The Real Story

MDM4AU

The Real Story: Global Warming

Updated September 21, 2006

Today, Richard Branson -- sorry, SIR Richard Branson, of Virign Air and, of course, failed-hot-air-balloon-ride fame, announced that he's committing $3 billion dollars to fighting global warming over the next TEN years.

Thank You! Finally, someone who isn't a hypocrite; someone who's putting their own money towards trying to solve a problem they're contributing to! But the Real Story -- and I hate to say it -- is that Sir Richard -- you're wasting your money.

Please, hear me out on this because I know a lot of you are probably watching this thinking that I'm just some Big Oil, Big SUV, kill-all-the-polar-bears-conservative-hatemonger. But only part of that is actually true. See, I DO believe that global warming exists. Did you hear that? GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL!

My issues are whether we're the ones causing it and, even if we are, what can we realistically do about it?

You know why that probably sounds controversial? It's because all the scientists who are out there saying, "hold-on, wait a second" when it comes to this stuff never get their voice heard. It's the other side, the fear-mongering side, that gets the media attention and keeps the grant money flowing.

For example, Bill Gray, a respected scientist from Colorado State University, recently said that warming is due to natural changes in ocean circulation patterns and that, even if he's wrong, there's nothing humans can do to stop it. Unfortunately, the best he could do for a media platform --until now-- was a speech at the Larimer Country Republican Club Breakfast in front of about 50 people.

Even the Montreal Protocol, which is the so-called "gold standard" that environmentalists point to as the most effective thing ever done to combat global warming, has plenty of dissenters that aren't being heard. 17 years ago, when the treaty was first signed, countries like Switzerland began sounding alarm bells-- but no one wanted to listen. And that's too bad, because Switzerland's concerns that the treaty would actually cause more greenhouse gases, have proven to be true. In fact, two to three times more greenhouse gas has been created by the Montreal Protocol than the total amount of CO2 that the NEW "landmark" treaty, the Kyoto Protocol, is supposed to eradicate! Let me say that again: the most effective treaty ever signed has done MORE HARM THAN GOOD!

This world has real problems that CAN be cured with money and time and devoted scientists...things like AIDS, cancer, malaria, and so much more. If you want to leave this world a better place, spend your money on those problems, not one that you just might end up making worse.

LINK

The Real Story: Global Warming

Updated September 21, 2006

Today, Richard Branson -- sorry, SIR Richard Branson, of Virign Air and, of course, failed-hot-air-balloon-ride fame, announced that he's committing $3 billion dollars to fighting global warming over the next TEN years.

Thank You! Finally, someone who isn't a hypocrite; someone who's putting their own money towards trying to solve a problem they're contributing to! But the Real Story -- and I hate to say it -- is that Sir Richard -- you're wasting your money.

Please, hear me out on this because I know a lot of you are probably watching this thinking that I'm just some Big Oil, Big SUV, kill-all-the-polar-bears-conservative-hatemonger. But only part of that is actually true. See, I DO believe that global warming exists. Did you hear that? GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL!

My issues are whether we're the ones causing it and, even if we are, what can we realistically do about it?

You know why that probably sounds controversial? It's because all the scientists who are out there saying, "hold-on, wait a second" when it comes to this stuff never get their voice heard. It's the other side, the fear-mongering side, that gets the media attention and keeps the grant money flowing.

For example, Bill Gray, a respected scientist from Colorado State University, recently said that warming is due to natural changes in ocean circulation patterns and that, even if he's wrong, there's nothing humans can do to stop it. Unfortunately, the best he could do for a media platform --until now-- was a speech at the Larimer Country Republican Club Breakfast in front of about 50 people.

Even the Montreal Protocol, which is the so-called "gold standard" that environmentalists point to as the most effective thing ever done to combat global warming, has plenty of dissenters that aren't being heard. 17 years ago, when the treaty was first signed, countries like Switzerland began sounding alarm bells-- but no one wanted to listen. And that's too bad, because Switzerland's concerns that the treaty would actually cause more greenhouse gases, have proven to be true. In fact, two to three times more greenhouse gas has been created by the Montreal Protocol than the total amount of CO2 that the NEW "landmark" treaty, the Kyoto Protocol, is supposed to eradicate! Let me say that again: the most effective treaty ever signed has done MORE HARM THAN GOOD!

This world has real problems that CAN be cured with money and time and devoted scientists...things like AIDS, cancer, malaria, and so much more. If you want to leave this world a better place, spend your money on those problems, not one that you just might end up making worse.

LINK

He misspelled "virgin".

I've already heard the story. Goes a little something like this:

Hot in.....

So hot in here.....

So hot in.....

Oh

Wan' a lil bit of uh uh and a lil bit of.

(Uh) I was like, good gracious ass is bodacious

Oh, flirtatious, tryin to show patience

I'm waitin' for the right time to shoot my steez (you know)

Waitin' for the right time to flash them keys

Then um I'm leavin, please believin (oh)

Me and the rest of my heathens

Check it, got it locked at the top of the four seasons

Penthouse, roof top, birds I feedin

No deceivin, nothin up my sleeve and, no teasin

I need you to get up up on the dance floor

Give that man what he askin for (oh)

Cuz I feel like bustin loose and I feel like touchin you (uh uh)

And can't nobody stop the juice so baby tell me what's the use

(I said)

Its gettin hot in here (so hot)

So take off all your clothes (eh)

uh uh uh uh uh

I am gettin to hot, I wanna take my clothes off

Why you at the bar if you ain't poppin the bottles (come on)

What good is all the fame if you ain't *bleep* the models

I see you drivin, sportscar, ain't hittin the throttle

And I be down, and do a hundred, top down and goggles

Get off the freeway, exit 106 and parked it

Ash tray, flip gate, time to spark it

Gucci collar for dollar, got out and walked it

I spit game cuz baby I cant talk it

Warm, sweatin its hot up in this joint

VOKAL tanktop, on at this point

Your with a winner so baby you cant lose

I got secrets cant leave Cancun

So take it off like you're home alone

You know dance in front your mirror while your on the phone

Checkin your reflection and tellin your best friend,

like "girl I think my butt gett'n' big" (oh)

(I said)

uh uh uh uh uh

(I said)

uh uh uh uh uh

(Let it hang all out)

Mix a little bit a ah, ah

With a little bit a ah, ah

(Let it just fall out)

Give a little bit a ah, ah

(Let it hang all out)

And a sprinkle a that ah, ah

(Let it just fall out)

I like it when ya ah, ah

Girl, Baby make it ah, ah

Stop pacin, time wastin

I gotta friend with a pole in the basement (What?)

I'm just kiddin like Jason (Oh)

Unless you gon' do it

Extra, extra eh, spread the news (check it)

Nelly took a trip from the Lune to Neptunes

Came back with somethin thicker than fittin in sasoons

Say she got a thing about cuttin in restrooms

uh uh uh uh uh

(I said)

uh uh uh uh uh