Tonight's the Night

LegalEagle

At a sex therapy seminar in South Carolina, the therapist asked for a show of hands of those who have sex every night. Many raised their hands. He then asked how many get it at least twice a week and many more raised their hands. He continued on until he asked how many of you only have sex once a year. One guy raises his hand out of all of the crowd. The therapist asked, "Sir, you only have sex once a year yet you seem so happy, how can that be?" The man replied, "Tonight's the night!" :no:

Well, tonight's the night for the AU fans and AU football team. We are on center stage. Everyone who is anyone will see us. It is a double edged sword - We do good, maybe we get the respect we feel we deserve; if we fail to control the game, those who doubted us will validate their opinions.

With that in mind, I am not particularly pleased with some of the bulletin material some of our players are giving to USC. I'm old school - keep your mouth shut and prove yourself by your play and team results. I hate 'trash talking." In my day, such banter would swiftly receive a yellow flag and 15 yards would be stepped off for "unsportsmanlike conduct." It would only take a handful of flags to remove this from the college game again.

Well, back to my point after the little rant. We have an opportunity few teams get each year - a Thursday night game with a national audience against a Spurrier team. We have been thumping our chests about how we are going to show what we have tonight; we are going to use the great plays we just haven't used so far, etc. I hope we do play well, because if we don't, we'll struggle to overcome it for the rest of the season. In short, tonight we have more to lose than to gain. I hope it goes well.

War Eagle, Hey!

We're opposite Grey's Anatomy..

Ah well.

How many college football voters and computer ranking people will be watching GA rather than AU/USC?

I saw were GA got some Emmys, but I've never seen it. I'll not see it for the first time tonight either!

We're opposite Grey's Anatomy..

Ah well.

How many college football voters and computer ranking people will be watching GA rather than AU/USC?

I saw were GA got some Emmys, but I've never seen it. I'll not see it for the first time tonight either!

Tonight's the Night

* But a joke first

At a sex therapy seminar in South Carolina, the therapist asked for a show of hands of those who have sex every night. Many raised their hands. He then asked how many get it at least twice a week and many more raised their hands. He continued on until he asked how many of you only have sex once a year. One guy raises his hand out of all of the crowd. The therapist asked, "Sir, you only have sex once a year yet you seem so happy, how can that be?" The man replied, "Tonight's the night!" :no:

Well, tonight's the night for the AU fans and AU football team. We are on center stage. Everyone who is anyone will see us. It is a double edged sword - We do good, maybe we get the respect we feel we deserve; if we fail to control the game, those who doubted us will validate their opinions.

With that in mind, I am not particularly pleased with some of the bulletin material some of our players are giving to USC. I'm old school - keep your mouth shut and prove yourself by your play and team results. I hate 'trash talking." In my day, such banter would swiftly receive a yellow flag and 15 yards would be stepped off for "unsportsmanlike conduct." It would only take a handful of flags to remove this from the college game again.

Well, back to my point after the little rant. We have an opportunity few teams get each year - a Thursday night game with a national audience against a Spurrier team. We have been thumping our chests about how we are going to show what we have tonight; we are going to use the great plays we just haven't used so far, etc. I hope we do play well, because if we don't, we'll struggle to overcome it for the rest of the season. In short, tonight we have more to lose than to gain. I hope it goes well.

War Eagle, Hey!

You know.....no matter what happens, it's always great to be an Auburn Tiger....

I said IT'S GREAT...TO BE....

Make no mistake. USC will be READY. We will get their best shot.

Stephonus Maximus is a VERY good Coach and will throw the kitchen sink at us.

I have confidence that the Auburn Tigers will be READY too!

Time will tell.....O N E at a time.

I think I've missed the smack and bulletin board material, Legal? To what are you referring?

This is the kind of stuff - raising expectations in the media & dissin' their best offensive threat. The trash talking is done on the field, and I understand is quite common these days. In contrast, Spurrier and his players are talking about how great we are and how we'll be prepared and how difficult if will be for them to win. While everything said could be true, I see no reason to say anything about an upcoming opponent that would not blow their skirt up a little.

"I've seen better receivers," Irons said. "If they say he's the best, then I'll keep going against him. (Rice) got off to a pretty good start in his last game against Florida Atlantic. He'll be playing against a pretty good secondary this week that won't be giving up big plays like that."

"All the national attention will be on us," Auburn senior receiver Courtney Taylor said. "That's what we want. We want to show the whole nation what we are. That's why I like us playing today."

Now, Borges said, it's time to start giving opponents more to ponder."You can't allow people to play up on the line of scrimmage with consistency because it'll get harder and harder to run the ball," Borges said. "You have to have the ability to take the ball down the field and take some chunks out of the defense. We're going to get more into our style."

“I think we are going to open it up and pass it more this week. Smith predicts that will change on Thursday night as the Tigers take on the South Carolina Gamecocks in Columbia. “Cox has looked real good in practice,” Smith says. “Against Buffalo he couldn’t plant on Saturday, but I think he is going to be throwing the ball real good against South Carolina." “This is a game that will get us a lot of national attention,” he says. “We have to go out there and set the tone early and show them why we are ranked number two in the nation.”

I think I've missed the smack and bulletin board material, Legal? To what are you referring?

This is the kind of stuff - raising expectations in the media & dissin' their best offensive threat. The trash talking is done on the field, and I understand is quite common these days. In contrast, Spurrier and his players are talking about how great we are and how we'll be prepared and how difficult if will be for them to win. While everything said could be true, I see no reason to say anything about an upcoming opponent that would not blow their skirt up a little.

"I've seen better receivers," Irons said. "If they say he's the best, then I'll keep going against him. (Rice) got off to a pretty good start in his last game against Florida Atlantic. He'll be playing against a pretty good secondary this week that won't be giving up big plays like that."

"All the national attention will be on us," Auburn senior receiver Courtney Taylor said. "That's what we want. We want to show the whole nation what we are. That's why I like us playing today."

Now, Borges said, it's time to start giving opponents more to ponder."You can't allow people to play up on the line of scrimmage with consistency because it'll get harder and harder to run the ball," Borges said. "You have to have the ability to take the ball down the field and take some chunks out of the defense. We're going to get more into our style."

“I think we are going to open it up and pass it more this week. Smith predicts that will change on Thursday night as the Tigers take on the South Carolina Gamecocks in Columbia. “Cox has looked real good in practice,” Smith says. “Against Buffalo he couldn’t plant on Saturday, but I think he is going to be throwing the ball real good against South Carolina." “This is a game that will get us a lot of national attention,” he says. “We have to go out there and set the tone early and show them why we are ranked number two in the nation.”

David said some stuff like this before the WSU game and he put up. It's just talk and he knows he has to put up.

I beat you Howard, I'm sitting at school contemplating how many jager bombs I can humanly take tonight.

I beat you Howard, I'm sitting at school contemplating how many jager bombs I can humanly take tonight.

Yea well this is after I ran out for lunch and picked up a 5th of rum and a 5th bourbon.

how bout every time the kenny vs. usc thing is mentioned you drink and everytime you see david irons talkin trash you have to drink.

how bout every time the kenny vs. usc thing is mentioned you drink and everytime you see david irons talkin trash you have to drink.

I would like to make it through the first half!

For those of you just a wee bit older, you may recall Joe Lee Dunn as the defensive coordinator at Ole Mrs. or MSU or both. He wasn't worth shooting. But, the media just loved him because he blitzed just about every play and did some crazy stuff on D.

They called his name about 64 times a quarter. We drank every time his name was called. My liver hates me now. Curse you Joe Lee Dunn.

For those of you just a wee bit older, you may recall Joe Lee Dunn as the defensive coordinator at Ole Mrs. or MSU or both. He wasn't worth shooting. But, the media just loved him because he blitzed just about every play and did some crazy stuff on D.

They called his name about 64 times a quarter. We drank every time his name was called. My liver hates me now. Curse you Joe Lee Dunn.

i remeber him, his defenses were great at msu with all that expesive talent. Easily the most overated DC in a long time.

I for one am glad to see us have some stones. We as fans and as a team have always played the underdog. We are one of the elite teams and tonight is a great showcase if we can put together a great game. I love to see DI talkin trash and to hear BC talk about showing the nation. that stuff gets me all fired up I mean lets not all play like we dont talk trash. I for sure talk trash wether it bi-sexual bad mitten or checkers if i play I talk. And it is nice to see that with the class of young men we have on our roster that only a few do this. And look at the numbers. calvin Johnson had one TD against DI in his very first AU game. The Hill kid that said "ive seen better CBs in the Pac-1 than him" was shut down all night long his 12 yards and a TD are very impressive and all but lets be real those numbers suck! And the last point THEY ARE KIDS let them play!! SO theres my rant ( most of this comes from the conversation I just had with an SC grad that hates KI because he wouldnt play in a game when he was injured I was fo show talkin trizash)

My trash talk

:flame::usc:

ONE at a Time!!!!!!!

Archived