LSU vs Florida

Aufan59

My logic says that we want Florida to win. An undefeated top 5 team coming into town is more impressive than a one loss team. The game will most likely be on at the same time that MSU/OSU is on, so the bigger this one is, the better. On top of that, if we beat Arkansas and Florida wins, we'd have a 3 game edge on LSU a 2 game edge on Arkansas, and a 2 game edge on Alabama. This would be a virtual lock in the SECCG assuming we don't fold like a Spartan in a rain storm.

If LSU wins, all we get is the ability to say "yeah, we beat that team that beat Florida in the swamp."

Florida...we play them next week. LSU would be basically 3 games back in the West.

So I got to change my sig? I was thinking that LSU will go 11-1 this season and us beating them will look better in the long run. So I was backing LSU, I think.

But your way makes a lot of sense, too.

I think we could spin both ways as good for Auburn...Undefeated UF would be great...but having LSU keep storming up and being in the top 5 might be better...

Depends on who we think has a better chance of winning out (provided we do too)

We HAVE to pull for LSU, if we have an eye on the MNC. Best case scenario is that we go undefeated (beating both LSU and Florida). LSU finishes in the Top 5 with 1 loss (to us). Florida finishes in the Top 10 with two losses (to LSU and Auburn). If we win out, it doesn't matter whether LSU wins out or not for SECCG purposes. We just want our opponents to be ranked as higly as possible at the END of the season. If Florida wins this weekend and loses to us, then at the end of the year, UF and LSU will both probably be Top 10, but neither Top 5.

Yeah..It doesn't really matter. I'd love to see Florida come in undefeated and ranked in the top 5....however, I hate florida so i love seeing them lose....

That said, it really doesn't matter. Let's just take care of Auburn business and nothing else in any stadium anywhere in the country makes any difference...

O N E game at a time...

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

florida needs to put the 2d loss on lsu. auburn's #1 priority is to make it to atlanta. fla beats lsu, lsu is out. auburn beats ark, ark is next too out. until lsu puts them all the way out in nov. winning the sec is the main goal. the other shiz, auburn cant control.

Well as much as I would like to see :lsu: win and I think they will destroy :uf: an undefeated :uf: , :au: showdown would look better to the voters as if we care about what they say anyway.LOL

We HAVE to pull for LSU, if we have an eye on the MNC. Best case scenario is that we go undefeated (beating both LSU and Florida). LSU finishes in the Top 5 with 1 loss (to us). Florida finishes in the Top 10 with two losses (to LSU and Auburn). If we win out, it doesn't matter whether LSU wins out or not for SECCG purposes. We just want our opponents to be ranked as higly as possible at the END of the season. If Florida wins this weekend and loses to us, then at the end of the year, UF and LSU will both probably be Top 10, but neither Top 5.

If we are assuming best case scenario, wouldn't it be better for Florida to win, since we potentially play them twice?

It would take very special circumstances for me to pull for LSU. Thses are not special circumstances.

I want Florida well ranked when we beat them.

I actually want to beat the Razorback Hogs first.

I am rooting for Florida for two reasons:

1) It further separates us from LSU in SEC West, and

2) an undefeated Florida coming in would only make the victory that much sweeter

WDE!

Root for the Gators. If LS who beats them then they will fall out of the top ten. It would be better for us to have played and hopefully beaten two teams in the top ten. LSU was sixth when Auburn knocked them off and I think it will look better for Auburn to beat a top five team,if Florida can somehow beat them insted of a top 15 team. However LSU will beat Florida by two TD's.

I think LSU will win, however if we were to go undefeated and that's a tall order, then I would like to play UT in Atlanta. For that to happen then LSU must beat the Gators. That would give us victories over all the top teams in the SEC and they all will probably be in the top 25 at year end. I don't want to play UF or UGA twice like we did in 04 with UT. If we lose then it doesn't really matter.

Archived