Chris Fowler

aunavy

<_< Did anyone beside me hear Fowler state in the game wrap up that "The Replay Reviews in this stadium are awful" and words to the effect that something had to be done? I couldn't believe he would use that platform to imply the calls were somehow tainted. Was this just another ESPN dig at Auburn? We didn't make the call on the field or in the replay booth and I believe we lost all the replay reviews last week against Arkansas.

Somebody, tell me if I'm paranoid or just wrong!

<_< Did anyone beside me hear Fowler state in the game wrap up that "The Replay Reviews in this stadium are awful" and words to the effect that something had to be done? I couldn't believe he would use that platform to imply the calls were somehow tainted. Was this just another ESPN dig at Auburn? We didn't make the call on the field or in the replay booth and I believe we lost all the replay reviews last week against Arkansas.

I thought it was Corso who did that.

Idiots.

Clarification, please: What specifically did Fowler/Corso say was "awful?" Was he talking about the process/facilities provided for the review official(s) were faulty? That the officiating crew did a poor job (which obviously isn't :au: 's fault)? That the officials were favoring :au: ?

The comment is uncalled for, definitely. However, if he's referring to our replays on the jumbotron, he's right on. You can rarely tell what happened on a close play, plus they sometimes will not replay anything controversial at all. That's probably policy so as not to get the fans riled up and hear about 60,000 chant "Bull#$@!" in unison.

He has to be referring to that because I'm sure he has access to all the ESPN replays and JH has nothing to do with that. But you just don't bust on a team's facilities.

The comment is uncalled for, definitely. However, if he's referring to our replays on the jumbotron, he's right on. You can rarely tell what happened on a close play, plus they sometimes will not replay anything controversial at all. That's probably policy so as not to get the fans riled up and hear about 60,000 chant "Bull#$@!" in unison.

He has to be referring to that because I'm sure he has access to all the ESPN replays and JH has nothing to do with that. But you just don't bust on a team's facilities.

Sorry I should have been more in depth. He was NOT refering to the size or clarity of our television screen. He is refering to the replay official and the fumble by Leak not being ruled and incompletion. Anyway you cut it he is a D.A.

The official reviewing the plays has access to the same television angles so he was able to see the same views as the replay official.

"The replay system here is a sham" are his EXACT words.

Lee Corso is a sham.

Lou Holtz does not even deserve the expense of energy that it takes to call him a sham.

ESPN is a sham.

Internet dudes that cry about a call that could have gone either way and really did not affect the outcome of the game are a sham.

GameDay in Auburn with no AU fans there is a sham.

I did hear Fowler comment "there's the band - about an hour late" or something like that. Obviously they were expecting a lot of music - and screaming fans. They just had to wait until that evening for those effects! Corso is an idiot. I am SOOOO glad he picked Florida!

*sigh*

He's referring to the two "stolen" wins over LSU and Florida. Insinuating that replay officials are turning a blind eye and favoring Auburn.

here is your explanation. ESPN was looking for an SEC team to plug. We lost to arkansas, pleasing them very much. Florida was going to be their sec darling since they hate us (we never win according to them, other teams lose or the refs cheat) We BEAT Florida, they have sour grapes, end of story.

Too bad those same officials didn't turn a "blind eye" TWO weeks ago!

You know, we could probably make a case for it. There was holding on two TD runs. Blatant holding. Wasn't called. Somebody was harassing Courtney on the pass he misjudged. Should have been flagged for flagrant harassment. Clear offensive pass interference on their TD pass. You add all that up and it's pretty evident that game was STOLEN by the refs.

I can't remember any of those clowns saying something positive about :au: . Instead of talking about the great defensive effort in the second half (<100 total yards for :uf: ) they chose to show their ignorance. If they had any relevance it might actually matter.

WDE!

Too bad those same officials didn't turn a "blind eye" TWO weeks ago!

You know, we could probably make a case for it. There was holding on two TD runs. Blatant holding. Wasn't called. Somebody was harassing Courtney on the pass he misjudged. Should have been flagged for flagrant harassment. Clear offensive pass interference on their TD pass. You add all that up and it's pretty evident that game was STOLEN by the refs.

I agree. I think they should make that ref wear a skirt for his next assignment because I'm not sure he's man enough to throw a flag. He wouldn't throw the flag on the holding in the end zone and hte umpire had to throw the flag even though it happened right in front of him. I knew it was bad when my dad got mad on the first down of florida's last drive, because my dad is always so passive about refs. I'm not sure how they missed Groves or Gunn getting held by a player out in space trying to get pressure on Leak. He still knocked the ball away, but it was a bad missed call.

I've said this before, but people call us lucky, but our players make plays to have controversial calls. Luck is about creating opportunity. People criticize Cox, but he protects the ball.

here is your explanation. ESPN was looking for an SEC team to plug. We lost to arkansas, pleasing them very much. Florida was going to be their sec darling since they hate us (we never win according to them, other teams lose or the refs cheat) We BEAT Florida, they have sour grapes, end of story.

Bravo Bravo - Well Said! :clap::clap::clap:

You are EXACTLY RIGHT. :thumbsup:

You're not paranoid or wrong. It was stated, but stated by Corso. I have sent an email out to all the powers that be (probably won't do anything), as should everyone on this board. May be he could do something about it. Personally, I don't have a problem with someone saying something is wrong with replay in general. We don't hire the officials - the SEC does! Another reason to hate ESPN!

I did see the inept crowd at gameday and didn't think twice about it because most of AU hates ESPN and it showed. Maybe they should have realized that well we are mad at them (ESPN) DUH! I was just thinking I wish 1 person with a long pole (oops they would have stolen it) went out with a gameday sign that read:

ESPN doesn't control us we will be out once we eat breakfast, get a little hair of the dog, and stike up the damn BAND. See ya when we See ya.

God I am sick of all of our wins being credited to the officials. If people will remember, on that SAME drive... David Irons missed a wideopen interception.. Sure, he has to make the catch.. but if that break wasn't big enough for them, then I don't know what is. In all honesty, no bias... I really think that Leak didn't attempt to throw.. and I saw on one of the first angles they showed, that Blackmon knocked the ball out of his hand. A quarterback can't throw the ball if its below his chest. If so, like Tuberville said.. Wouldn't it be grounding? So that is a loss of a down and however many yards. Florida wouldn't have been guaranteed a FG with their kicker.

"I've said this before, but people call us lucky..."

WHAT?!? Who is saying THAT? I don't live in Alabama anymore so I can only guess you've run into the same Bammers that are still whining about how "lucky" the Irish were in their 4 wins over Bahr. Anybody w/ the SLIGHTEST knowledge of AU football knows we have more than our share of crap that cost us games, league championships and national championships.

Don't believe it? How many Div. 1 teams have 8 seasons w/ out a loss and a share of 1...ONE...national championship to show for it? yeah, 2004 was REAL lucky.

I did hear Fowler comment "there's the band - about an hour late" or something like that. Obviously they were expecting a lot of music - and screaming fans. They just had to wait until that evening for those effects! Corso is an idiot. I am SOOOO glad he picked Florida!

Yeah, I heard him say that too! I wanted to run down there and tell him, hey they had to rehearse, their day doesn't revolve around idiots in a sports casting booth!!! I think it was funny that it wasn't that wild there, they deserve it for not coming here as much as they do Ohio State and USC!!!

Archived