Harris Poll

eibua12

This is the funniest thing I have seen in years..

I will let the poll speak for itself:

I am so dumbfounded I can't come up with the words please tell me I am missing something here.

Link

I may be mistaken, but although the records are being updated, this is the 2005 end of season ranking. The Harris poll will not be released for several weeks, I think.

LSU drops from 4 to 10 after the horrible showing yesterday, Texas is #2 and Ohio St. is #4. Miami is clearly 13 spots better that Flordia State even though last Monday's game said otherwise. This poll is seriously a joke.

This is the funniest thing I have seen in years..

I will let the poll speak for itself:

I am so dumbfounded I can't come up with the words please tell me I am missing something here.

Link

Oh....my....God.....

USC #1 since they have only beaten Arkansas so far this year.

Texas #2 despite getting their :moon: handed to them by Ohio State who is ranked two spots below them?

Penn State #3 after getting embarassed by Notre Dame, who is also two spots below them?

Of course, now one in the top 3 should have two wins. That would just be silly, wouldn't it?

Oregon ranked above us?

FSU remains unranked after beating Miami, but climbs to #22 after barely beating Troy?

Bama up a spot to #13 after beating Vandy by a field goal?

I thought the AP & USA Today polls were out of whack, but Oh My God.

These pollsters are clearly certifiable. Someone get them into a padded room quick.

Guys, I really think that although the team records are up to date, the Harris is not released for a couple more weeks...

Isn't that last years standings???

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/bcspoll.asp

Harris Interactive launched its first release of the Top 25 college football team rankings on September 25, 2005. The BCS, the 11 Division I-A conferences and the independent institutions commissioned Harris Interactive to conduct a new college football Top 25 poll, the results of which became one of the components of the overall BCS standings formula which determined the participants in the BCS championship game and other BCS bowl games played in January 2006.

Poll participants will submit their rankings for the Top 25 teams on a weekly basis during the 2006 season, beginning September 24 through December 3. Harris Interactive will release the results of the overall rankings each week. Consistent with the desire of the BCS for transparency, panelists’ names and their individual team rankings for the December 3 poll also will be released

Guys, I really think that although the team records are up to date, the Harris is not released for a couple more weeks...

Updated: Sunday September 10, 2006 03:24 AM

The standings were updated in the middle of the night, not the rankings.

I think thats fairly obvious that it is exactly the same as the rankings right before the bowls last year.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/bcspoll.asp

Harris Interactive launched its first release of the Top 25 college football team rankings on September 25, 2005. The BCS, the 11 Division I-A conferences and the independent institutions commissioned Harris Interactive to conduct a new college football Top 25 poll, the results of which became one of the components of the overall BCS standings formula which determined the participants in the BCS championship game and other BCS bowl games played in January 2006.

Poll participants will submit their rankings for the Top 25 teams on a weekly basis during the 2006 season, beginning September 24 through December 3. Harris Interactive will release the results of the overall rankings each week. Consistent with the desire of the BCS for transparency, panelists’ names and their individual team rankings for the December 3 poll also will be released

Can't we just bitch and whine about it anyway? ;)

Ray Melick is part of the Harris Poll and stated just this past week on WJOX that they won't vote for another couple of weeks or so

Yeah, I stand corrected.

It's obviously not this year's poll.

Just saw that it was this year's current records, and that it was apparently updated today, and it scared me.

Archived