Texas and Ohio State

CircleDrill

Ohio State and Texas play on Saturday. That is a huge game to be on week 2, with national championship implications. Regardless of who wins that game, Auburn should move up in the AP at least one spot provided we can beat MSU.

Anybody have any predictions on that game? I am hoping Texas can pull it out, if for not other reason than I am already sick of the Ohio State push ESPN is on.

If your a :au: fan you got to pull for the Buckeyes. OSU still has to play Iowa, Penn State and Michigan any of these teams could upset OSU.

Texas' toughest game will be OU and after watching them play on Saturday, it won't be much of a game.

Go Buckeyes.

If your a :au: fan you got to pull for the Buckeyes. OSU still has to play Iowa, Penn State and Michigan any of these teams could upset OSU.

Texas' toughest game will be OU and after watching them play on Saturday, it won't be much of a game.

Go Buckeyes.

I agree. Of course, Texas will have to play the conference championship game. The way that has been it won't be a big deal.

I think OSU wins b/c of the experience at QB.

I too think OSU will win. Although in this case it's really picking the lesser of the two evils. OSU has a very good QB, and I think this year Ted Ginn Jr. won't disappear like he did last year after his initial breakout season. The Texas QB got a lot of praises this week, but keep in mind it came against North Texas. OSU defense will be an entirely different beast altogether. I see OSU taking this one.

I agree Ohio State wins, the key to the game will be the play of there senior QB we will see how good Colt Mccoy looks against OSUs defence

OSU's defense gave up 173 yards rushing to Garrett Wolfe this past weekend. If Texas is able to rush the ball like Northern Illinois did, it won't be much of a game. OSU has 9 new starters on defense, and Texas returns most of its defense. Besides, if OSU can't beat Texas in Columbus, what makes anyone think they can beat them in Austin.

Texas 27-14

Anybody have any predictions on that game? I am hoping Texas can pull it out, if for not other reason than I am already sick of the Ohio State push ESPN is on.

Nah, OSU is good, not to mention their #1 ranking. ESPN push for OSU? I don't buy it.

I just hope we as Auburn fans don't start blaming the media for showing favoritism for every single team ranked ahead of us in the polls. How whiney does that look? Auburn has plenty of football left to play...lets not start on the media bashing just yet, please?

OSU's defense gave up 173 yards rushing to Garrett Wolfe this past weekend. If Texas is able to rush the ball like Northern Illinois did, it won't be much of a game. OSU has 9 new starters on defense, and Texas returns most of its defense. Besides, if OSU can't beat Texas in Columbus, what makes anyone think they can beat them in Austin.

Texas 27-14

All but 42 of those yards came after OSU went up 28-0 and went on cruise control.

What if this game Saturday turns out to be a classic 17-16/20-17 type game. Is it possible that neither team would drop below Auburn?

My understanding of the way the polls work is "no." The way they are supposed to work is undefeated teams rise, teams with a loss drop. So, whoever loses that game is theoretically supposed to drop. Now, they may drop to the top of the "teams with a loss" list, but they should drop.

Of course all bets are off when you are talking about reality as we saw when USC jumped us in the polls today.

I don't care about either of these but I do agree with the theory posted above. We need OSU to beat the Steers because after this game, there's just not that much in front of them. The Nuts, on the other hand, still have to navigate a full slate of Big 10 foes, which will be much tougher than anything Texas will face.

Archived