We can still goto Atl

Vakikass

Firstly, our threats on offense are very limited with the starters we currently have. The championship talent is there, but just not on the playing field. The running threat is there, but Courtney cant be the only pass threat we have. Guess and Rod Smith are smart players and play hard, but they are not starting wide recievers. Sure Rod Smith will make a circus catch every once in a while, but he isn't an every down reciever. We need atleast two more playmakers at the wide reciever position, and Dunn and Prechae are two of them. Towards the end of the game when our offense had to put some points on the board, these were the guys that were in the game. And that's b/c they are playmakers, unlike Guess and Rod Smith. Heck, I say we give Hawthorne and Billings a shot. Sure, they may not know the playbook as well, but put them on the field and lets learn as we go (it has been done before).

Second, lets go on ahead and get Sears back in the game on all snaps. Sure, he is going to be rusty, but that will last for about a quarter. And as for Blackmon, either kick him off the team, or play him. If 6 games and a embarassing blowout at home isn't enough, I don't know what is.

I believe everything is very fixable, the coaches need to just take some chances and not be hard headed. The theory behind these two topics is sound, but it's time to adjust. We all know they have the wits to do so.

Also,

-O-line is fine. 75% of sacks are coverage sacks, b/c Courtney is being doubled teamed and Guess and Rod Smith can't get open fast enough.

-Running game, fine. A little tough right now, b/c teams are forcing Cox to win and he has limited talent to throw at.

-Secondary has been doing great. Little bit of a lapse against USC, but Gilbert is out now, so we're good. Mustain only threw 10 passes and completed 7 for less than 100 yards (I think)

-DL is doing good and only getting better. Just need more help at LB (i.e. Sears and Blackmon)

That's my 2 cents and if the proper adjustments are made we will still be playing in Atlanta for the SEC championship.

War Damn Eagle

Archived