CFN's 3 year Program Rankings

rexbo

Boy they sure got 2005 correct. Only missed it by 22 spots

Boy. Someone (once again) got a little hasty by going in defensive mode before checking out what factors are looked at for these ranking. It's NOT based on where you ended up in the ESPN/USAToday Coach's Poll or the AP Poll. It has ALOT of different factors. And it's over a three-year period!!

Click the little Link before getting all defensive, BG.

Boy they sure got 2005 correct. Only missed it by 22 spots

Uh, did you read the article?

It's a 3-year rolling score of multiple factors--and final poll rank is not one of them.

Would this "defense mode" have something to do with a certain "digit"?

DKW's figures are all the 2005 preseason.

Sorry, thought it was the last ranking. I thought the rankings would include the 2005 numbers, do they not?

To be quite honest...I dont really understand what they are trying to prove here or even the point of any of the rankings. Other than to create controversy amongst fans that read there site and want to argue with them about it.

I really dont see the corralation between graduation attendance and winning football games. I mean I know they dont have stuff to write about but who gives a s#it? :rolleyes:

I understand that it doesnt take into account final poll rankings...but it should.

There's no way that there are 30 programs in better shape than Bama. As evidenced by the fact that the day we got off probation, there has been a steady increase in wins and talent.

Even in a rebuilding year, bama will be in the top 25 in the polls...so i really just dont get it.

DKW's figures are all the 2005 preseason.

Sorry, thought it was the last ranking. I thought the rankings would include the 2005 numbers, do they not?

Rexbo's link is from the 2006 preview. Yours from 2005. Look at it - the review talks about Auburn "last season" and the like. I suspect, as the same 2006 link is broken, that they're doing their top 25 now.

I understand that it doesnt take into account final poll rankings...but it should.

There's no way that there are 30 programs in better shape than Bama. As evidenced by the fact that the day we got off probation, there has been a steady increase in wins and talent.

Even in a rebuilding year, bama will be in the top 25 in the polls...so i really just dont get it.

I believe the key phrase would be "the day we got off probation". ;) Just sayin'.

I believe the key phrase would be "the day we got off probation". ;) Just sayin'.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

I would agree that there are probably not 30 better programs than UAT right now. This list is a "past 3 years" very state-of-the-union so you would have to take the last 3 year's finishes, not just your exceptional finish last year.

The real telling thing in the ratings is the "Elite Victories" for which UAT has 1 (Texas Tech). Had UAT beaten more good teams :au: , :lsu: , :uga: , their ratings would have been higher.

But everyone has to take this list (and others like it) with a grain of salt.

I really dont see the corralation between graduation attendance and winning football games.

It's not a rating of won/lost records, although admittedly it's heavily slanted toward on-the-field performance. It's allegedly a rating of the overall strength or health of a program and graduation rates are important in such a rating. Winning on the field isn't everything, and CTT knows it. And winning on the field can't be maintained if a program goes to hell in other ways--just ask Bama.

But I accept that this list is merely the opinion of one or several persons and therefore doesn't mean a lot.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Archived