online radio broadcast for Sat

Freeport

Did you confirm it was going to be broadcast over the internet? They might have thought you meant the regular broadcast. If so, I wonder how come they can do it and all the other stations can't. 680 is an ESPN affiliate, but the ESPN affiliate here in Decatur does not brocast the games over the internet. I wonder if 680 pays some sort of licensing fee to broadcast them?

i tried listening to one of the games on 680 over the internet a few weeks ago , and it said it wasnt available...

Yeah, I had read or heard somewhere that they got into a little trouble for broadcasting that Buffalo game. I went ahead and called the station also and they guy told me it was going to be on the internet. He said anything that is broadcast over the airwaves is broadcast over the internet also. I asked him how if they have some sort of rights that other stations don't have, because they are the only ones I know that can do it. They guy again told me that everything on the station is broadcast over the internet, including all the AU games, which we know is not true. So, since this guy could not answer my second question halfway accurately, I am wondering if he is just clueless about the CSTV rights and was just giving me general info that he knows.

the 680 link DID work for the buffalo game, but did NOT work a few weeks later for some other game.

i imagine it was an oversight on their part that we got the BUFFALO game. i think the rules are pretty straightforward on their not being able to play the games on the internet.

too bad. we really need a chattanooga affiliate !

Did you confirm it was going to be broadcast over the internet? They might have thought you meant the regular broadcast. If so, I wonder how come they can do it and all the other stations can't. 680 is an ESPN affiliate, but the ESPN affiliate here in Decatur does not brocast the games over the internet. I wonder if 680 pays some sort of licensing fee to broadcast them?

i just called this morning for you and it was obviously the morning crew that had no clue. 680 is a atlanta sports station which is the official home for the auburn tigers.

i listented to the buffalo game over the internet but i think i logged into the stream mabye 45 minutes before the game to listen to the pre-game stuff.

mabye y'all could try logging in a bit earlier or something? just trying to help and give the link that works for me...sorry if it has given y'all trouble.

i just called this morning for you and it was obviously the morning crew that had no clue. 680 is a atlanta sports station which is the official home for the auburn tigers.

i listented to the buffalo game over the internet but i think i logged into the stream mabye 45 minutes before the game to listen to the pre-game stuff.

mabye y'all could try logging in a bit earlier or something? just trying to help and give the link that works for me...sorry if it has given y'all trouble.

It was last night when I called. Like I said, I think they got in trouble for broadcasting the Buffalo game. Like CT said, they broadcast rules are pretty much cut and dry. Everything is licensed and unless 680 is paying a butt load of money to CSTV for rights in broadcasting the game, I don't see how they are doing it legally.

Nope, as I expected the two guys we talked too at the radio station were clueless. When you try to listen, they play a message saying "This program cannot be broacast over the internet....".

Archived