uat WORST offense in SEC

TigerOne

good stuff here

By PAUL GATTIS

Times Sports Staff paul.gattis@htimes.com

Alabama can get to opponent's 20, but then bogs down

TUSCALOOSA - Over the past year, Alabama has the worst offense in the Southeastern Conference.

Since its landmark 31-3 win over Florida on Oct. 1, 2005, the Crimson Tide has scored fewer touchdowns in league games than any other SEC team. That's based on a statistical review of the last eight SEC games for all 12 league teams.

Alabama has scored just eight offensive touchdowns since that Florida win.

Meanwhile, Auburn, Florida and Vanderbilt have each scored more than three times as many offensive touchdowns as Alabama over the same span.

And 75 percent of the teams in the SEC have scored at least twice as many touchdowns as Alabama over that span.

It's a chilling revelation for an offense that has mysteriously failed to produce touchdowns for a calendar year and in what amounts to an entire SEC schedule.

SEC teams play eight league games each season.

The numbers further condemn a punchless offense when studied in depth.

In three of its last eight games, Alabama has failed to score an offensive touchdown. In three others, it has scored just one offensive touchdown. Remarkably, and in a tip of the hat to the Tide defense, Alabama is 4-2 in those games.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/huntsvil....xml&coll=1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same thing as last year. How many games did they win by 3 points last year? Just having a little bit less luck this year I guess.

They still could beat UT. However, I think LSU is going to rip them apart and then we will seal the deal the following week.

How can this be? Just last week we were being told that this Bama team was just like the 1992 squad and Bama was looking at an MNC.

After watching AU play a few games this year...I wouldnt be proactively putting the Iron Bowl in the W column if I were an AU fan.

I agree... beating the #6 team in the nation, manhandling WSU & MSU, and also beating a Spurrier team in Columbia on a Thursday night is definitely proof of what your speaking of. :rolleyes:

One could counter that and say after watching UA play a few games this year, I wouldn't be suprised if the only other SEC win they encounter is Ole Miss &/or MSU.

After watching AU play a few games this year...I wouldnt be proactively putting the Iron Bowl in the W column if I were an AU fan.

one game at a time, uat better worry about Duke.

Hey, BamaGrad, still going to "eat your hat" if uat loses 5?

:lol::roflol::lol::poke:

VERY "offensive" offense. :)

Over that stretch of 8 games 5 of those include:

Auburn

Tennessee

Arkansas

LSU

and Florida

And the other three were:

Ole Miss

Miss. St.

and Vandy

Your point?

Point? What point could a fan of west vance possibly have?

Oh, nevermind.

Great thread... considering that we're 4th in the league in total offense and average 14 more ypg than you guys.

Our offense is no juggernaut, and our redzone #'s are killing us, but to call us the "worst offense in the SEC" is bullcrap. You gotta love the title too... And it's true the stats don't lie.

http://secsports.com/new/sports/fbc/06stats/confldrs.htm

Oh, nevermind.

I think his point is, he's gonna have to start looking for some condiments to make that hat a little easier to take down.

Duke's gonna come and spank UA's ###. Better get out the BUTTPASTE, cause I don't think Duke bring any lube. BOHICA!

You a betting man? If so, put up an offer and you'll have a taker.

Oh, nevermind.

This is the only one I have ever seen most of them have.......

386410aBusinessman-Sitting-in-Corne.jpg

You got to be kidding me BG. Any bet that you would like to make on this years Iron Bowl - i'll take it. Avatars, signature or even screen name. You name it.

You got to be kidding me BG. Any bet that you would like to make on this years Iron Bowl - i'll take it. Avatars, signature or even screen name. You name it.

The gauntlet has been thrown down!

Hey, BamaGrad, still going to "eat your hat" if uat loses 5?

:lol::roflol::lol::poke:

VERY "offensive" offense. :)

Tim thats not being fair....the rest of the team is pretty "offensive" too...

I don't expect Duke to beat UAT, although for one day or at least 4 hours anyway, I'll be a duke fan.... However, I do expect Duke to score on UAT. This is something Duke hasn't done in three games....score. They will score vs. UAT.... Not sure if UAT can score a TD against them though...LOL...

Hopefully for Tiffin those new goal posts have been installed in TUBERVILLE-Denny stadium....

i expect the tide to roll this week. duke is absolutely abysmal. worse than abysmal. what's worse than abysmal? uberabysmal. i'm not sure who would win between duke and temple. that's it. they are temple-bad.

i'm surprised, however, to see some tide fans on here defending their offense. i think their performance speaks for itself. they have trouble scoring against SEC defenses. i think you can point to the loss of protho as the turning point. he was so talented and offered such a threat, that without him, the tide becomes a ripple.

Come on now Auburn fans I stand up for you a lot around Tuscaloosa but right now you're being stupid by saying that the Iron Bowl is an automatic Win. I can't remember how many times I've heard the saying "throw the records out the door because this is the Iron Bowl" and the saying is correct, Bama has a chance but coaching may be the end of that chance.

Come on now Auburn fans I stand up for you a lot around Tuscaloosa but right now you're being stupid by saying that the Iron Bowl is an automatic Win. I can't remember how many times I've heard the saying "throw the records out the door because this is the Iron Bowl" and the saying is correct, Bama has a chance but coaching may be the end of that chance.

That is funny! Anything can happen in that game and everyone here knows it.....Just like dumping sand down some people's panties.

It's no way an automatic, if anything the past teaches us that uat has very good chance of winning,

even if they do have the worst offense in the conference. One day it will click and come together, what year that will be no one knows.

Remember the old saying..."stats are for...Oh...nevermind.

Archived