Tre Smith

AuburnRugby17

I am not sure if it has been discussed, but can anyone shed some light as to why Tre Smith has seen action this season? I cannot, for the life of me, determine why the coaching staff felt it was necessary this past weekend for them to attempt a halfback pass to Brandon Cox with Tre Smith delivering. We all saw how it ended. Tre Smith did a horrible job of selling it and was tackled for a loss thus ending what appeared to be a very, very strong opening drive. Need more? Look at the South Carolina game. Smith dropped the onside kick which could have ultimately sealed the deal for Auburn. Had the ball not been recovered by an Auburn player (Can't remember who came up with it), SC would have had tremendous field position with all of the momentum on their side. Why use a mediocre back when we have Tristan Davis, Kenny Irons, Ben Tate and Brad Lester? This is just one of the problems I have had with the coaching staff this season.

I am not sure as to why he runs, except that maybe Tuberville is true to his players. Plus he is a good blocker and maybe they put him in to block and a run every so often to thank him for blocking or to throw the defense off.

On the HB pass - I don't blame him as the blocking was horrible. They just tackled him before he could get the pass off. I just hated that they called it so early in the game when we were moving the ball so well.

To me that was the play of the game for us....we had just picked up our 3 first down...Kenny was out of the box and then this ill timed play....with Brandon still nursuing a sore ankle, even if the play went as drawn up it would have been nothing but a short gainer...Arkansas had someone in the area and would have 'hawked' him down....now we're in a 2-22...then 3-22 after the TE bootleg pass wasn't completed for 1 yard...and 3 down Brandon completes a 12 yard pass back to the original line of scrimmage....

just a bad call...

Beat UF

Archived