Brandon Cox

lazya516

hey perfect, what is UW's season looking like?  I haven't really followed the PAC 10 since I moved from cali to atlanta.  my projections are oregon, usc, cal, az st, uw/ucla.  no team will go undefeated and they all may actually have 2 losses.  also, what do you think of the sec this season, seeing as how you have found your way onto an sec board. just wondering where you stand.

247186[/snapback]

Well, as a team, UW is still going to be vary relient on avoiding the injury bug, and if the fates conspire on that issue as they have the pass three seasons, we're screwed. But assuming we stay healthy, I'm very excited about this year's squad, and we may well achieve bowl eligibility for the first time since '02. Particularly inspiring this year is our D, which returns 8 starters from last season, and may feature one of the most improved individual units in the whole country, our D-Backs (all starters return here, and we've used JUCO players add tremendous depth here in the offseason, JUCO Ashlee Palmer should start right away and looks particularly promising). Offensive production is harder to predict, due to a raw O-Line that returns only 3 guys with any starting experience. Our Receiving and Running corps look to be bright spots (again, CTW used JUCO to his benefit in the receiving department, picking up the talented jumbo-receiver Marcel Reece), but are also units that need to avoid the injury bug that has decimated them the last few yeas. The QB situation is a very complicated issue that's nearly impossible to predict. Stanback is, for now, the man, and he has shown many times before he is capable of putting up good performances, but he must stay consistant or DuRocher and the talented frosh Locker will start taking reps and ruin his confidence. All three QBs have potential to solid, it is just a matter of when will they step up?

The SEC, while it is still the best conference around, strikes me as a "show me" conference, meaning that almost, if not every team has a serious issue (or many) that must show the world they can step up and be solid contributors or leaders. Even the biggest dogs in the SEC have this issue: UGA has to show me they have a QB that can follow in Shockley's steps and win them a title, Florida has to show me they can run an offense that can score on SEC defenses, UT has to show me that Ainge really is improved, LSU has to show me that Russell can be a consitant stud, Bama has to show me they can overcome defensive losses and how they'll improve their O-line, and Auburn has to show me they can replace the losses on the receiving corps and on the tackles. With all that said, the SEC seems to be getting deeper. Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, and even Kentucky should all be very competetive this season, and my gut feeling on Arkansas in particular is that they could do something drastic (like knock off USC, Auburn, LSU, etc) on their way back to SEC West contention.

“march the cup away?”

What? Is that a “rivalry” thing? Must be. Let my file that in the “Who Cares” department.

OH my…I wonder who will win the WSU vs UW game this year? I bet it will be a tough one! Oh wait….I don’t care. Never mind.

Archived