OBL dead from typhoid?

AUloggerhead

Link

France Looks Into bin Laden Death Report

Sep 23, 7:43 AM (ET)

PARIS (AP) - The French defense ministry on Saturday called for an internal investigation of the leak of an intelligence document that raises the possibility that Osama bin Laden may have died of typhoid in Pakistan a month ago but said the report of the death remained unverified.

"The information defused this morning by the l'Est Republicain newspaper concerning the possible death of Osama bin Laden cannot be confirmed," a Defense Ministry statement said.

The daily newspaper for the Lorraine region in eastern France printed what it described as a confidential document from the French foreign intelligence service DGSE citing an uncorroborated report from Saudi secret services that the leader of the al-Qaida terror network had died.

The contents of the document, dated Sept. 21, or Thursday, were not confirmed by French or other intelligence sources. However, the DGSE transmitted the note to President Jacques Chirac and other officials, the newspaper said.

Defense Minister Michele Alliot-Marie "has demanded an investigation be carried out of this leak," a ministry statement said, adding that transmission of the confidential document could risk punishment.

Defense Ministry spokesman Jean-Francois Bureau, clarifying the statement, said that the DGSE document exists but that its contents - that bin Laden is allegedly dead - cannot be confirmed.

The DGSE, or Direction Generale des Services Exterieurs, indicated that its information came from a single source.

"According to a reliable source, Saudi security services are now convinced that Osama bin Laden is dead," said the intelligence report.

There have been periodic reports of bin Laden's illness or death in recent years but none has been proven accurate.

According to this document, Saudi security services were pursuing further details, notably the place of his burial.

"The chief of al-Qaida was a victim of a severe typhoid crisis while in Pakistan on August 23, 2006," the document says. His geographic isolation meant that medical assistance was impossible, the French report said, adding that his lower limbs were allegedly paralyzed. On Sept. 4, Saudi security services had their first information on bin Laden's alleged death, the unconfirmed document reported.

In Pakistan, a senior official of that country's top spy agency, the ISI or Directorate of Inter-Service Intelligence, said he had no information to confirm bin Laden's whereabouts or that he might be dead. The official said he believed the report could be fabricated. The official was not authorized to speak publicly on the topic and spoke on condition of anonymity.

U.S. Embassy officials in Pakistan and Afghanistan also said they could not confirm the French report.

Well, if he does die, I hope it's not in battle for that would only create a martyr. Dying from typhoid is pretty undignified.

Bushco will claim that their covert biological weapon attack worked!

Well, if he does die, I hope it's not in battle for that would only create a martyr. Dying from typhoid is pretty undignified.

Exactly, and they timed it as close as they could for the upcoming elections... :P

Exactly, and they timed it as close as they could for the upcoming elections... :P

They were wanting to spring the news in three weeks, but the damn French leaked it!

Here's my question. We can't catch the SOB, but the Saudis know he has typhoid fever? If this is true, then why are we not using this info to make sure the report is validated?

Sad thing is, because of the way the intelligence works in the Mideast, you don't know if this is credible info or not. Same reason we can't seem to backtrack the contacts when he releases one of his tapes. Too many informants playing both sides of the ball.

I always said I wanted the guy to "Eat Sh** and die" but I didn't expect it to happen literally! :roflol:

Yeah it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I hope the b*****d suffers.

Here's my question. We can't catch the SOB, but the Saudis know he has typhoid fever? If this is true, then why are we not using this info to make sure the report is validated?

Sad thing is, because of the way the intelligence works in the Mideast, you don't know if this is credible info or not. Same reason we can't seem to backtrack the contacts when he releases one of his tapes. Too many informants playing both sides of the ball.

The "in bedded" Saudis and Bushco know exactly where he is, and have no interest in catching him. Heck, he only funded 911, right? The FBI's most wanted poster of Osama doesn't mention 911, so go figure.

Archived