What to expect from Ark?

DKW 86

Basically we are #2 in the Nation and have a huge

bullseye.gif

on our backs.

We are going to get everybodies' A-Game all year. I really see us getting it from Ark.

For :arky:

1) :arky: had two weeks to prepare for us.

2) We will see some rollouts by MM. We did so poorly covering the roll outs against Newton last week. We will see it all season I bet.

3) We will see some option as :arky: attacks the corners with McFadden. He will likley be at top form all year just in time for us.

4) We should see some real playtime with the HUNH Offense that got Malzahn his reputation. I just dont see it for all of the game. CHN wants to ball control it. Malzahn wants to HUNH it. That is where the :arky: O gets schizophrenic.

5) We will see a few (2-3) gadget plays for sure from Malzahn. Likely HB passes, to keep the onus off MM.

6) They will attack our middle of the field D for sure.

7) On D, they will stuff the line and force us to throw.

For :au:

1) Look for us to stay on the ground and A.) Keep the ball away from MM and McFadden, B.) Try and wear their D out for the late game.

2) CTT will use some trick stuff with CHN. This game has a small history of trick plays. Look for it.

3) GET IN MM's Head!!!!! Blitz from everywhere and :au: fans keep giving them trouble. Giving him trouble means they rely more on the Running game, that keeps the score close at halftime and that means we SHOULD win.

Keys:

The question of the day for the ARK coaches: How does the O start? HUNH? Ball control running game? Drop back and beat us with the pass? ARK needs to get ahead early and stay there. They need O success right off the bat so thay can take the crowd ot of it early and settle MM down on his first real SEC Road start. So, do you roll the dice and go HUNH? Do you try and punch Auburn in the mouth early and play for the big win? Can you trust a true Fr QB to win the ball game for you? Or do you put the ball in McFaddens hands and try and break in MM slowly. This also keeps the Auburn O off the field as well. I say, they handoff to a healthy McFadden and slowly break in MM. A quick pick on MM could rattle him and open the floodgates in front of a hostile crowd. ARK has a very good future with MM. Dont screw up his head with too much too fast. HUNH can also be effected by crowd noise the easiest. HUNH uses many check-offs and hand signals. While MM likely knows all this, his teammmates are just now learning it. Does the ARK O Braintrust think they are ready to trust the HUNH O yet in front of a road crowd? I dont think so. I bet when they do premeire it, it will be in the homey confines of RRBS.

Where is the scoreboard at halftime? If :arky: is up, they will be looking to open it up even more in the second half. That means another long afternoon for us. If they are tied or trailing, I think we have the game. In a tight game, CHN hasnt shown me the balls to let Malzahn keep the O open and scoring. He will revert back to form and force Malzahn to call a conservative game. That means we win.

Look for a very aggressive D call from CWM. We will try to get in MM's face and the crowd keeps him off kilter all day. If this happens, we could be an INT or a fumbled snap away from opening the floodgates. This is MM's first real SEC road start. In LSU's JR's first real road game, we beat them 31-7 in the rain...Just FYI.

For the hogs offense

I don't expect to see them throwing the ball a whole lot. I sure hope Wilhite is going to be back at the CB. I foresee the hogs trying to run wild with McFadden on Jones.

For the AU defense

I think after last week, CWM is about to open the D up. If Wilhite is back, look for more straight up man on the corners and blitzes from the safeties and LBs, maybe, trying to really turn the heat up on MM. May see more run blitzing than anything.

For the AU offense

I think we continue to open up the Borges playbook and sling it all over with different formations. The arky D is not that good, but expect to see them going all out to stop the running attack, of course. I think they will blitz on passing downs a lot!!! Tommy Trott is going to continue to get the ball a lot more. I hope to see some more down the field passing, which may be determined by how well Cox is. With the added days b/t the Thursday night game last week he should be good to go!! Should not have trouble scoring.

For the hog defense

Blitz and hope for the best???

I don't expect the Hogs to run the HUNH nor do I expect any trick plays. (We'll save the trick plays for the games we can win.)

We will throw some dink passes but mostly run the ball and try to keep the chains moving to keep our thin defense off the field.

However we will go downfield a few times, and unlike last year we now have a QB that can complete those passes.

Tubberville is a lot smarter than Shula. You'll run about a million screens for big yards.

Ball control from the piggies will be the theme from the day. If :au: ends up with 6 posessions like the :usc: game then we will have to score on 4-5 out of the six to win it. When MM passes it will be swings to McFadden, quick slants, curls, etc. Basically the easy throws trying not to put pressure on him. If we can keep :arky: in 3rd and medium to long game over for, :au: wins. If not, it'll be a long day for AU, we win but it's allot closer and the national media have a field day with AU not blowing out the lesser team at home <_<

I expect CAB to finally let the air out a little bit. Everyone in the country is expecting it to Irons vs. McFadden, rushing battle slug-fest. This sets up perfectly for CAB to let BC pass more catching the piggies off guard, I wouldn't be surprised to see BC pass for 275 and 3 TD's.

:au: - 31

:arky: - 17

WDE!

Until I see another Wash St. type game I will still think Auburn is in a "SHELL".I expect another nail biting type game with the Vaughn win in a two field goal lead.

Some where around... :au: 26

:arky: 20

34-13 :au:

Remember this is the same team that SC rolled (2 years in row, 130-31 :no: ) 50-14. They also squeaked by Vandy and they played down to beat the Bummers...

i expect them to try and run the ball all day. they said as much this week. "no one has lined up and tried to push them. we're going to do that." i have a hard time believing that the players are smart enough (or dedicated enough) to try to play mind games through the media so i take that as a little insight on at least what the players expect to do this week.

i think our offense is gonna open up a little this week. borges was defending the receivers, he's saying brandon's completely healthy... he's saying he wants to prove we can score without saying it out loud. we're going to try to put points on the board.

all in all, i expect a hard hitting, defensive game. i think our defense shows up big.

oh and dkw, false call on the jamarcus russell thing (i assume that was the "LSU's JR" reference). we beat them 31-7 in 2002. he wasn't even on the team that year. his redshirt freshman year was 2003. the qb we pounded was randall; the guy who replaced matt mauck after the national title year.

actually, we have a pretty up and down record against big time freshman qbs: 2003 matt leinart beats us bad, 2004 ainge and shaeffer get dominated, 2000 rex grossman throws up and down the field on us, 2004 russell plays most of the game (can't remember if he started) losing a classic... point is our record against these future stars has been a pretty good reflection of how good the teams actually were. i take that as a sign that we don't really do a great job of taking advantage of a young signal caller; we just play it like any other game. if we're a better team, we win.

I think many of you are giving Arkansas too much credit. I know the history between AU and Arkansas, but who cares because it won't repeat itself this year. Auburn is right in the thick of a national championship chase and our guys know it. The coaches will not allow a screw up. Auburn takes this one pretty easily.

A kid on MTV Two-a-Days made a great statement that Auburn players need to take in and use for themselves: If we get beat, it better be by a team that on our best night there was nothing we could do to beat them. No letdowns.

I think they will try us in between the tackles. The speed-gap between our D and their blockers is VERY large. Therefore, they'll try power instead of finesse.

Look for the Hog D to stack the line and for Brandon Cox to work the ball around all game and lead AU to a 20+ point win.

This game will start off close (0-0 when at the opening kickoff) and quickly spiral out of control for my beloved hogs and their retarded head coach. This will be an :moon: whipping of epic proportions by the end of the game, as TT will want to impress the pollsters....and will.

i expect them to try and run the ball all day. they said as much this week. "no one has lined up and tried to push them. we're going to do that." i have a hard time believing that the players are smart enough (or dedicated enough) to try to play mind games through the media so i take that as a little insight on at least what the players expect to do this week.

i think our offense is gonna open up a little this week. borges was defending the receivers, he's saying brandon's completely healthy... he's saying he wants to prove we can score without saying it out loud. we're going to try to put points on the board.

all in all, i expect a hard hitting, defensive game. i think our defense shows up big.

oh and dkw, false call on the jamarcus russell thing (i assume that was the "LSU's JR" reference). we beat them 31-7 in 2002. he wasn't even on the team that year. his redshirt freshman year was 2003. the qb we pounded was randall; the guy who replaced matt mauck after the national title year.

actually, we have a pretty up and down record against big time freshman qbs: 2003 matt leinart beats us bad, 2004 ainge and shaeffer get dominated, 2000 rex grossman throws up and down the field on us, 2004 russell plays most of the game (can't remember if he started) losing a classic... point is our record against these future stars has been a pretty good reflection of how good the teams actually were. i take that as a sign that we don't really do a great job of taking advantage of a young signal caller; we just play it like any other game. if we're a better team, we win.

In 2002, Randall became the starting quarterback at LSU halfway through the season, after regular starter Matt Mauck was lost for the year with a broken foot

I stand corrected...Thanks

Expect to see McFadden between the tackles all day. DM is the kind of big back that could exploit our small front seven. But they will have to abandon the run when they fall behind early...

As I said before, no worries with this one. If we want a national championship bad enough, then we ruthlessly take out inferior teams. Auburn needs to get that killer instinct and the business as usual attitude. The #2 team in the nation should not worry about a team that Bama clearlybeat, but had a bad kicking day and USC destroyed. Arkansas is not a good team. There fans know it and the coaches know it if they are willing to be honest. Auburn is a natioanl championship caliber team this year. Arkansas is an Independance Bowl team. Don't worry, be happy.

As I said before, no worries with this one. If we want a national championship bad enough, then we ruthlessly take out inferior teams. Auburn needs to get that killer instinct and the business as usual attitude. The #2 team in the nation should not worry about a team that Bama clearlybeat, but had a bad kicking day and USC destroyed. Arkansas is not a good team. There fans know it and the coaches know it if they are willing to be honest. Auburn is a natioanl championship caliber team this year. Arkansas is an Independance Bowl team. Don't worry, be happy.

The #2 team shouldn't worry about SC either. You're right about Arkansas. I'm not sold on Auburn as NC yet. We'll find out next week.

I keep hearing that Arkansas will play ball control. That's a white flag move on our part. Just hoping to keep it close. I'm ashamed.

D-Mack is ready. Might Run the ball over 60% of the time. Mustain will throw deep. Hopefully he'll be better.

My Prediction

:arky: -28

:au: -21

Hogs Take Control of the west... :homer:

Looking back on my own comments, I got a few things right. I am shocked at how our D did not put any pressure on ARK all day. When you have a starting FR qb on the road, almost every Coach in America would blitz him to death. Unfortuantely, we almost never did.

Basically we are #2 in the Nation and have a huge

bullseye.gif

on our backs.

We are going to get everybodies' A-Game all year. I really see us getting it from Ark.

For :arky:

1) :arky: had two weeks to prepare for us.

2) We will see some rollouts by MM. We did so poorly covering the roll outs against Newton last week. We will see it all season I bet.

3) We will see some option as :arky: attacks the corners with McFadden. He will likley be at top form all year just in time for us.

4) We should see some real playtime with the HUNH Offense that got Malzahn his reputation. I just dont see it for all of the game. CHN wants to ball control it. Malzahn wants to HUNH it. That is where the :arky: O gets schizophrenic.

5) We will see a few (2-3) gadget plays for sure from Malzahn. Likely HB passes, to keep the onus off MM.

6) They will attack our middle of the field D for sure.

7) On D, they will stuff the line and force us to throw.

For :au:

1) Look for us to stay on the ground and A.) Keep the ball away from MM and McFadden, B.) Try and wear their D out for the late game.

2) CTT will use some trick stuff with CHN. This game has a small history of trick plays. Look for it.

3) GET IN MM's Head!!!!! Blitz from everywhere and :au: fans keep giving them trouble. Giving him trouble means they rely more on the Running game, that keeps the score close at halftime and that means we SHOULD win. We did absolutely none of this, almost no blitzing, let him have all day to throw. No pressure.

Keys:

The question of the day for the ARK coaches: How does the O start? HUNH? Ball control running game? Drop back and beat us with the pass? ARK needs to get ahead early and stay there. They need O success right off the bat so thay can take the crowd ot of it early and settle MM down on his first real SEC Road start. So, do you roll the dice and go HUNH? Do you try and punch Auburn in the mouth early and play for the big win? Can you trust a true Fr QB to win the ball game for you? Or do you put the ball in McFaddens hands and try and break in MM slowly. This also keeps the Auburn O off the field as well. I say, they handoff to a healthy McFadden and slowly break in MM. A quick pick on MM could rattle him and open the floodgates in front of a hostile crowd. ARK has a very good future with MM. Dont screw up his head with too much too fast. HUNH can also be effected by crowd noise the easiest. HUNH uses many check-offs and hand signals. While MM likely knows all this, his teammmates are just now learning it. Does the ARK O Braintrust think they are ready to trust the HUNH O yet in front of a road crowd? I dont think so. I bet when they do premeire it, it will be in the homey confines of RRBS.

Where is the scoreboard at halftime? If :arky: is up, they will be looking to open it up even more in the second half. That means another long afternoon for us. If they are tied or trailing, I think we have the game. In a tight game, CHN hasnt shown me the balls to let Malzahn keep the O open and scoring. He will revert back to form and force Malzahn to call a conservative game. That means we win.

Look for a very aggressive D call from CWM. We will try to get in MM's face and the crowd keeps him off kilter all day. If this happens, we could be an INT or a fumbled snap away from opening the floodgates. This is MM's first real SEC road start. We did absolutely none of this, almost no blitzing, let him have all day to throw. Very Bland D calls all day.

Expect to see McFadden between the tackles all day. DM is the kind of big back that could exploit our small front seven. But they will have to abandon the run when they fall behind early...

I got 2/3 of it right... <_<

Glad to see a Razorback Victory. Beat Florida next week, I'm sick of watching Tebow on sportscenter.

Archived