New Day!!

C-villetiger1

I have been here watching the posts and I have thought all the same things. Why do they not talk about us when we destroy a Pac 1 team in the first week. They give us 26 seconds when we open up SEC play on the road (like USC did in Arky) and dismantle a strong DL. Then the biggest game of the year in the SEC and they are in Southern cali for USC v NEB. After the game we hold an offense that avgs 45 points per game( and they did it again this week 49 I think!!!) and it was a boring game with 2 inept offenses! As some on here have said its time to let it go. We can win all the games we want and blow out teams win SEC championships but we are not a media fav. They still are waiting for Bama to rise again so they can talkk about a team steeped in 40 years ago history that is back.

With this being said I hope we all get what we want but if the idiot box gets what it wants we will be in new orleans for the sugar on the outside looking in. There is no more rule about if you dont lose you cant be jumped. that went out the window when USC was number 3 and AU was the team to be jumped. And in all this I love Tubbs approach "dont run up the score just to impress the polls". If it were up to ESPN they would leave the starters in unitl they had completley broken the other young mens will to play anymore! If this is what we have to do to get a MNC do we really want one! Ill take one of the few real championships and be just fine!!!! SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!

ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!

"There is no more rule about if you dont lose you cant be jumped".

Of course this has never been the rule or practice in college football anyway, I'm not sure how that rumor got started. Check out recent and not so recent history. Just a few examples,

Us in 2004.

Us in 1983: Pre-bowls: we're #3, TX #2, Neb #1. Both #1 & #2 lose, we beat Mich. in the Sugar Bowl. Miami leaps from #4 to #1.

Notre Dame leaped from #5 to #1 by winning its bowl game in '77.

It happens in the regular season ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME (e.g. 1995, Penn State didn't lose a game all season but got dumped from #1 by Nebraska (eventual MNC that year) MID-SEASON.

HEy Canuck. I do know that it isnt a "Rule" in the true sense of the word. What I was reffering to was in 04 the idot box told me if you dont lose you can be jumped. This however is not the case. And agreed Just win em all and let the idiots have thier MNC.

Archived