PF and his OscarGrouch Call out today

DKW 86

NYT owns:

The Tuscaloosa News, Tuscaloosa, AL

TimesDaily, Florence, AL

The Gadsden Times, Gadsden, AL

OscarGrouch is one of the main posters on TI that is pushing the NYT Story. Basically the hit parade goes somehthing like this on the TI NYT post threads:

Gathered from several sites...

wsj =Warren St John author/bama grad/NYT Homer

92D = Cecil Hurt editor of the Tuscaloosa News Sports Section.

OscarGrouch = David Wasson the sports editor of the Tuscaloosa News.

David Wasson, Sports Ed of the Tuscaloosa news was accused of being OscarGrouch. He went on PFS to calm the storm. Most think he failed badly. He tapped danced around PF's and NV's questions like James Carville at a press conference.Must have literally wore out a pair of new dance shoes. PF finally let the guy off the hook. Most comments from those that listened have been likened to: "You could hear the guy sweating through the phone...."

1) Admitted he and others on TideSports Post on TI, BOL, and Bamamag. Sorry Tidefans... :big:

2) Admitted that they use several user names in an effort to push stories on TideSports.

3) Admitted making posts other than to push stories.

Listened to PF try and eliminate Cecil Hurt from all this. I do not have TI access. So I am taking this at face value that CH has not been very involved in all this. The implication here is that the NYT and Tuscaloosa News have been orchestrating the "looming" NYT story.

PF says it will not amount to much in any case. I dont think it will either other than adding on to the lingering anger over the smear piece the NYT did on Chette Williams that we were later cleared on.

The punchline was "Jim form Tuscaloosa." He was THE NEXT CALLER. He could not have been more over the top if he wanted to be. He screamed from the word go. I have to say no ones gets that emotional over something unless they are vested heavily in it. The gist I got from it was that Jim knew PF was blowing the NYT story for Jim's friends. PF did some damage today to this story. The people calling are not defending the story either. I think a lot know what just went down.

The bit about "nameless callers and posters on the Internet." was archetypical Jim. He was telling how everyone wasnt like him and used their real name etc. About two callers later called in and said thatJim doesnt use his real name and Jim never graduated from Bama either. Well, that would just be about par for the course...

Shane is now on. Defending Jim of all things!!!! Man, damage control major league. PF is now BBQing Shane too. I think the cover is now blown. The NYT article is blown. Shane just said that PF kisses BL's and CTT's a$$.

It's been a good day... B)

Later.

wow.

This is a true soap opera. Could I get some daily updates for a while??

247071[/snapback]

Where have you been. They are all over the Internet... :lol: I have just tried to consolidate them all here.

Wait, wait, wait...

A week or two ago, when the guy from The Crimson Country Club was on, while the entire Bama Nation was calling in crucifying the guy acting like he was such a snob for not wanting people like Shane on his site, Jim called in. Shortly after saying the CCC thing really scared him because the elitism and exclusionism it promoted reminded him of the Nazi's, he said he didn't waste his time posting on any websites. Now he is jumping into this? That's rich.

Off topic...Anyone notice how the whole Writing A Column Thing has really gone to Shane's head? Lately it seems like he calls in every day bashing somebody for being dumb and asking them why they think they are so big and bad, and then pulling out the "Where's your column? Mine's right there on PF.com..." It's like he thinks he is a budding Pulitzer Prize winner. If not that, it will be something like "Well, I have some inside sources that tell me KI won't have the grades to play this year," etc. (Ya'll may remember the KI rumor...I think it got shot down about four months ago by David Irons, Sr...not exactly breaking, inside info old Shane unearthed there.)

I typically have a decent amount of respect for the typical UAT fan, but the cadre of them that calls into PF and that posts on some of the sites has REALLY gone off the deep end lately. They are like the Democrats...the longer they go without winning, the loonier they get.

That is all.

Paul Finebaum was great today! During Shane's call when he asked about Montae Paul responds:

"I Don't Care." Shane continues and he interrupts, "IT'S NOT A GUN! And you and all the other Alabama fans WHO ARE TRYING TO STIR SOMETHING UP ON AUBURN... TRY BEATING THEM ON THE FIELD!"

easy guys, it's all part of the setup. Don't fall in love with the spinmeister.

He will turn in a few weeks as soon as they feel Auburn fans are listening.

He knows to put out crapstone bait and then your hooked just in time for the season.

The whole thing is just sad, and Jim is just pathetic.

247086[/snapback]

Yeah but Jim is a better hitter than Ted Williams.

What do u mean the NY times article is blown?

247109[/snapback]

Champ, I and some others think the whole NYT article stuff was kind of organized to take the heat off of the Sun Tzuing CTT is giving the Bammers right now. CTT is taking a page from Spurrier, IMHO, and is getting deeply under their skin.

Even PF thinks this NYT article stuff will ultimately amount to nothing. It was funny hearing Vickers back Wasson into a corner and leveling him. Like many have said, you could hear the guy sweat over the radio and through the phone lines. It was that bad.

Yesterday, PF was blaming Lowder, Jacobs, Dye, The Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus. Today, there was very little doubt who the ring leaders were in all this mess. Paul did throw Cecil Hurt a lifeline but it was pretty apparent from the call and especially Shane's and Jim reactions who was getting damaged today.

So, story blown? Maybe not, but it sure wont hurt us very much after all this. I would not be surprised if it didnt even get published.

It will get published, but from what I have been told, it will not be anything major - nothing the NCAA will investigate

I guess none of those dumbasses over at bammierag listen to the bald one. If this non-story doesn't blow up like Hiroshima, these guys will cancel Christmas.

Journalistic integrity has been totally ignored with these ya-hoos. We are truly lucky to have a guy like Phillip Marshall representing the AU Nation.

By the way, new member here. I’ve been a visitor to this site since 03 and has since been a daily stop for me.

Journalistic integrity has been totally ignored with these ya-hoos. We are truly lucky to have a guy like Phillip Marshall representing the AU Nation.

By the way, new member here. I’ve been a visitor to this site since 03 and has since been a daily stop for me.

247222[/snapback]

Welcome and War Eagle! :au:

Last thought on all this. I got to hear the replay again after 6 pm.

I dont know if Paul talked with Wasson before the Interview or not. They likley did.

Something strange though happened, Wasson, when questioned by Vickers, was owning up to knowing about this "OscarGrouch" username. Through the entire interview, remember I listened twice, NO ONE, Paul nor Vickers, ever asked him about or even mentioned the username "OscarGrouch." He just answered Vickers like he was being asked about it. Vickers is quite coolheaded if you ask me. I literally could hear him set the hook like a good ole country lawyer. I have dramatically underestimated him. He might not know much at all about football, but that country bumpkin knows his stuff about doing an interview.

I think Vickers knows BS when he hears it too.

My favorite part was after the volleyball guy's interview. Vickers and PF brought up that journalist are SUPPOSED to be unbiased. Clearly the guys covering West Vance are not.

Archived