No Respect for LSU? Auburn overshadowing?

BayouBengal

It all boils down to the SEC having a contract with CBS. The other top tier schools are with ESPN. They get press all week about upcoming games. CBS doesn't talk football until Sat. morning, just prior to the games. ESPN isn't going to hype a CBS game, or teams not playing on their network. Anyone paying attention this year has noticed the lack of love ESPN is giving the SEC.

The winner of this game will put themselves in a position where kirk and the rest of those idiots have no other choice but to talk about them. May the best team win. No injuries.

It all boils down to the SEC having a contract with CBS. The other top tier schools are with ESPN. They get press all week about upcoming games. CBS doesn't talk football until Sat. morning, just prior to the games. ESPN isn't going to hype a CBS game, or teams not playing on their network. Anyone paying attention this year has noticed the lack of love ESPN is giving the SEC.

The winner of this game will put themselves in a position where kirk and the rest of those idiots have no other choice but to talk about them. May the best team win. No injuries.

Don't we know it...Even the score ticker is biased...Sunday morning watching SportsCenter. Shows OSU/UT score then gives blip about stats, then show AU/MSU score, the goes to the ND/PSU score,shows stats blip for them and practically every top ten team after that. didn't notice if it did it with the LSU game though.

THey are not talking anything about AU, LSU, UT, UF, UGA as far as the national spotlight. It's like, well if a team makes it halfway thru the season undefeated, then we might start giving them some props. It will be interesting to see how ESPN covers the AU/LSU and UT/UF games this weekend.

Hear hear on the best team win and no injuries. I am looking for a hard fought game. I am not breaking up any fights this time. One b/c I am not a cop anymore, thus not packing, and if folks want to beat up on each other then go ahead. Just no LSU folks try starting anything with me. B) We need a nice smooth gameday experience for all those who are serving in a public safety capacity this Saturday. Don't give them anymore grief than they will already have to endure. I can promise you they will not put up with much on Saturday!!!

All I can say is Auburn was the best SEC team at the end of the season. If LSU is feeling like AU is getting more attention, that is truly sad, because we ain't getting nothing.

I feel like Auburn was playing some of the best football in the nation at the end of last year. LSU was better than Auburn on the night they played, but playing at LSU was a part of that. If LSU and Auburn played 10 times last year...the records would probably be 5-5 or 6-4, going wither way.

The 5 missed field goals is a cop out. LSU had several missed opportunties also...this year, I will take a second chance at a missed extra point for the win and won't feel bad about it AT ALL!!!

Thats about the truth of it. Its not just Auburn or LSU, it is the entire conference that is being overlooked. The SEC highlights on both gameday and gameday final are very small compared to the other conferences.

Then which ever team wins will get the well they are a solid team and the conference is decent, but I'm not sold on them till they take on X team on the road or face X team and win that one. Then when either does it they will come up with another game to make the standard of. Then in the end if either wins out, they will come up with some rationalization (see 04 with the Texas aTm, Ok. State were tough road games in the best division in football with explosive offenses and stout defenses.... vs OU's secondary is weak) As to where say if Notre Dame goes into Michigan and wins this week they will point to that game all year as the one that set the tone and propelled them to excellence for the entire season.

Thats about the truth of it. Its not just Auburn or LSU, it is the entire conference that is being overlooked. The SEC highlights on both gameday and gameday final are very small compared to the other conferences.

Then which ever team wins will get the well they are a solid team and the conference is decent, but I'm not sold on them till they take on X team on the road or face X team and win that one. Then when either does it they will come up with another game to make the standard of. Then in the end if either wins out, they will come up with some rationalization (see 04 with the Texas aTm, Ok. State were tough road games in the best division in football with explosive offenses and stout defenses.... vs OU's secondary is weak) As to where say if Notre Dame goes into Michigan and wins this week they will point to that game all year as the one that set the tone and propelled them to excellence for the entire season.

Gameday used to be about the weekends biggest games and all of college football...ESPN at the time was un-biased and seemed to give everyone equal coverage.....2006 ESPN Gameday now 2 hrs long....is a showcase (ie commercial) for the ABC Prime Time Game for about 1:30 the other 30 mins covers the rest of college football and oh yeah #6 LSU is playing at #3 Auburn whos gonna win...Fathead number 1 "blah blah blah" bigger fat head "not so fast my friend"

Gameday hasn't been to Athens since 1998 I believe

They shoulda been there last year, eh Slink? THey missed a heckuva game! No matter who would've won...that one was a barn burner (LSU reference).... :)

:au::homer:

I don't think either team gets any credit from the media. Both schools play in the shadow of much inferior teams and conferences. LSU pasted Miami 40-3 and who are the idiots at ESPN talking about as a NC contender, Miami. I think LM is using this as a motivational tool for LSU. Hope it works. LOL.

I don't even watch Gameday anymore. I tried watching it on the first Saturday, but it was way too long and drawn out.. Filled with junk. I wish they would just quit doing the stories on people and talk about football. And instead of giving 15-20 minutes on each time in the top 10 other than Auburn and LSU, how about cut it down to a couple of minutes and get all the teams in.

One thing that really annoys me though.. is that when they show other games on Gameday Final.. they will talk about the game and who played well, who played bad, and just get in-depth with the game. When Auburn gets up there, they just show the highlights and go on. Texas beat North Texas that first week.. and somehow, ESPN managed a 15 minutes highlight reel of the game and talked constantly about how Texas was still soo good because they beat that team. LOL.. Give me a break.

Now with that said.. I love ESPN... just for all the football games they provide.

I think it has a lot to do with last season. Even after LSU beat Auburn, the media was proclaiming Auburn the best team in the SEC. This was before the SECCG.

Well, we did beat UGA at their place...those folks did biotch slap LSU in the SECCG. Plus, while it took OT for LSU to beat uat, AU pretty much put their game with uat away in the 1st quarter. Take off the purple and gold glasses and most people would say that AU was playing the best ball in the SEC at that time.

True Auburn was playing great ball, but LSU still beat Auburn 20-17.

Because of one player having a really, really, really bad game.

I wouldn't count on 5 missed field goals this year.

We won't need five missed field goals this year. :lsu::big:

Archived