Big Shot to the Defensive Line

PChamp119

Everyone was talking about how turnovers and the kicking game would be the key to the game. I for one did not feel kicking would be a big deal (as long as we kept Vaughn off the left hash).

I felt the key of the game would lie with the DT's and OL. The OL needed to protect Brandon and in the first half they didn't do that - hense no points, but they did protect him the drive AU missed the FG. Yes we ran the ball a lot more, but Brandon got off his passes. The OL protected Brandon in the second half and we moved the ball that half. We scored that half.

The first two games, WSU and MSU ran the ball against Auburn up the middle. Our DTs did not do a fantastic job (not a poor job, just not a great job) and our LBs did not make the best hits when the RB would bust through the line. I felt if Auburn would stop LSU from running up the middle of the field (cuz aint nobody running east and west against that Auburn defense), that it would be big. JT and Marks and whoever else played DT, did an EXCELLENT job at stopping the run. They jammed the middle perfectly. I am really disappointed that I have not heard more about how great our defense line played. The DL did not pressure Russell at all, but to me it is more important to stop the run than rush the QB and our DTs did an excellent job. The DEs stopped Russell from scrambling on them, so a lot of props there as well. If our DL continues to do that well, our boys will be just fine

Archived