uat WORST offense in SEC

TigerOne

I think what hurts us Bama fans the most is that we have the talent and the depth(finally) to contend but now coaching is holding us back........We can't win for LOSING!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what hurts us Bama fans the most is that we have the talent and the depth(finally) to contend but now coaching is holding us back........We can't win for LOSING!!!

Guy....If you are a fan of uat, Why do you list yourself as an AU Fan in your member info.?

I believe the reason UAT will lose is over-confidence and not showing up Saturday. Most of the team will go out with Simpson on Friday night for some cream, and forget about the game. Just watch, UAT will lose in the worst game of the century for UAT.

Guy....If you are a fan of uat, Why do you list yourself as an AU Fan in your member info.?

Hey WT if you are talking about that listed under the avatar I do not think he has an option until he reaches a certain number of posts.

Come on now Auburn fans I stand up for you a lot around Tuscaloosa but right now you're being stupid by saying that the Iron Bowl is an automatic Win. I can't remember how many times I've heard the saying "throw the records out the door because this is the Iron Bowl" and the saying is correct, Bama has a chance but coaching may be the end of that chance.

Every since the :usc: game anytime Bama’s offensive woes comes up the Turds always say the same thing, “look what happened to you guys in Columbia”. The big difference is in those types of games AU wins by 7 and the Tide, well we know what happened in Arkansas.

So for Bama fans to come over here and critique Auburn, I say put up or shut up.

How do I change it? I've tried but can't figure it out

After watching AU play a few games this year...I wouldnt be proactively putting the Iron Bowl in the W column if I were an AU fan.

Haven't you heard? We aren't going to put the traditional W in the records but rather

the record will just show a :thumbsup:

The Admin guru is wrong (unless he's changed it in teh board settings.)

It was 300 at one time.

That's what I was thinking it was until I could change mine but I have had a few whiskey and waters since then.

Come on now Auburn fans I stand up for you a lot around Tuscaloosa but right now you're being stupid by saying that the Iron Bowl is an automatic Win. I can't remember how many times I've heard the saying "throw the records out the door because this is the Iron Bowl" and the saying is correct, Bama has a chance but coaching may be the end of that chance.

Every since the :usc: game anytime Bama’s offensive woes comes up the Turds always say the same thing, “look what happened to you guys in Columbia”. The big difference is in those types of games AU wins by 7 and the Tide, well we know what happened in Arkansas.

So for Bama fans to come over here and critique Auburn, I say put up or shut up.

When have I ever said anything about the SC game? In fact all that was is Spurrier being the great coach he is, He could have done that to OSU if he wanted

It used to be 300, not sure when it was changed, but it is 100 now. I just verified it in the board settings.

Anyway... back to the topic at hand...

:au:

Great thread... considering that we're 4th in the league in total offense and average 14 more ypg than you guys.

Our offense is no juggernaut, and our redzone #'s are killing us, but to call us the "worst offense in the SEC" is bullcrap. You gotta love the title too... And it's true the stats don't lie.

http://secsports.com/new/sports/fbc/06stats/confldrs.htm

Ah the true problem surfaces. The bammers still haven't figured out that running up and down the field and getting good stats don't win ball games. They still don't know what that last white stripe if for. They are happy with getting yards and winning quarters but haven't yet discovered TDs count more than FGs and that he who has the most points on the scoreboard at the end of the game is the victor.

It's no way an automatic, if anything the past teaches us that uat has very good chance of winning,

even if they do have the worst offense in the conference. One day it will click and come together, what year that will be no one knows.

Do a little homework and you will find that in spite of what people and the media like to think (the IB can always go either way), the favorite team has won the vast majority of times. There have been few upsets.

Think bama will be favored this year?

UAT would be better if they didn't screw up so bad. The turnovers are killing them - if they can have a game where they don't turn the ball over, they will win.

I know AU is 5-0 in T-Town and we probably have the better team this year (I guess our first head-to-head matchup is this week when we play Arkansas), but never "count on a win" when it is on the road against your biggest rival

Yeah...we scored 4 of 6 possessions (9 of the last 12 overall)...and I heard the same crud on "Talkin' Football".... Go figure! B)

:au::homer:

Over that stretch of 8 games 5 of those include:

Auburn

Tennessee

Arkansas

LSU

and Florida

And the other three were:

Ole Miss

Miss. St.

and Vandy

Your point?

I thought my point was obvious...

8 games = SEC season. Therefore, the competition on that timeframe should be = for most Western teams. That's the point of the 8, BG.

Over that stretch of 8 games 5 of those include:

Auburn

Tennessee

Arkansas

LSU

and Florida

And the other three were:

Ole Miss

Miss. St.

and Vandy

Your point?

I thought my point was obvious...

All I see are four teams that will make it hard for anybody to score more than 10-20 points and four teams who will let most teams name their score.

I can't remember how many times I've heard the saying "throw the records out the door because this is the Iron Bowl" and the saying is correct,

Actually? You might want to get the record books back out. That saying really doesn't hold water when it comes to the AU/AL game. Throwing the record books out would be a mistake.

I'll let you do the research, but the fact is that when it comes to the AU/AL game, the "record books" really do count for something. Upsets are, in fact, extremely rare.

Anybody have the research handy?

I can't remember how many times I've heard the saying "throw the records out the door because this is the Iron Bowl" and the saying is correct,

Actually? You might want to get the record books back out. That saying really doesn't hold water when it comes to the AU/AL game. Throwing the record books out would be a mistake.

I'll let you do the research, but the fact is that when it comes to the AU/AL game, the "record books" really do count for something. Upsets are, in fact, extremely rare.

I agree. I said the same thing on my post on page 3 of this thread. I don't have the data handy to show it but I know it to be true. let the doubters disprove it.

Where's Stat when you need him?

Archived