airliner than you will ever get in a US ship.

Well these idiots in the press took the readings and then published them. When they published them in the paper, they printed the findings wrong. Instead of printing them in mrem they printed them as Mrem. They left the - sign off the scientific notation. In tothers words they ere off a factor of SIX DECIMAL PLACES.

They refused to print a retraction saying it was a simple mistake. And that they didnt print retractions. It just inflamed the numbskulls in the nu-ku-lar protesters.

I could literally go on and on here. They literally made up words, and new measurements were exagerated etc. They wanted a particular (Lib) view out in area and that was all that got out.

In dealing with Libs, youw ill never get a break as long as you wear a uniform. They hate you no matter what. They hate your family, your kids. I personally know of those that were spit on, called baby-killers, etc.

I served under Carter. He HATED the enlisted people. He treated us as bad as he could get away with and then some. We lived on food stamps and could not get a pay raise. Reagan got us off of food stamps in 1981. It was one of the first things he did. We got sanitation restored to some bases after Carter refused to fix the problems for years. Carter might be a great personal friend. The old sailor in me wishes he gets what he deserves for the way he pro-actively treated the enlisted folks under him.

You bring up an interesting question David. You served under Carter and I served under Clinton. Given Carters distaste for the military and Clintons military FUBARs, who would you say would have been the worse to serve under? I say Clinton, but I may be a little biased since he was my CIC. :lol:

Carter. The Iran hostage crisis and rescue was the definition of him as CIC. I cannot tell you how bad the living conditions were for enlisted folks under Carter.

I am getting mad just thinking about it. How he teated us and our families, well shameful doesnt even begin to cover it. I tell you what it reminded me of, I reminds me of Slumlord Al Gore. At one point, we had two working toilets and one working shower for 84 men in my barracks. Carter sucks is all I can say.

Everytime I see him on a Habitat commercial I just want to :puke:

Tell us what you really think about Carter, David. :lol:

The thing about Clinton is that even our current military is feeling his administration. He is the one that made alot of military personnel cutbacks with all his downsizing. We are stretched because of him. I will never forget him saying (paraphrased) that the cutbacks will not compromise national security because the National Guard and Reserves will be able to make up any necessary gaps in personnel.

I know under Clinton, my reserve unit in Atlanta got three bullets per Marine in a 5 year period to use at the rifle range. When I complained to the Gunny in charge of training, I was told that I should practice snapping in with a broom stick at home.

I don't know if that's due to cutbacks, or or CO not getting us more, but no way was my unit combat ready.

The thing about Clinton is that even our current military is feeling his administration. He is the one that made alot of military personnel cutbacks with all his downsizing. We are stretched because of him. I will never forget him saying (paraphrased) that the cutbacks will not compromise national security because the National Guard and Reserves will be able to make up any necessary gaps in personnel.

240227[/snapback]

I can hear Tex now, "Where's the link?" :roflol:

I came in as Reagan was beginning to clean up the mess from the Carter administration. We were in very bad shape then. I recall married sailors bringing their families onboard ship to eat about half way through the pay period simply because they just couldn't make it on what they were getting paid. These people weren't living above their means either, they (for the most part) were hold up in some dump in the Oceanview section of Norfolk.

Readiness was a major issue during the Slick Willy administration. We didn't have the money to make needed repairs to our equipment or ships. It seemed to us that he was more concerned with conducting social experiments with the military than ensuring we had what we needed to complete our missions and deployments. He and his pack of hillbillys that accompanied him on visits would steal us blind, too. I remember his visit to the USS George Washington during the 50th anniversary of the D Day invasion. We had him and about 30 of his people onboard for 3 days. They helped themselves to "souveniers" to the tune of approximately $30K.

Link to rest of article

240167[/snapback]

I define redneck as violent and ignorant. Redneck as a culture is not one I encourage to pursue.

I have to agree with this, as per my personal experience while serving in the U.S. Army. It seemed as if every redneck in Alabama ended up in my unit. For the most part they were tolerable, but that's about it. Another thing they could NOT fight worth a flip. It was so funny watching run into the wall, assisted by my hand, as they tried to attack me while they were under the influence. My that looks painful! LOL! :roflol:

I loved using their own momentum against them. He, He, He.

Taijiquan

We were in very bad shape then. I recall married sailors bringing their families onboard ship to eat about half way through the pay period simply because they just couldn't make it on what they were getting paid. These people weren't living above their means either, they (for the most part) were hold up in some dump in the Oceanview section of Norfolk.

I watched family after family raising babies in drawers, I kid you not. You cannot imagine the outrage of sacrificing your life and career for the US and then having Carter and his morons keeping you and your kids living in a hole in the wall.

240169[/snapback]

That's weird...................did anyone else hear that? Weird. I must be hearing things now. Could've sworn I just heard a smoke and mirrors liberal. Oh well.

240169[/snapback]

That's weird...................did anyone else hear that? Weird. I must be hearing things now. Could've sworn I just heard a smoke and mirrors liberal. Oh well.

240301[/snapback]

You know Capt. I truly believe that people who ETS have a conscience, unlike lifers. Usually, the lifers are those who can't cut it on the outside. That's a given. The military produces absolutely NOTHING, except enemies and expensive toys for immature people to kill with. That's what they produce, DEATH.

And to answer the question about dictators, from the other thread, I don't know what to say other than you are wrong. The militia is what I believe in, not a standing ARMY.

You know Capt. I truly believe that people who ETS have a conscience, unlike lifers. Usually, the lifers are those who can't cut it on the outside. That's a given.

My father-in-law retired at 30 years from the Army as a full bird, and is now vice-president of a software firm in the STL area, making over $100,000 a year.

I hope one day, I can't cut it like him.

240169[/snapback]

240301[/snapback]

You know Capt. I truly believe that people who ETS have a conscience, unlike lifers. Usually, the lifers are those who can't cut it on the outside. That's a given. The military produces absolutely NOTHING, except enemies and expensive toys for immature people to kill with. That's what they produce, DEATH.

And to answer the question about dictators, from the other thread, I don't know what to say other than you are wrong. The militia is what I believe in, not a standing ARMY.

240313[/snapback]

040821-biscuits.jpg

bad_arnie.jpg

There, there now. It's ok, good buddy. Everything is going to be just fine. Be a good boy now and maybe I'll let you play with some of my expensive toys.

You know Capt. I truly believe that people who ETS have a conscience, unlike lifers. Usually, the lifers are those who can't cut it on the outside. That's a given.

My father-in-law retired at 30 years from the Army as a full bird, and is now vice-president of a software firm in the STL area, making over $100,000 a year.

I hope one day, I can't cut it like him.

240316[/snapback]

:lol: Guess that pretty much settles that.

I'm tired of not being able to cut it. I'll be glad when I can stop cutting it when I turn 42 and then stop cutting it again with a new career while my military retirement kicks in. Man........I hate not being able to cut it.

You and your father-in-law cut it at the expense of the TAXPAYER. I believe we should get rid of excesses in the military, such as the retirement packages they give you guys. Would you sign my petition? You rant about conservatism and independence, yet you rely on taxpayer dollars to fund your retirement. That's dependence, not independence.

You and your father-in-law cut it at the expense of the TAXPAYER. I beleive we should get rid of excesses in the military, such as the retirement packages they give you guys. Would you sign my petition? You rant about conservatism and independence, yet you rely on taxpayer dollars to fund your retirement. That dependence, not independence.

240327[/snapback]

:ucrazy:

You and your father-in-law cut it at the expense of the TAXPAYER. I beleive we should get rid of excesses in the military, such as the retirement packages they give you guys. Would you sign my petition? You rant about conservatism and independence, yet you rely on taxpayer dollars to fund your retirement. That dependence, not independence.

240327[/snapback]

This is what those who do their 20+ signed on for. In fact, retirement benefits of retired military men and women often get chipped away at. The medical benefits have diminished over the years. If you are going to decry recruiters for making false promises, its hard to fault retired military for receiving what they were promised at the outset. It's not a bad deal, especially in the age of disappearing pensions, but the potential risks are considerable and military families often sacrifice tremendously.

240327[/snapback]

240362[/snapback]

Ah, but it feels so good to speak truth to power.

240327[/snapback]

240362[/snapback]

Ah, but it feels so good to speak truth to power.

240401[/snapback]

If you call that the truth, I want whatever you are smoking in Jumbo bags.

Riddle me this then BF. How much is a human life worth? What would it take dollar wise to get you to put your life on the line? In my opinion our military doesn't get paid enough! Go ahead and figure out what your average grunt Marine or Army guy makes per hour. Make sure you aren't computing on an eight hour day as well. Would you risk your life for that? I doubt it....In fact I bet you wouldn't risk your life for anything.

In fact I bet you wouldn't risk your life for anything.

240434[/snapback]

Except maybe for a cat.......or some biscuits and mustard. Right BF?

Archived