NCState's Amato Steps In It

CarolinaTiger

Link to Article

Not sure if any of you are following this, but Chuck Amato was hounded by a local reporter after their loss to Akron on Saturday. He ended up making some unfortuante comments about the Zips.

this reporter calls him on it.

just one quote:

``They're in a conference that allows non-qualifiers in school,'' you told the media. ``Non-qualifiers. You need to look that one up to write stories. You know what kind of players non-qualifiers are usually? They're inversely proportional to what their grade-point average is. They can make a big difference.''

Oh Chuck....

According to the university, UA had six non-qualifiers last season. The team that beat you had three. A non-qualifier is a player who has to sit out the first year because he lacked the standardized-test score and/or grade-point average needed to be eligible immediately.

Here are some other numbers: 60 percent and 50 percent.

Chuck, you won't like these, either.

Guess what 60 percent happens to be? It was UA's football graduation rate in 2005.

And that 50 percent? It belongs to your team.

Don't you hate when that happens -- the facts getting in the way of a good story?

Good stuff...i kind of feel bad for the chest, however.

The chest bigger than his D-line, the funny shaded sunglasses, the bright red kicks, and now this... Wow, Amato's days in Raleigh are numbered IMO.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Pet peeve. Another one is "loose" in lieu of "lose", but one of my best friends on the forum makes that one all the time, so I let it go. Hey, JJ!!

I realize it's not a big deal and most people don't care about spelling and grammar, but I find it hard to let go, especially when it isn't a simple typo (teh, etc.)

And I also realize sometimes people say and type things that just come out. For example, my wife asked me the other day if anything was wrong. What I should have said was absolutely nothing. What I did say was, "You should be able to figure it out, you uncaring succubus."

It took me three days to smooth that one over.

Carry on.

Amato is an idiot, Nutt to NC State, yada, yada, yada.

Archived