Pathetic!

C-villetiger1

C-villetiger1:

are you on crack? seek counseling. quickly. if you can give up that many yards to an offense and still win the game handily while not even playing some of your talent, who really cares? at least yall are winning.... <_< i'm sure :au: could have put 60 on the bord if they wanted to, but that would be a bit ridiculous, much like your post....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won by 25, could have been 28-32 easily, and played 2nd and 3rd teamers all day. We did fine.

about to be my point we played a lot of reserves be happy with the result, we won thats all that matters.

C-villetiger1:

are you on crack? seek counseling. quickly. if you can give up that many yards to an offense and still win the game handily while not even playing some of your talent, who really cares? at least yall are winning.... <_< i'm sure :au: could have put 60 on the bord if they wanted to, but that would be a bit ridiculous, much like your post....

Well, in C-villetiger's defense...what he is saying is only about 99.9% unfounded. While we did dominate the game, we did not slap Tulane around like little kids.

I really don't know what all the negative posters want. We moved the ball with a good bit of effectiveness passing. We did not run all over them, but we did run the ball, including SEVERAL very long runs. We forced them to punt a lot.

We did let them pass the ball on us. But going into this game, CTT said, the talkshows said, and even folks from Tulane posted on this very board that we better watch out for their QB. And those predictions were right. That guy made some passes today that were very impressive.

Overall it was a strong outing for our program. We won a lopsided game and played a lot of players today.

I think what is going on is you guys think when you go to a game where the atmosphere is not crazy, insane, beserk you think the team is not playing too well.

This is what CTT had to say about the Tulane QB we faced today....

"Defensively, we gave up too many yards," said Tuberville. "That's probably the best quarterback we've seen this year. He put it on the money and we weren't able to get any pressure on him in the first half."

A pretty huge compliment figuring the competition we have played thus far...

This is what CTT had to say about the Tulane QB we faced today....

"Defensively, we gave up too many yards," said Tuberville.

Sounds like Tubby was not satisfied with the defense's performance either. :no:

I'd rather not come out pumped up as if its the Alabama and have Tubs play our starters for 4 quarters. Its impossible to get up for every game, I'll take any lack luster preformance that results in experience for backups and a win.

Save the emotion for times where we need it.

I think what is going on is you guys think when you go to a game where the atmosphere is not crazy, insane, beserk you think the team is not playing too well.

Not me. I went to the game knowing that I'd be able to have plenty of room in the student section to relax, enjoy a nice day, and watch Auburn play some good ball. Obviously this wasn't a huge game, and we were obviously going to win. The offense, as I said, was fine - we took care of business. Special teams played a perfect game. The D, as it has all season, needs improvement. Same problems - wide open receivers and poor tackling. And, like I said, its not like Tulane was making great plays, we were giving them plays. Their WR's actually helped us out a good bit by dropping quite a few balls.

Call me a doomsdayer, but very rarely (actually can't even remember a time) post anything that sheds a light on this team. At most, its a "well, missed something here or there, but they'll get it right next week." However, we're 8 games in and seeing the same problems. I'm happy about the win, but it was Tulane. What doesn't make me happy is thinking what a better team could do to our D (ahem...Arkansas). The ingredients are there, they just need to click and get to stopping some offenses.

Anyways, I'm done with it. I'm over the frustration, still disappointed, but it was what it was. Its up to the coaches now. CTT even said himself the D played very poorly, so maybe he'll get personal with some players in practice and help them become better.

I agree. Anyone who knows how many starters didn't play today, should be happy we got the Win and played a lot of young guys which helps build depth. Also, do not confuse this team with 04's or even last years. There are a LOT of Young players on this team. CTT has said one of the biggest challenges for young players is learning to be consistent. What our team needs right now is support from it's fans who appreciate the fact they won, are 7-1, and are going to get better. CFB is also different from the NFL. There is no way possible to be up every week for every opponent. I think it was much easier for Tulane to be up to playing Auburn, then vice versa. I agree we tend to play down to our competition, but that is due to our youth sometimes believing we just have to "walk on the field". We will get better. We have the #4 rated recruiting class in the country so far for '07, and we are currently #4 in the BCS at 7-1. We will most likely go into the Bama game 10-1 where we plat at T-town and we are 5-0. So do me a favor, shut the hell up. Spoiled, whiney ass fans like some of you are what piss the rest of us off. You are the same fans who stop cheering when we get behind, you probably left the start of the 4th quarter vs Arky a few weeks ago, etc. EITHER BE BEHIND THIS TEAM, WIN OR LOSE, OR FIND ANOTHER TEAM!!! War Eagle everybody!! We won and Bama lost, what a great day!!

OHHHHH GOD. THE SKY IS FALLING!

WHATEVER WILL AUBURN DOOOOOOO?

Man alive. How did you make it out of the last years of the Bowden days?

One thing I will say about today's D... a lot of missed tackles... a lot. I hope this week we will focus on more fundamentals and do better on tackling.

I agree. Anyone who knows how many starters didn't play today, should be happy we got the Win and played a lot of young guys which helps build depth. Also, do not confuse this team with 04's or even last years. There are a LOT of Young players on this team. CTT has said one of the biggest challenges for young players is learning to be consistent. What our team needs right now is support from it's fans who appreciate the fact they won, are 7-1, and are going to get better. CFB is also different from the NFL. There is no way possible to be up every week for every opponent. I think it was much easier for Tulane to be up to playing Auburn, then vice versa. I agree we tend to play down to our competition, but that is due to our youth sometimes believing we just have to "walk on the field". We will get better. We have the #4 rated recruiting class in the country so far for '07, and we are currently #4 in the BCS at 7-1. We will most likely go into the Bama game 10-1 where we plat at T-town and we are 5-0. So do me a favor, shut the hell up. Spoiled, whiney ass fans like some of you are what piss the rest of us off. You are the same fans who stop cheering when we get behind, you probably left the start of the 4th quarter vs Arky a few weeks ago, etc. EITHER BE BEHIND THIS TEAM, WIN OR LOSE, OR FIND ANOTHER TEAM!!! War Eagle everybody!! We won and Bama lost, what a great day!!

Why would the 1st string defensive unit not play the whole game, they need the work. The "we will get better" pumper phrase has been exhausted since shortly after the USC game. Many of us "doomsayers/doom and gloomers" were pointing out the FACT that there was a problem with the defense. Next week's result??? A 17 point loss (AT HOME) to an unranked 2 TD underdog. <_< There are still problems with this defense. I hate to say it but both Alabama and UGA have the personnel to exploit that weakness. It needs to be addressed, quickly.

Would you prefer a valuable starter get hurt with the game in hand? (See Bama vs Florida, a guy named Prothro!) All I have to say is emotion, emotion, emotion!! It will be there for the BIG games. Also keep in mind we have now played 8 games in a row. Unlike most other teams, for some sorry ass reason, our bye week is at the end of the fricking season. Go figure??

I'm real sick of so-called fans that call a 25 point win when you are playing with a 4th string freshman back pathetic. The constant whiners around here are what's really pathetic.

I'm real sick of so-called fans that call a 25 point win when you are playing with a 4th string freshman back pathetic. The constant whiners around here are what's really pathetic.

We were a 31.5pt favorite...25pt victory. :roflol:

Sheridan

Raven, you put it better than I could have...

TT, it was a 25 point win. Easily could have been less than that. Tulane was one play away from being in the game, only down by seven, in the 3rd quarter. That's great Tate carried the ball, but no one is saying a word about the O (and honestly, the kid could easily be the starter - he's the real deal. The 4th string thing is just a novelty). The D is what's scaring people. Irons and Lester were back there for the whole game, I didn't see them get replaced too many times. The only time the majority of the players were not starters were on the last series. Call me a so-called fan all you want, but I'm concerned about our D and upcoming big games against UGA and uat. Bama's got some good receivers, probably 3 light years ahead of what Tulane had. Let Hall roam around wide open and we'll be in trouble. UGA has been down, but I guarantee they'll give us their best shot. Concern doesn't change the fact I bleed blue and orange.

We won and Bama lost, what a great day!!

Actually Bama losing is not a good thing, it hurts our SOS. You gotta look at the big picture...

Concern doesn't change the fact I bleed blue and orange.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, what is the DEAL with the poor tackling? That was pretty bad, I will give you that.

And, yes, their receivers did drop some balls they should have caught. Their QB was nailing a lot of passes and they were dropping balls that hit them in the hands.

TT, it was a 25 point win. Easily could have been less than that. Tulane was one play away from being in the game, only down by seven, in the 3rd quarter. That's great Tate carried the ball, but no one is saying a word about the O (and honestly, the kid could easily be the starter - he's the real deal. The 4th string thing is just a novelty). The D is what's scaring people. Irons and Lester were back there for the whole game, I didn't see them get replaced too many times. The only time the majority of the players were not starters were on the last series. Call me a so-called fan all you want, but I'm concerned about our D and upcoming big games against UGA and uat. Bama's got some good receivers, probably 3 light years ahead of what Tulane had. Let Hall roam around wide open and we'll be in trouble. UGA has been down, but I guarantee they'll give us their best shot. Concern doesn't change the fact I bleed blue and orange.

It's fine to be concerned about the D. I am, too. But, for a little perspective, our D still gives up less than 13 points a game. I wish it were more consistently good, but the histrionics about being "pathetic" are a bit over the top.

(This is for the doom-and-gloomers...)

So you say we were pathetic. We should have done better. Okay. Look at how Georgia Tech performed against Clemson tonight, then tell me again how we have massive problems.

It's fine to be concerned about the D. I am, too. But, for a little perspective, our D still gives up less than 13 points a game. I wish it were more consistently good, but the histrionics about being "pathetic" are a bit over the top.

You're right, pathetic is a little over the top. I don't know if you were there or not, but it was like watching the USC, UA, or 1st half of the UF game - except the competition was much less talented. Wide open receivers and poor tackling - simply bad fundamentals. I've heard every week how its minor things that need to be worked on - and they're exactly right... but why aren't they working on them? This is the most talented D AU has seen in a while. IF they'd get the kinks worked out, I have no doubt in my mind we'd have the #1/#2 D in the nation. The LSU game was a great display of the potential.

I don't buy this "bend but don't break" stuff either. That's an excuse. The purpose of the D is to get the ball back to the O. Bending lets the other team work the clock and move the ball, which is not good strategy. However, if the philosophy works, that's great. The real problem is that when it doesn't work, you "brake" over and over. We've broken 2.5 times this year, so here's to not doing it again.

(This is for the doom-and-gloomers...)

So you say we were pathetic. We should have done better. Okay. Look at how Georgia Tech performed against Clemson tonight, then tell me again how we have massive problems.

Well, if you want to compare teams... UGA has massive problems this year, and although I feel for them, I'm glad it ain't us. However, its not us so we need to take advantage of the positions that we ARE in, and not simply be satisfied of the unfortunate positions we AREN'T in.

As far as GT... we'll, that's how GT plays football. They start off strong every year and finish poorly. Clemson is a serious team this year too. An AU-Clemson bowl might be a pretty good game.

Here's my gloom and doom..

I don't think the D will get much better so we might as well live with it. I've held out hope since week 4 that we can do better, that it's simply a fluke, but even now I don't think it's gonna be fixed and I only hope the other part of the D (the scoring D) will remain the same to stop opponents from scoring. Other teams will roll over us, it's just something we will have to deal with until next season.

I don't believe this D is the most talented one we've seen in a while.. just look back to 04. Junior Rosegreen? Carlos Rogers?

Can't compare us to Georgia Tech. If Tulane was the caliber of Clemson then yes. But the truth of the matter is that Tulane is not Clemson and it's apple and orange to compare them.

Archived