Auburn Network Radio

TigerOne

Well it looks like the Huntsville metro (heading toward 400,000 folks) will have

primitive radio coverage for :au: games. I don't understand.

Guntersville may be the only hope to pick up games at night.

No stations in Athens or Decatur

The 10 watt AM Arctic outpost station that serves the HSV area is pathetic.

Terrorists in Afghanistan have better radio.

95.1 the rocket dropped AU?

it appears so, it's not for Auburn's lack of trying, the stations decide to carry or not.

Use the computer. I used to listen to the Auburn games all the time on the computer when I lived in S.C.

Use the computer. I used to listen to the Auburn games all the time on the computer when I lived in S.C.

I did the same during the '04 season when I was in Iraq but now you have to pay to listen. There was a big stink about this a couple months ago and I know a lot of us on here fired off some emails in regards to it but I don't know what ever came of it. Last time I checked AUNetwork online you still have to pay.

I have always been frustrated with coverage in Huntsvegas. If it weren't for the 300 UAT radio stations, I could live with it. I finally bought Sirius satellite radio, should have no issues now...

Get Sirius satellite radio... the music and talk channels are great plus they carry all of the SEC teams broadcasts. And no, I'm not affiliated with Sirius or a vendor in any way... Just a way-satisfied customer.

Well it looks like the Huntsville metro (heading toward 400,000 folks) will have

primitive radio coverage for :au: games. I don't understand.

Guntersville may be the only hope to pick up games at night.

No stations in Athens or Decatur

The 10 watt AM Arctic outpost station that serves the HSV area is pathetic.

Terrorists in Afghanistan have better radio.

Call me...I'll give you a play-by-play. :big:

Hey Guys............IF Auburn is NOT getting decent radio coverage then we should contact the powers that be and DEMAND decent coverage!! There is no excuse for us being excluded from decent media coverage in this state.....If we have do demand it, then we DEMAND IT! :au::angry:

Heard from a friend that Espn radio 1450 picked it up in the Huntsville area

yeah thats's true, at night the signal barely leaves the tower

I fault Mike Hubbard for this situation. Birmingham is not much better. Time was you could listen to the Auburn game anywhere in Alabama, Northwest Florida, parts of Georgia and Mississippi. I used to complain regularly to Housel about the situation but to no avail.

I don't know what the pricing schedule is compared to UAT but I think it may be part of the problem.

I know last year I had alot of luck tuning into 92.1 out of Cullman here in Decatur. I don't know if the signal will carry well over into Huntsville, but it might since it is an FM station. May want to give that a try.

Archived