David Marsh IS Leaving

aulax1

My question is, who is next? When will he shoot for Tuberville? Or is he that stupid? Now, that's something I'd like to see! I have a hunch Jacobs might have bit off more than he could chew there.

The other question to that is, when is somebody going to take down the guy that pulls Jacob's strings? You know, the guy whose mane begins with "Low" and ends with "der".

David has been pushing for the outdoor facilties for several years. I can also tell you that the project is 100% go! My office has already looked over the plans (concerning storm drain and other environmental issues), and my understanding is that the new outdoor facility will begin construction phase after football season.

I can't speak against Jay (close friend of the family), but there's going to be distrust at Auburn as long as Bobby Lowder and his gang continue to sit on the BOT. Too much history.

and who says Marsh won't be back? Good chance he will.

Something new may do him good, he has done all he can at Auburn for the time being

and we appreciate it. Good luck Coach and congratulations!!

War Eagle!

You may be right, tiger one. I hope he can help make Team USA unstoppable if you ask me! I would rather he stay here, but that's a huge task he has at hand.

and who says Marsh won't be back? Good chance he will.

Something new may do him good, he has done all he can at Auburn for the time being

and we appreciate it. Good luck Coach and congratulations!!

War Eagle!

What he said!

Good Luck Coach Marsh!

Go for the Gold!

Brothers and Sisters, that is the biggest CYA job you will ever witness. Jacobs blew this bigger than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

I cant go into the details here but Jacobs ia a first class jerk. I fought him getting hired when they were doing the bogus "search." They had 2-3 really good candidates and of course picked Jacobs. Of course the best reason to hire him was that he is best friends with Earlon McWhorter's son in law.

I better quit now before I say too much, but remember this day as the day Jacobs RAN OFF the best coach in Auburn history.

David, with all due respect I have to violently disagree with you on this one. I'm not a Jacobs homer but I can tell you that he didn't run Marsh off. It was Marsh's decision. He has now won more NCs than any other coach in history in the state of Alabama and was just ready for a new challenge. I too will leave it at that.

I have to add that I thought is was WEN policy not to bash Auburn people in an open forum no mater what. :(

Of course it was marsh's decision to leave. We would look pretty bad if we publicly ran off a 4 time or whatever he is now consecutive nc coach.

Proud, how do you know jacobs didn't run him off?

Btw, you pulled that no bashing AU people right out of your butt, ;) .

Sorry Proud. I have it from just about everyone I know at Auburn that this is nothing more than a personality conflict between Jacobs and Marsh.

They have been fight ing this one for several years. Every premium board and every contract I have in Auburn says almost exactly what I have said here.

PT, just like DKW, I have heard too much from sources down on The Plains that JJ is the problem. The job Marsh is going to take is not something new he has just been offered. Like I said, he has been turning down that job for the last three years. That is not secret. Put aside the info I have heard and ask yourself, why did Marsh all of sudden decide to take a job he has been turning down for three years?

The whole thing is being spinned as something mutual, because Marsh wants it that way. He loves the program he built and he does not want some sort of publicized controversy to negatively impact the program.

In the meantine, JJ is on his cell phone with Lowder asking what he needs to do next.

For those of you new to the board this is where Proud tiger will come in and defend bobby lowder til the death with the old "you don't have any concrete proof that lowder does any of this stuff" argument. Just because he spends his life walking in a dense cloud of smoke means nothing."

Sorry Proud. I have it from just about everyone I know at Auburn that this is nothing more than a personality conflict between Jacobs and Marsh.

They have been fight ing this one for several years. Every premium board and every contract I have in Auburn says almost exactly what I have said here.

I guess we will just agree to disagree. You have your sources, I have mine. I'll stand by mine.

For those of you new to the board this is where Proud tiger will come in and defend bobby lowder til the death with the old "you don't have any concrete proof that lowder does any of this stuff" argument. Just because he spends his life walking in a dense cloud of smoke means nothing."

It's too bad you stoop so low as to make personal snide remarks about a fellow Auburn fan and WEN member who happens to have a difference of opinion about some things.

Of course it was marsh's decision to leave. We would look pretty bad if we publicly ran off a 4 time or whatever he is now consecutive nc coach.

I don't think I have to give you any explanation but let me just say that I have known David for sometime. I have helped him in recruiting some kids. I'll leave it at that.

Having said that much, let me reverse your question.......how do you KNOW Jacobs did run him off other than hearsay?

We're losing the Coach John Wooden of the swimming world.

I hate to see him go. If it's time for him to move on, so be it. I'm just glad he's not taking another head coaching job at the University level.

Thanks Coach Marsh...WDE!

It's too bad you stoop so low as to make personal snide remarks about a fellow Auburn fan and WEN member who happens to have a difference of opinion about some things.

Proud knows where I stand and I know where he stands. We can agree to disagree and still be fast friends. I dont see what was said about Proud and Lowder here at all. I have said many times, if I had the Money I would be Bobby Lowderlike in my gifts to the University. Face it, the guy ponies up the huge bucks. The universaity needs huge bucks. Until I can compete with Lowder's money, I must realize the real score here.

Yeah, Lowder can say "scorboard" with all the money he gives to the university. But, I wonder if he would still be as generous if he was not on the BOT anymore. He used his money to buy his power so he can control guys like JJ. Anytime a coach starts to get a little power and influence, the PTBs seem to find a reason to try to run them off.

Proud knows where I stand and I know where he stands. We can agree to disagree and still be fast friends. I dont see what was said about Proud and Lowder here at all. I have said many times, if I had the Money I would be Bobby Lowderlike in my gifts to the University. Face it, the guy ponies up the huge bucks. The universaity needs huge bucks. Until I can compete with Lowder's money, I must realize the real score here.

Exactly. Thanks David and you know I feel the same way.

Exactly. Thanks David and you know I feel the same way.

I'm just glad that I for one don't feel like I have to play kiss-a$$ with the guy like some do.

Yeah, he donates money. My opinion is if you want strings attached to the money you give those strings should be well defined before or when the money is donated. But hey, the good old boy network is what it is.

Continue with the butt smooches.

And for the record my comments were directed to the many many times proud has jumped in on threads doing exactly what I said he did.

I don't think I have to give you any explanation but let me just say that I have known David for sometime. I have helped him in recruiting some kids. I'll leave it at that.

Having said that much, let me reverse your question.......how do you KNOW Jacobs did run him off other than hearsay?

I don't know and haven't made any claim of knowing any inside info. on this thread like you have so I wouldn't expect any questions to me about this. Nice attempt at dodgeball though.

I simply asked you to back up your statement, you didn't, thanks for responding anyways.

You are living proof that the skin gets thinner with age. Geeze man.

If I hadn't seen you go off on "fellow Auburn fans and WEN members" as many times as I have for diiference of opinion you're statement here might carry some weight.

Au fans and WEN family members are like the rest of the world. Imperfect and sometimes in need of criticism.

Archived