Did I Just hear rammer jammer

bojack34

Guest Tigrinum Major

What is my opinion? That I distinctly remember the situation from 7 years ago? It is also my opinion that Ronald Reagan was once the President... no, that is a fact. Same deal here.

It is your opinion that he missed the call. Not a fact.

I admit that I don't know every rule in the book. I never said that. And I highly doubt that you've never questioned a call in your lifetime of watching football... It's something that every fan has done and will do again.

You seem to be much more worried about it than Florida fans.

And try to lay off the personal attacks. I don't dish them out against you, and I'd appreciate if you'd do the same. :)

WTF are you talking about, "personal attacks"? When have I attacked you personally. I tell you what, how about I post your name on here and let people make harassing phone calls to you? That would be the same thing that you did to the replay official.

"Personal attacks". What a joke.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't written a biography on him. All I know is that he is the one who completely screwed up the 2000 UGA/GT game in favor of the Yellow Jackets. I didn't know that he was still in football... and apparently the SEC decided he had screwed up too often on the field so they sent him to the booth. And gee golly gosh, he screwed up there too. This one is actually worse to me b/c he had time and multiple angles to get it right. Yet, he went with his heart again and arguably affected the outcome of the ballgame.

Win, you need to go ahead and call Al up and thank him for the UAT win against MTSU in 2001; since he is crooked and all.

I've attended 61 Alabama games in my lifetime and I'm not yet 20 years old.

Watching six seasons worth of ball in person (probably from the nosebleed seats) sure hasn't made you any more knowlegable on the game. When are going to realize you can't make any serious money scalping tickets at UAT? Nobody wants to watch the JV team of the state anymore.

I haven't written a biography on him. All I know is that he is the one who completely screwed up the 2000 UGA/GT game in favor of the Yellow Jackets. I didn't know that he was still in football... and apparently the SEC decided he had screwed up too often on the field so they sent him to the booth. And gee golly gosh, he screwed up there too. This one is actually worse to me b/c he had time and multiple angles to get it right. Yet, he went with his heart again and arguably affected the outcome of the ballgame.

Win, you need to go ahead and call Al up and thank him for the UAT win against MTSU in 2001; since he is crooked and all.

I've attended 61 Alabama games in my lifetime and I'm not yet 20 years old.

Watching six seasons worth of ball in person (probably from the nosebleed seats) sure hasn't made you any more knowlegable on the game. When are going to realize you can't make any serious money scalping tickets at UAT? Nobody wants to watch the JV team of the state anymore.

The MTSU game of 02? Yeah, we got some help in that one. I'm 99% sure it wasn't from Ford

And I don't sit in the nosebleeds. My family's had season tix to Bama games for 15+ years now. In fact, I sat in the new north endzone skyboxes for the Ole Miss game and will be there again for the AU game. Not like I'm trying to be a snob by saying that... just responding to the "probably from the nosebleeds" baseless charge.

*I'm going to take a break from this board for a while. Most of you are great :au: fans that I love talking football with, but I'm going to take a vacation from posting on AUNation for a number of reasons and no one poster in particular. Don't worry though, I'll be back. And the scary thing is, you don't know when I shall return! B)

And gee golly gosh, he screwed up there too. This one is actually worse to me b/c he had time and multiple angles to get it right. Yet, he went with his heart again and arguably affected the outcome of the ballgame.

You guys don't understand the role of replay, do you? Replay is not to "get it right". Replay officials don't make a single call. All they can do, their ONLY responsibility is to review the play to determine if there is conclusive proof that the call on the field is incorrect.

The very fact that people are on this board discussing this call (and others) merely proves that the replay official got it right. There was nothing on video that clearly demonstrated (and by clearly it has to be beyond the shadow of a doubt) that the call on the field should have been reversed. If there is a question -- any question -- the replay officials are bound to defer to the call on the field. They may even THINK that the call was probably wrong, but unless there is concrete proof that the call was wrong, their mandate is to support the call as it was made.

That being the case, they got it 100% right.

Bingo. Pair that with the fact that it's pretty clear that the call on the field was correct and any whining at all seems ridiculous.

Like I said, its getting harder and harder to sell off those UAT season's tickets. Guys I work with can't even givem' away. We completely understand that it is going to be more time consuming trying to hawk "your" season ticket in front of B-D.

BTW..I am pretty sure it was Al. I'll go next door and ask him.

Will you sell me your tickets to the IB win? I have always wanted to sit in the snobby section at BDS.

You have to have an AA card to even get in that gate...sorry.

Like I said, its getting harder and harder to sell off those UAT season's tickets. Guys I work with can't even givem' away. We completely understand that it is going to be more time consuming trying to hawk "your" season ticket in front of B-D.

Thats funny considering we've had a sellout for every game except for duke. Where there were maybe 1000 empty seats.

BDS has been a packed house for every other game this year. Including ULM and Vandy.

Thats funny considering we've had a sellout for every game except for duke. Where there were maybe 1000 empty seats.

BDS has been a packed house for every other game this year. Including ULM and Vandy.

Then why is it so quiet? Listening to the radio, I can hear the snap count.

Thats cause they all know it'll be a great game and come down to the finish... Sorry, I couldn't resist. :poke:

Archived