Talk radio host Mike Gallagher steps up /saves day

AURaptor

Protesters drop plans to picket Pa. Amish funerals

The Associated Press

HARRISBURG, Pa. - A Kansas church group that routinely pickets military funerals has dropped plans to demonstrate at funerals of five Amish girls fatally shot in an attack on their one-room schoolhouse.

Instead, members of the Westboro Baptist Church issued a statement Wednesday saying a representative will appear on a nationally syndicated radio talk show.

The Web site of show host Mike Gallagher indicated that the group was offered an hour of airtime on Thursday morning in exchange for dropping the planned demonstration.

In preparation for the demonstration, Gov. Ed Rendell said earlier Wednesday that he would ask Amish elders if they want state police protection, and appealed to the Topeka, Kan.-based group to allow the Amish to conduct their funerals in privacy.

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church routinely picket military funerals, saying that American servicemen and women are dying overseas because God is displeased that the United States tolerates homosexuals.

:thumbsup:

Way to go Mike. Trading an hour of your program to the Phelps zealots took a pair of big one's.

I'm really surprised someone hasn't outright gunned down these lunatics already...or taken one of their pickets and rammed it through their chest.

I'm really surprised someone hasn't outright gunned down these lunatics already...or taken one of their pickets and rammed it through their chest.

If someone did, would any jury in the world convict him?

If someone did, would any jury in the world convict him?

If tried in New England or the West Coast? Maybe. Hard to say. But definitely not in the South or Mid-West.

I do not agree with this. This is giving in to terrorism. Instead, he should have paid for a private fire truck to establish a perimeter and hose down anyone who tried to picket. This should be standard at any of these funerals. These idiots should be hosed down everywhere they go. Hard to yell through a big ole head full of water.

Worked for AU after the 1987 UGA game. And it was very chilly that night.

This group is nothing but a cult. I go to an Independent Methodist church, but I am a Christian first and for these guys to call themselves "Baptists" is a joke. I know my Christian brethern that attend Baptist churches are probably ashamed of this church. Any group that would blindly follow a pastor like this, has went into "cult" status as far as I am concerned.

We have had the same pastor for 20 years now, watched his kids grow up from toddler to one becoming a minister and the other is a medical intern working on becoming an orthopedic surgeon. Our church has grown from 15 to almost 300 in attendance each Sunday morning since he has been there. They few remaining long time members, like me, I was 13 when he started there, are close to him. However, as an adult, I have had differences of opinion and have addressed that with him as have others in the church at times. If for some reason our pastor was to lose his mind and start doing stuff like that, I don't think our church, regardless of how long he has been there and how much we love him and his family, would blindly follow him like these idoits are.

Liger, we can find out where they plan to be next and see about putting the little operation you spoke off into action. You being the officer, you have to take the fall for giving the order. I'll take care of the AAR. ;)

Worked for AU after the 1987 UGA game. And it was very chilly that night

Jordan Hare was pretty empty for the '87 AU/UGA game. It was played in Athens. :poke:

I'm sure you meant the '86 game, where we hosed them dogs. On the field, that is, if not on the scoreboard. :)

Worked for AU after the 1987 UGA game. And it was very chilly that night

Jordan Hare was pretty empty for the '87 AU/UGA game. It was played in Athens. :poke:

I'm sure you meant the '86 game, where we hosed them dogs. On the field, that is, if not on the scoreboard. :)

That's right. It was '87 when we had shirts printed up with the "sling'in in the rain" slogan. Once you get old, all the years run together.

Anyway, it would work just as well against those morons.

I've heard these lunatics and their "rationale" for picking military funerals, but why in Starkville* did they plan on picketing at the funerals of 5 little girls?

*nod to woopig

I know my Christian brethern that attend Baptist churches are probably ashamed of this church.

There's no "probably" about it. These idiots are not Baptists.

Liger, we can find out where they plan to be next and see about putting the little operation you spoke off into action. You being the officer, you have to take the fall for giving the order. I'll take care of the AAR. ;)

Hey, I'm just a junior officer....I'll blame it on the senior leadership. B) I've got a TA-312 and some WD-1. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?? :big:

I've heard these lunatics and their "rationale" for picking military funerals, but why in Starkville* did they plan on picketing at the funerals of 5 little girls?

*nod to woopig

Because they are idiots.

There's no "probably" about it. These idiots are not Baptists.

No they are Pharisees.

No they are Pharisees.

The Pharisees have nothing on these guys.

Yeah, I didn't mean to slander the Pharisees. My sincerest apologies to the Pharisees.

Hey, I'm just a junior officer....I'll blame it on the senior leadership. B) I've got a TA-312 and some WD-1. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?? :big:

One order of fried "mountain oysters", of the human kind, coming up! :lol:

Boy I remember having some fun with those during my communications troubleshooting class at Gordon.

Archived