It's a shame we had to play each other!

LSUTigerMan

Well, the game is over, we're all down about the outcome of the game as LSU fans. I too am a bit bummed about the outcome of the game but it all comes down to this...the officials didn't lose the game for LSU and they certainly didn't win the game for Auburn. Were there questionable calls and no-calls, yes, but that's in every game. What it all comes down to is our (LSU's) inability to make plays at big times and out bullheaded offensive coordinator and head coach who week after week insist on forcing the run game. Congrats to the Auburn team, coaches and fans for what was probably one of the best college football games I've ever witnessed. The only real losers in this game are the college football fans around the nation who will never be able to watch the two best teams in the country play for the national championship, beause they just played in Auburn on Saturday, and unfortunately, one of them had to lose. Auburn Tigers, I only ask that you represent our conference and our region as best you can, and if your guys play the rest of the season like they did on Saturday against my Tigers, I know they'll be bringing that crystal trophy back to the plains of Auburn. Good Luck!! Geaux Tigers (both of them)!! :lsu:

LSUTigerMan, thank you very much for your post. I believe you will find that the Auburn fans have a great deal of respect for your Tigers. Very hard fought game in which two of the best teams in the US played their hearts out. Good luck the rest of the season.

Great game LSU TM. It is a shame that either of these teams had to lose. But that's our SEC...and that's why we're the best conference in the country! Good luck the rest of the way!

:au::homer:

Great post. Your take on the offensive coordinator is right on in my opinion. There's just too many horses on that offense to be held in check. I was listening to some writer from Shreveport yesterday morning who was being interviewed and his take was that naturally, everyone wants to complain about the calls but what seems lost on those same people is that game was lost because of a 1.8 yards per carry average in the rushing game.

I know it's cliche, but it's so true that the team that wins the rushing war usually wins the game.

Thank you TigerMan... a classy post. The game was truly a war. I would hate to play LSU again this year. I thought LSU's Oline was young/inexperienced? Though their run blocking wasn't good, the pass blocking was phenomenal... I wish AU's line would've protected Brandon that well. LSU definitely has my respect. Good luck the rest of the year.

Archived