No Respect for LSU? Auburn overshadowing?

BayouBengal

stupid article, it's not about the last 3-4 years. Just pre game chit chat to give the fans

something to stew over. Cast a shadow <_< ? if your ranked higher I guess you could call it that.

I enjoy seeing the difference of opinion depending on which sideline you stand on.

My perception is that LSU gets more credit because of the ranking of the recruiting classes, splitting the popularity contest with USC and so on. LSU folks see it different. Interesting.

I enjoy seeing the difference of opinion depending on which sideline you stand on.

My perception is that LSU gets more credit because of the ranking of the recruiting classes, splitting the popularity contest with USC and so on. LSU folks see it different. Interesting.

My first thought was what a bunch of whiners. Is there some sort of identity crisis or insecurity over there in red stick? Geez...I just hope they keep flappin' their gums.

I think it has a lot to do with last season. Even after LSU beat Auburn, the media was proclaiming Auburn the best team in the SEC. This was before the SECCG.

Well, we did beat UGA at their place...those folks did biotch slap LSU in the SECCG. Plus, while it took OT for LSU to beat uat, AU pretty much put their game with uat away in the 1st quarter. Take off the purple and gold glasses and most people would say that AU was playing the best ball in the SEC at that time.

I think it has a lot to do with last season. Even after LSU beat Auburn, the media was proclaiming Auburn the best team in the SEC. This was before the SECCG.

Well, we did beat UGA at their place...those folks did biotch slap LSU in the SECCG. Plus, while it took OT for LSU to beat uat, AU pretty much put their game with uat away in the 1st quarter. Take off the purple and gold glasses and most people would say that AU was playing the best ball in the SEC at that time.

True Auburn was playing great ball, but LSU still beat Auburn 20-17.

Because of one player having a really, really, really bad game.

I wouldn't count on 5 missed field goals this year.

In your kicker's defense, they were long field goals. Does Auburn normally rely on kicking long field goals to score their points?

Rely on it? Not necessarily.

Will we take them? You're damn right!!!

When a kicker has the ability to hit 50+ yard field goals, why not give him the opportunity to prove himself?

dumb article. The National media hasn't given us crap. They have even said that LSU is the better team talent wise, but we get the edge because of our home schedule. The national media is all over ND, USC, and OSU this year...not auburn.

With THE MOUSE in control of ABC and ESPN, and with ABC having contracts with the Big 10, Big 12, ACC and PAC-10, look to see more dissing of the SEC overall, since they have a primary CBS contract. Nevermind that the biggest and best games MOST weeks are in the SEC - THE MOUSE is not going to pimp another network. So the rest of the nation gets stuck with crappy regional games, other than the one bright shining nationally covered game on CBS. Unfortunately, this will cost the SEC leader, WHOMEVER it may be, in terms of the unrelenting pounding in the collective public mind that the other teams will get.

I find it downright stupifying that any LSU person would think that.

LS_Who is MUCH more of a media darling, year in and year out, than AU.

:au::homer:

Look, all teams (excepts for ND, OSU or USC) feel they don't get enough respect. In the SEC it seems to me that you never really hear the national scene talking about many of the really good teams (Auburn, LSU, UGA). They tend to love Florida and always talk about Spurrier.

From reading the article above I get the impression that the coaches are trying to get a "we get no respect/we are the underdog" vibe.

All teams do it. If no one is giving LSU respect then they are idiots. They are a VERY talented team not just in terms of the SEC by in the nation. Personally, I think LSU is overall the most talented team in the SEC. I'm not a big fan of their head coach as far as game day coaching, but he has some great assistants that keep the team trucking along. I can't wait for this game. It's going to be a tough one.

In your kicker's defense, they were long field goals. Does Auburn normally rely on kicking long field goals to score their points?

I am as big an AU fan as you will find anywhere. The only team in the SEC that can beat AU is LSU. I think the only team in the SEC that can beat LSU is AU. How good do I think LSU is? If AU wins by one point on a bad call by the refs I'll be glad to get it.

l think both of our schools are overlooked by the media much of the time. l do see Auburn always getting lots of love on Gameday and other programs versus LSU getting props for recruiting well and having a ton of depth. But there is a huge lack of respect for both of our teams this year. From the first two weeks of the season, tell me how much you have heard about both teams. l can tell you its been very little. Some may chalk this up to neither of us really playing quality opponents so far this year, but l really think its a lack respect for the SEC West. We have seen it year in and year out. The SEC West schools aren't as "attractive" as the Tennessee's and Florida's.... even the Georgia's. Alabama used to be the SEC West's trump card, but with them struggling the past decade or so, the media has all but written us off. lf who ever wins this game on Saturday doesn't start getting some major publicity with respect to the National Championship, then we will both know that its a popularity contest and nothing more.

lf who ever wins this game on Saturday doesn't start getting some major publicity with respect to the National Championship, then we will both know that its a popularity contest and nothing more.

I started realizing this a while back. You are right. Whoever comes out of this game should get a lot of pub but they will still not be the Irish, Buckeyes, or Condoms which means they will be playing second fiddle unless some of them step on their collective johnson.

lf who ever wins this game on Saturday doesn't start getting some major publicity with respect to the National Championship, then we will both know that its a popularity contest and nothing more.

I absolutely believe this to be true already. No other way to explain USC and Oklahoma.

Tennessee beat LSU that year. I didn't see any Tennessee fans getting upset when LSU was ranked higher or was talked about more.

Sometimes the better team loses.

They weren't mad because they knew they were absolutely horrible that year. There is a big difference between knowing your team is good, and being ignored, and knowing your team sucks but won a big game.

Auburn didn't lose because of the kicker. We lost because we scored less points than they did. We should have scored 5 TD's on those 5 possessions. If you rely on a kicker to win your important games as the clock expires (a la Alabama last year), you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

The kicker is on the field for a total of 3-5 plays/game. I don't think you can really blame the outcome of the ENTIRE game on him. Be realistic.

Archived