Did I Just hear rammer jammer

bojack34

Look, I might not very popular for saying this, BUT I would stop with the "Bama sucks" comments. ANY team in the SEC can beat the other any given week. Bama could lose the rest of their games and then come around and beat Auburn back to the plains. Who sucks then?

It's all in fun talking about the thumb and all, but if I have learned anything, don't count those chickens till they hatch. Don't think this is a win. My guess is the Iron Bowl will be the toughest game of the season..and honestly, that's the way it SHOULD be.

Bama got their W. Auburn got their W. A win in the SEC, no matter how you get it is a win just because Auburn gets off the bus.

I would suggest getting back to talking about Auburn football. Let bama do what they are going to do at games....play their songs...honor who ever....blah blah blah.

I for one is interested in talking about the next Auburn game.

This would be the post of the day. Well said.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you serious? Don't you have better things to do? Even if it was a pass, it was a backwards pass and was a live ball. Go watch tapes of the good years for Bama or something.

Might take a while to find one of those.

Are you serious? Don't you have better things to do? Even if it was a pass, it was a backwards pass and was a live ball. Go watch tapes of the good years for Bama or something.

They didn't HAVE tapes back then. Those memories are scratched onto rock walls.

If I had to single out one play that cost UF the game, it would've been the simple punt snap that was dropped, that turned into an AU touchdown.

Yes, yes... Let me spell it out for you so you can vote properly:

P-o-n-t-i-a-c G-a-m-e C-h-a-n-g-i-n-g P-e-r-f-o-r-m-a-n-c-e.

Thanks for defining it.

They didn't HAVE tapes back then. Those memories are scratched onto rock walls.

I did find one of the last great games for "Fights with Bear", here is the the UAT Public Relations fellow generating the "press release":

54-1l.jpg

you have to go to overtime to beat :om: and you do the rammer jammer :blink: . I guess in tuscalooser they are just happy to beat anybody.

They did ripoff the cheer from Ole Miss in the first place... :puke:

they did NOT! you take it back! the BEAR wrote that cheer one game after beating ole miss 3-0! look it up! i know so because richard todd told me so.

I think ya'll need to worry more about stopping the run today...aka Tebow and Harvin

Okay. Mission accomplished. What next? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Man that fight was an embarassment to college football. What a bunch of thugs.

There was a fight in west vance? I missed it! B)

bama won, they celebrated, we don't like their cheer...WHO FREAKIN CARES! How many times must we rehash this rammer jammer bs, its a dumb cheer we get it, move on.

bama won, they celebrated, we don't like their cheer...WHO FREAKIN CARES! How many times must we rehash this rammer jammer bs, its a dumb cheer we get it, move on.

totally agree.

time to move on.

auwallace has spoken.

WHO FREAKIN CARES!

obviously you have feelings about it...

auwallace has spoken.

WHO FREAKIN CARES!

i guess i'm just as angry about people who care about it as the people who care about it are angry about it, if that makes any sense, it probably doesn't......oh well

auwallace has spoken.

WHO FREAKIN CARES!

i guess i'm just as angry about people who care about it as the people who care about it are angry about it, if that makes any sense, it probably doesn't......oh well

*&$#%^*&^#%$ did those students throw the ball out of the stadium????

"Wow"- what every other person in America said last night when the Gators' were essentially beaten by the drunken replay crew. They now become club members with LSU. . .

The same fella that screwed UF yesterday is the same one who screwed up the 2000 UGA/Tech game. ... an insurance salesman, HORRIBLE ref, and an AU homer all in one.

You are quickly wearing out your welcome around here.

I can see why every board besides hogville has banned you.

Really? All I do is call it like I see it and don't attack any of you personally. If that is "wearing out your welcome", then I'm sorry.

I'll be the first to point out flaws in my team on here and the first to point out flaws in AU. Don't take everything so personally.

And as far as "every board"... please elaborate. I have been banned from 1 board. Again, 1. That "every board" comment is simply untrue.

Guest Tigrinum Major

My hyperbole knows no bounds.

You did worse than attack me personally. You posted the personal info of a person who was contracted to do a job and he did it. You opened him up to harassing phone calls and who knows what.

Next time you want to comment on officials, take the test and strap on the stripes for a Saturday park league game. You wouldn't last a quarter, I'd wager.

My hyperbole knows no bounds.

You did worse than attack me personally. You posted the personal info of a person who was contracted to do a job and he did it. You opened him up to harassing phone calls and who knows what.

Next time you want to comment on officials, take the test and strap on the stripes for a Saturday park league game. You wouldn't last a quarter, I'd wager.

Harrassing phone calls? Don't even go there. Phone calls from angry UGA fans that were supposed to go to him went to someone else that has a similar phone number. That's been taken care of. There is no possible way to reach through Mr. Bell's wonderful invention.

They are the luckiest *^**%$# 's I have ever seen. Ole Miss played their h earts out AND Shula made some DUMB calls and they STILL won..............ahhhhhhhhhhh! :puke: Wait, wait, I hear the Vols and Bayou tigers coming.........................yeah! :au::cheer:

Thats the thing. You AU fans dont see the two WIDE ASS OPEN touchdowns that we dont execute on and cal Ole Miss lucky. Ole miss has to get a fake punt and a bomb (perfect pass) on a play where they DE got held to even stay in the game.

Bama had dropped pass after dropped pass, shula calls a great game...and we are "lucky". Whatever.

Here's a hint, BG. Anytime we win, it's luck. Now yesterday's UF game... where the replay official blew the game (and who's son is an AU grad)... that's sheer skill.

Well, you get my drift.

Wow.

"Wow"- what every other person in America said last night when the Gators' were essentially beaten by the drunken replay crew. They now become club members with LSU. . .

The same fella that screwed UF yesterday is the same one who screwed up the 2000 UGA/Tech game. ... an insurance salesman, HORRIBLE ref, and an AU homer all in one.

He has spent more time on the **** can inside Bryant Denny then you have spent in your entire life watching UAT football on TV.

Guest Tigrinum Major

How do you know all that? Been making harrassing phone calls to reply officials, win?

Only a loser would do that. And I am not talking about a loser in regards to a football game.

I don't know why even bother replying, but Mr.Win, in your infinite knowledge of Mr.Ford; could you please inform us of the last ball game Mr. Ford served as referee and the outcome of that ballgame (outcome largely decided by a fumble call)?

They are the luckiest *^**%$# 's I have ever seen. Ole Miss played their h earts out AND Shula made some DUMB calls and they STILL won..............ahhhhhhhhhhh! :puke: Wait, wait, I hear the Vols and Bayou tigers coming.........................yeah! :au::cheer:

Thats the thing. You AU fans dont see the two WIDE ASS OPEN touchdowns that we dont execute on and cal Ole Miss lucky. Ole miss has to get a fake punt and a bomb (perfect pass) on a play where they DE got held to even stay in the game.

Bama had dropped pass after dropped pass, shula calls a great game...and we are "lucky". Whatever.

Here's a hint, BG. Anytime we win, it's luck. Now yesterday's UF game... where the replay official blew the game (and who's son is an AU grad)... that's sheer skill.

Well, you get my drift.

Wow.

He has spent more time on the **** can inside Bryant Denny then you have spent in your entire life watching UAT football on TV.

Inside BDS? I've attended 61 Alabama games in my lifetime and I'm not yet 20 years old. However, the "on TV" dig was clever. It's a completely inaccurate assumption to lump me in with the fans that don't go to the games or attend the school... Clever, but wrong.

How do you know all that? Been making harrassing phone calls to reply officials, win?

Only a loser would do that. And I am not talking about a loser in regards to a football game.

How do I know all this? Well, just know that I know. Oh, I just checked and it is possible for you guys to call the dude up and thank him. Just throwin' that out there... if any of you are interested. ;)

I don't know why even bother replying, but Mr.Win, in your infinite knowledge of Mr.Ford; could you please inform us of the last ball game Mr. Ford served as referee and the outcome of that ballgame (outcome largely decided by a fumble call)?

I haven't written a biography on him. All I know is that he is the one who completely screwed up the 2000 UGA/GT game in favor of the Yellow Jackets. I didn't know that he was still in football... and apparently the SEC decided he had screwed up too often on the field so they sent him to the booth. And gee golly gosh, he screwed up there too. This one is actually worse to me b/c he had time and multiple angles to get it right. Yet, he went with his heart again and arguably affected the outcome of the ballgame.

Anyway, this is all down at the Gulf of Mexico by now. AU won, UF lost, and everybody will suit up again this Saturday.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I haven't written a biography on him. All I know think is that he is the one who completely screwed up the 2000 UGA/GT game in favor of the Yellow Jackets. I didn't know that he was still in football... and apparently the SEC decided he had screwed up too oftenearned his stripes on the field so they sent him to the booth. And gee golly gosh, he screwed is doing a good job up there too. This one is actually worse to me b/c he had time and multiple angles to get it right I am a homer that is desperately trying to fit in with you guys. Yet, he went with his heart the rules again and arguably affected the outcome of the ballgame made the right call. Besides, the fact that the blocked punt was a bigger play than this should be taken into account.

Fixed that for you.

Congrats, you are basically questioning teh integrity of a professional.

You amaze me. Can we get you transferred back to Tide-Talk or is it dead these days?

I haven't written a biography on him. All I know think is that he is the one who completely screwed up the 2000 UGA/GT game in favor of the Yellow Jackets. I didn't know that he was still in football... and apparently the SEC decided he had screwed up too oftenearned his stripes on the field so they sent him to the booth. And gee golly gosh, he screwed is doing a good job up there too. This one is actually worse to me b/c he had time and multiple angles to get it right. Yet, he went with his heart again and arguably affected the outcome of the ballgame.

Fixed that for you.

Congrats, you are basically questioning teh integrity of a professional.

You amaze me. Can we get you transferred back to Tide-Talk or is it dead these days?

You didn't fix it, you made it wrong. Ford was the one who blew the call in the endzone of the 1999 UGA/GT game and that is a fact. What was incorrect in my post was the year. It was 1999 and GT "won" 51-48.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Your opinion, nothing more. Just for the record, I hold your opinion in very low regard.

You're not a football official, you assume you know the rules and you form opinions on calls and plays.

Just a bunch of hot air.

Your opinion, nothing more. Just for the record, I hold your opinion in very low regard.

You're not a football official, you assume you know the rules and you form opinions on calls and plays.

Just a bunch of hot air.

What is my opinion? That I distinctly remember the situation from 7 years ago? It is also my opinion that Ronald Reagan was once the President... no, that is a fact. Same deal here.

I admit that I don't know every rule in the book. I never said that. And I highly doubt that you've never questioned a call in your lifetime of watching football... It's something that every fan has done and will do again.

And try to lay off the personal attacks. I don't dish them out against you, and I'd appreciate if you'd do the same. :)

And gee golly gosh, he screwed up there too. This one is actually worse to me b/c he had time and multiple angles to get it right. Yet, he went with his heart again and arguably affected the outcome of the ballgame.

You guys don't understand the role of replay, do you? Replay is not to "get it right". Replay officials don't make a single call. All they can do, their ONLY responsibility is to review the play to determine if there is conclusive proof that the call on the field is incorrect.

The very fact that people are on this board discussing this call (and others) merely proves that the replay official got it right. There was nothing on video that clearly demonstrated (and by clearly it has to be beyond the shadow of a doubt) that the call on the field should have been reversed. If there is a question -- any question -- the replay officials are bound to defer to the call on the field. They may even THINK that the call was probably wrong, but unless there is concrete proof that the call was wrong, their mandate is to support the call as it was made.

That being the case, they got it 100% right.

Archived