18. Clemson

19. Penn State

20. Oregon

21. Nebraska

22. TCU

23. California

24. Texas Tech

25. Alabama

So basically we jumped ND in one poll and then got jumped by USC in another one, while not moving and tying with ND.

I am surprised we actually jumped ND in a poll after and ND win. Maybe the ND mystic is not as strong as it used to be. One could hope anyway.

Nice to see that USC leaped frogged Auburn even though we blew out our opponent. :moon: AP

Funny, that couldn't happen in '04 huh?? Maybe after we beat Arky we can jump back ahead of them....

So basically we jumped ND in one poll and then got jumped by USC in another one, while not moving and tying with ND.

I guess we can now see what tossing another TD in the last minute of the game will get you...a higher ranking!!!! Although points in a game is not to influence voters, or so they say, but USC plays this game well. Is being classy worth ranking? I know CTT calls off the dogs when we get ahead, but should that hurt our ranking from the people that don't watch or follow SEC football. Even ESPN talks about the score and not how they scored or when. I hope we play USC in the future and we hang 70 points on them...26 points coming in the last 2 minutes!!!!

Oh, let's all stop our collective bitching here, boys. We're way up there with 11 weeks to go. All we have to do is not blow it. Notre Dame will drop. Texas or Ohio state will drop. West Virginnia will ultimately get punished for its laughable schedule. All we have to do is take care of business.

Oh, let's all stop our collective bitching here, boys. We're way up there with 11 weeks to go. All we have to do is not blow it. Notre Dame will drop. Texas or Ohio state will drop. West Virginnia will ultimately get punished for its laughable schedule. All we have to do is take care of business.

Seriously, all it takes is a loss to a very good LSU team or a really sucky day overlooking Arkansas or someone and all the talk will be for naught. So to quote a multitude of people, just take it "one game at a time." If it is meant to be it is meant to be, if not, then just like last time I'll shrug my shoulders and get ready for next time.

The Problem I have with it is just like the media frenzy over USC beating Arkansas; the opposite can be said for Auburn beating WSU. I hoped to hear a little about the game from some .............crickets chirping........intelligent sportscasters on Saturday night and maybe Sunday morning and all I got was a 10 second spot on Gameday and a few bad comments from Rick Karle on Sunday morning, He Spewed something to the effect of how Washington State was taking it to Auburn early in the game and then a few lucky field goals kept us in the game until the 4th quarter. Then the segway into the Rich tradition at Bammerfart University and how impressive they looked in their win over the mighty Warriors!

Makes me want to SCREAM! I for the life of me can not get past the fact that we can win just as impressive as that Trojans and they leap frog us!

i'll be extemely upset if we blow out arkansas, and win all our other games up to that point and still can't jump usc. arkansas rb who was no-contact for august during practice fumbled twice when he was breathed upon by usc def. linemen. the next shakeup is this weekend for texas-ohio st. notre dame has penn st. then michigan.

we just need to take care of business and win and for the love of all that is holy---WIN BIG! that seems to be the only thing that will get the voters attention, especially if you are in the sec. if we could have been a little more crisp early sat. night we could have beaten them 59-14 or worse. we cannot afford to miss any opportunities; did we learn anything from 2004? please tell me that CTT understands this, i can't handle that again.

the good news i see is our depth, we can call off the dogs without really calling off the dogs. irons and lester were awesome. cox looked great. defense looked great. we still have some tweaking to do and no open date unless you count the week before the sec championship.

The polls do exactly what the AP, USA and the media want........it gets millions of people across the country doing just what we are doing in this thread, reading the polls and arguing about them.

The only thing I take much note in these early polls is that the little school down the road still gets no respect.

i'll be extemely upset if we blow out arkansas, and win all our other games up to that point and still can't jump usc. arkansas rb who was no-contact for august during practice fumbled twice when he was breathed upon by usc def. linemen. the next shakeup is this weekend for texas-ohio st. notre dame has penn st. then michigan.

we just need to take care of business and win and for the love of all that is holy---WIN BIG! that seems to be the only thing that will get the voters attention, especially if you are in the sec. if we could have been a little more crisp early sat. night we could have beaten them 59-14 or worse. we cannot afford to miss any opportunities; did we learn anything from 2004? please tell me that CTT understands this, i can't handle that again.

the good news i see is our depth, we can call off the dogs without really calling off the dogs. irons and lester were awesome. cox looked great. defense looked great. we still have some tweaking to do and no open date unless you count the week before the sec championship.

I promise you that Coach and the team all have 2003 and 2004 fresh on their minds. THey harped on it the entire practice time. Get out of the blocks strong. Granted we didn't start out as strong as we wanted to, except maybe on D, with the sacks 3 out first 4 plays, but we got the job done and won in impressive style. They will continue to take one game at a time, and all we can do is hope that the voters will actually watch a #^*$^&% football game during the year!!!!!!!!!! I don't think half of them watch any games at all and go by score alone. Apparently beating and scoring 50 on a decent SEC team is of more value than beating and scoring 40 on a decent PAC-10 team???? Winning by the skin of your teeth to a decent ACC team gets you dropped in the polls. These folks are crazy!!!

Well I am upset about the USC jump, but at least they are being "fluid" with the polls.....I think what we want is a Texas loss to Ohio State (because I figure Ohio State would be more likely to lose a conference game than Texas in the Big 12)....and a Notre Dame loss to Penn State....and later in the year if Notre Dame can beat USC.....but seriously, we have to take care of our business....I think this time if we do so it'll work out. We started a lot lower in 04 and that's what hurt us a lot, and now that we are up high, as are LSU and Florida, we should be fine if we take care of our own business. Let's not overlook :msu: and continue to take it one game at a time!! War Eagle!!

Geez with the USC crapola. It gets so old seeing them get bonus points for never calling off the dogs in blowouts.

This has been one of my problems with the Auburn staff: they DO call off the dogs and it always hurts us. I was so glad to see the last TD punched in for the 40 point final. We have to do that each week and run it up, or some of these other schools will pass us in the polls.

UAT dropped from 24th to 25th in the Coaches poll. They went from 210 points down to 156.

In the AP, they remained 26th, but dropped from 141 points to 96 points. So much respect for the "whuppin" they put on mighty Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can feel the meltdown in T'looser.

I think its just crap that USC was able to jump 3 spots. If any other team other than USC, Ohio St., Notre Dame, or Texas had put the same whooping on Arkansas, you would not see the same results in the polls.

On another note, its just game 1 of the season. I fully expect Notre Dame to lose 1-2 games. Obviously, theres going to be a loser and winner out of Ohio St. vs Texas. Alot of the top ten teams happen to play each other throughout the season, so things may take care of themselves.

Archived