uat WORST offense in SEC

TigerOne

Concerning bama's inept offense (the original subject of this thread), the bama beat writer for the Huntsville Times provided some timely info in yesterday's paper. For all SEC teams he shows the number of TDs scored in their last 8 conference games (the equivalent of a season). I will say up front that based on their posts here bama fans won't get it since they apparently haven't figured out that the purpose of the offense is to score TDs, not just have good stats. Having applied that little caveat, here are the facts (TDs by team):

Auburn 26

Florida 26

Vandy 25

Georgia 22

LSU 22

USC 21

Arky 20

Tenn. 17

Ky 16

Ole Miss 10

bama 8

Now is that pathetic or what? How can anyone argue that bama has the worst offense in the SEC recently.

To make matters worse, in today's Huntsville Times bama OC Dave Rader says Shula is the best play caller he has ever been around. I sure as heck wouldn't want any of the others he's been around. I sure hope Rader and Shula are at bama a long time :big:

So actually going by that......

Ole Miss > SPUAT

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching AU play a few games this year...I wouldnt be proactively putting the Iron Bowl in the W column if I were an AU fan.

You got to be kidding me BG. Any bet that you would like to make on this years Iron Bowl - i'll take it. Avatars, signature or even screen name. You name it.

Did I miss the response to this proposal?

After watching AU play a few games this year...I wouldnt be proactively putting the Iron Bowl in the W column if I were an AU fan.

You got to be kidding me BG. Any bet that you would like to make on this years Iron Bowl - i'll take it. Avatars, signature or even screen name. You name it.

No, I do believe we are all STILL WAITING................................... :poke::poke::poke:

The story in the NFL about Shula's Tampa Bay offenses was that they got worse every year, same could be said for Bama's.

Point Totals by year

2003: 331

2004: 295

2005: 263

Right now Alabama is on pace to score 276 for the season but they still have to play LSU and Auburn who are giving up roughly a touchdown a game.

Another funny:

2003: 4-9

2004: 6-6

2005: 10-2

Another funny, 0-6 against LSU and Auburn in that same stretch, the 2 teams that have won the West the last 3 years.

Concerning bama's inept offense (the original subject of this thread), the bama beat writer for the Huntsville Times provided some timely info in yesterday's paper. For all SEC teams he shows the number of TDs scored in their last 8 conference games (the equivalent of a season). I will say up front that based on their posts here bama fans won't get it since they apparently haven't figured out that the purpose of the offense is to score TDs, not just have good stats. Having applied that little caveat, here are the facts (TDs by team):

Auburn 26

Florida 26

Vandy 25

Georgia 22

LSU 22

USC 21

Arky 20

Tenn. 17

Ky 16

Ole Miss 10

bama 8

Now is that pathetic or what? How can anyone argue that bama has the worst offense in the SEC recently.

To make matters worse, in today's Huntsville Times bama OC Dave Rader says Shula is the best play caller he has ever been around. I sure as heck wouldn't want any of the others he's been around. I sure hope Rader and Shula are at bama a long time :big:

I heard that and I almost had to pull over so i wouldnt wreck!

No, I do believe we are all STILL WAITING................................... :poke::poke::poke:

BG knows the thumb is coming. :poke:

Archived