Brad Lester in the mix

TigerOne

Irons never relinquished the No. 1 spot, going on to lead the Southeastern Conference in rushing last season and again so far this year entering Saturday's rematch with the Razorbacks.

Only a sophomore, Lester resigned himself quickly to the role of understudy for another season.

"Kenny's a good back and everybody knows that," he said. "Any time you get hurt and he takes over that position, he's pretty much going to hold onto it."

Lester has been an effective backup. Irons has three times as many carries, but Lester has six touchdowns -- five rushing and one receiving -- to his three.

The pecking order is unquestioned, though. Lester didn't get a carry in last week's game at South Carolina.

He admits he has been looking forward to getting another shot at Arkansas, and coaches have told him to expect some rushes.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/foot...egefb-headlines

I would imagine KI is pretty banged up too. He ran hard in the Carolina game and took some good shots. If Lester is chomping at the bit, let him spell Kenny for a series or two and get some carries.

I wish they would throw inlester more. I think it keeps defenses off balance. Seems like every time a d really keys on irons that lester is that much more effective when he comes in.

Couldn't believe he didn't even get a carry against carolina. He is more of a threat to break a long one than kenny and when they are crowding the line all it takes is a gap sometimes.

Archived