Pathetic!

C-villetiger1

This team has done nothing this season!!! we get up for Fla and LSU lose to Ark in what wasnt even a close game. And for some reason this bunch thinks that they can roll over any team they face and not take them seriously. I mean come on! I was at least hoping for the team to look respectable and they have yet to do so. I may be a bit negative here but WOW Tulane is PATHETIC. And the argument of thier passing game being so great is dead due to the teams that they have played and thier offensive style they throw 30-40 times a game. So for us to look like this is embarrasing. I for one will say that not all teams are to be taken like NC contenders but after this teams poor showings this is the best we got??? I want only one thing this year and that is for us to play a whole game of football ONE TIME. And I have a couple questions after this thought. I posted on this board that we needed to start getting the team to play aggressive and got no replies from the group. Now here it is and I feel like a prophet we played down to Tulanes level and without a couple lucky breaks our first team is in until the final whistle in a close game.

1. Over 400 yards of offense for Tulane!!!!!!!!

2. NO FIRE AT ALL

3. Another weak team makes us look like a bottom 50 team

4. Ark deserves to go to ATL. We do not. they hung 63 in thier game last week and didnt even break a sweat against us

5. If we play like this we will lose to BAMA OLE Miss and UGA.

6. WHy do we continue to have these issues with our Defense. We will say that they have the 13th ranked pass ofense but we are supposed to have the 11th ranked pass defense.

7. Why cant TT just pound someone for a change. I get the not to make other teams look like weak sisters but this is what cost us 2 years ago. Drop the hammer and put the ball in the endzone. Beat the teams like a drum that you are supposed to!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Win is a win and I get that but we HAVE TO LOOK BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm showing 389: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200610210075

2. NO FIRE AT ALL

I agree, except on offense. Ben Tate ran like a beast.

Hardly. Bottom 50 teams don't beat anyone 38-13.

4. Ark deserves to go to ATL. We do not. they hung 63 in thier game last week and didnt even break a sweat against us

Arky still has to play S. Carolina, Tennessee and LSU. They don't deserve anything yet.

We will certainly make those games closer than they should be, but this is over the top.

6. WHy do we continue to have these issues with our Defense. We will say that they have the 13th ranked pass ofense but we are supposed to have the 11th ranked pass defense.

I don't know, but I want to see them corrected too.

7. Why cant TT just pound someone for a change. I get the not to make other teams look like weak sisters but this is what cost us 2 years ago. Drop the hammer and put the ball in the endzone. Beat the teams like a drum that you are supposed to!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not his nature to run up the score. It's not going to change.

One reason Ark does deserve the trip is that they play every game like it will be the end of the world if they dont knock somones head off. LSU can MAYBE slow down thier run game but I have my doubts. SC could sneak up on them dont know where the game is. Tenn is playing with Bama!

Stats courtesy of espn.com

Tulane AU

1st Downs 19 22

3rd down efficiency 11-17 11-14

4th down efficiency 0-0 0-1

Total Yards 397 423

Passing 281 193

Comp-Att 20-43 15-18

Yards per pass 6.4 10.7

Rushing 116 230

Rushing Attempts 26 42

Yards per rush 4.5 5.5

Penalties 4-35 5-35

Turnovers 3 1

Fumbles lost 1 1

Interceptions thrown 2 0

Our D forced turnovers. Tulane moved the ball thru the air, but we only gave up one TD. We held them to 13. If we hold the rest of opponents to 13 points in each game we win each of those. We moved the ball up and down the field. No worries, unelss you just want to. We played a lot of 2nd string, KI and CS didn't play.

One reason Ark does deserve the trip is that they play every game like it will be the end of the world if they dont knock somones head off. LSU can MAYBE slow down thier run game but I have my doubts. SC could sneak up on them dont know where the game is. Tenn is playing with Bama!

And Arky also got killed by USC, barely beat Bama after their kicker meltdown and barely beat Vandy after they missed a last second FG. They aren't world beaters. If they run that gauntlet with only one loss, they'll deserve it. Until then they don't deserve squat.

We won 38-13. Guess that is not good enough for some. Screw style points, man. We won by a hefty margin.

And we kind of game them the touchdown too. Going for 4th and inches on their 20-ish yard line....turning the ball over. Without that play, this game is 38-6.

This team has done nothing this season!!! we get up for Fla and LSU lose to Ark in what wasnt even a close game. And for some reason this bunch thinks that they can roll over any team they face and not take them seriously. I mean come on! I was at least hoping for the team to look respectable and they have yet to do so. I may be a bit negative here but WOW Tulane is PATHETIC. And the argument of thier passing game being so great is dead due to the teams that they have played and thier offensive style they throw 30-40 times a game. So for us to look like this is embarrasing. I for one will say that not all teams are to be taken like NC contenders but after this teams poor showings this is the best we got??? I want only one thing this year and that is for us to play a whole game of football ONE TIME. And I have a couple questions after this thought. I posted on this board that we needed to start getting the team to play aggressive and got no replies from the group. Now here it is and I feel like a prophet we played down to Tulanes level and without a couple lucky breaks our first team is in until the final whistle in a close game.

2. NO FIRE AT ALL

are you kidding? you're kidding, right? we won 38-13. you need more than that? if so, you might want to consider touching base with reality and understanding that this isn't 2004 and we weren't playing a video game. we aren't making a case for the national title anymore. winning is what matters, and we did it easily. that's all i need, and you ought to iron those panties out and just see how the rest of the season goes. have some faith.

you know what I get it and I dont feel like this was a video game. I listend to the entire game can only remember 2-3 punts. that is not a great defense that is what i am trying to say. HOUSTON put up 45 and only gave up 7. HOUSTON. I like alot of you felt like this would be a cream game. And interception and a fumble make this a 38-21 game. Am I the only one that sees that. we did the same thing to UB and this board was on fire about it now it is me being negative. I get it I was and do feel like this is another step back not a dominante(sp) day. So feel free to ignore this post if you feel that I am the ONLY person that feels negative about this game

you know what I get it and I dont feel like this was a video game. I listend to the entire game can only remember 2-3 punts. that is not a great defense that is what i am trying to say. HOUSTON put up 45 and only gave up 7. HOUSTON. I like alot of you felt like this would be a cream game. And interception and a fumble make this a 38-21 game. Am I the only one that sees that. we did the same thing to UB and this board was on fire about it now it is me being negative. I get it I was and do feel like this is another step back not a dominante(sp) day. So feel free to ignore this post if you feel that I am the ONLY person that feels negative about this game

So we put one less TD on the board than Houston did against Tulane. Big deal. Most of 4th qtr I believe were 2nd and 3rd teamers. It was a cream game, CRAP man, we beat them by 27 points!!!! That is nearly 4 TDs. What is the point about being one fumble or INT away from 38-21 score?? Isn't that the way it always is in any game??? WE DIDN"T fumble or throw an INT. The Buffalo game was a totally different story. We only had scored 10 in the first half of that game. We had 24 at the half today. TUlane moved the ball but WHO CARES, they only scored 13. I will take that in every game. THe opposing team can have 397 yards of O as long as they don't give points!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe you ought to come to the realization that few games turn out exactly how you think they will. i still say this was a "cream" game. there was little to worry about. things need to be fixed on defense, but we say that every week and every week we see the same holes. maybe it's time to come to the realization that our defense is inconsistent and has serious weak spots? the offense looked great. like it has already been said, tulane scores no touchdowns without us flubbing an attempt at 4th and short deep in our own territory.

i'm happy with a win, especially by 25 points. if you want to have a meltdown about us not winning by 50 points, go for it. go ahead and rank houston ahead of us. absolutely no one else will care.

I care I want to see us come out fired up. I want really want you all to get the fact that I am very glad we won but we HAVE GOT TO PLAY MORE CONSISTENTLY! And to let all of you know I am a perfectionist and want the 04 team back!!!!!!!! It consumes me!!

I listened to the entire game on Sirius--We played exactly as the coaches wanted us to play, solid performance with basically a second/ third team against an offensively good Tulane team. I lived in Norman OK(not by choice) for 5 long years listening to the complaints of OU fans if teams were not beaten by 50 points--Yes, we need a winning attitude but this attitude of beating up on less talented teams breeds-Poor sportmanship, poor coaching, and also teaches fans to become obnoxious. We won, didn't get anyone seriously hurt, moved the ball well and got a lot of playing time for future tigers--I for one am much more confident about our future after hearing this game and the performance of our subs :cheer: War Eagle and Shut Up!

we all do, bud. this team ain't it. just have faith that we can keep adding ticks to the good column and we'll finish sitting just fine this season.

While I agree we did not play dominant today I felt some of the criticisms were unwarranted. Here are my observations:

1. This defense is no longer the 2004. This is the bend but don't break defense and it will be the best one we can field for this season. I may not like giving up huge yardage but if we're preventing teams from scoring TDs, dammit I will take it. Being rolled over for 400 yards is nothing to brag about giving up 13 points while scoring 38 is something I will take any day of the week.

2. Regarding your comment about 38-21... you almost sounded like those two turnovers mean nothing. "and interception and a fumble make this 38-21.." That's right, an interception and a fumble, turnovers created by our D. Fact of the matter is the game is not 38-21. The game is 38-13 and we created two turnovers, once again, bend but don't break.

3. While Houston might have put up 45 I doubt they did it with second stringers. Kenny Irons did not start. Brad Lester played sparingly. The rushing attack mainly came from Ben Tate our 3rd RB.

I care I want to see us come out fired up. I want really want you all to get the fact that I am very glad we won but we HAVE GOT TO PLAY MORE CONSISTENTLY! And to let all of you know I am a perfectionist and want the 04 team back!!!!!!!! It consumes me!!

Look, man, I understand where you are coming from. But, you do understand that the 2004 season was a once in a lifetime season, I hope.

Everybody wants that every season. My point is, we won today. Your point is that we didn't win "good enough." I think you are getting too caught up in style points or statistics. Statistics have never won a game. That is what you talk about Sunday-Friday. Points is what wins games and we had a WHOLE BUNCH OF 'EM today.

WDE

Look, man, I understand where you are coming from. But, you do understand that the 2004 season was a once in a lifetime season, I hope.

Everybody wants that every season. My point is, we won today. Your point is that we didn't win "good enough." I think you are getting too caught up in style points or statistics. Statistics have never won a game. That is what you talk about Sunday-Friday. Points is what wins games and we had a WHOLE BUNCH OF 'EM today.

WDE

agreed. this thread is ridiculous. welcome to earth, c-ville.

:au:

I usually stand against posts like this, but today I agree with it. Our D was abysmal. I don't know how many of you had the opportunity to go, but seeing it in person makes a difference. The radio doesn't tell you how many receivers are open, they just tell you completion to whoever.

The run D was great until late in the second quarter. They had negative rushing yards. As the 2nd half continued, they started biting off chunks with the run. They went no huddle for a series and ran it right up the middle, down our throats. Sickening. Our D looked like they weren't even trying to get in position before the snap. The option had some success, even though it shouldn't have. It wasn't too hard to pick up on the fact the QB pitched the ball no matter what, and the pitch man hardly ever had any coverage.

As far as pass D, we would have been better off blitzing 11. They were tearing us up with this freaking curl route, then they'd run a slant for a big chunk of yards. DI made a great play knocking a ball away, but then forgot to stop running his trap and got burnt BAD on the next play.

Don't let the turnovers fool you either. That was Tulane screwing up, not Auburn being good. One thing is for sure, Ohio State would LIGHT US UP right now. They have real WRs and a fast QB. Another great fact - the Tulane D held Auburn to more 3 and outs than the AU D held Tulane.

To say something positive, the offense did its job. I wasn't overly impressed, but they were very efficient. I really wanted to see some air under the ball today, but for whatever reason they chose not to do so. The best play was Cox rifling the ball over the middle, but we "fumbled". The ground can't cause a fumble, but it did today. Ben Tate is going to be great. Maybe we can call him "Great Tate" or "Tate the Great" or something. The Tate/Lester combo next year is going to pile up some yardage.

One more negative, and probably the biggest negative about this game, are the number of injuries sustained. Lost ANOTHER center, Blackmon's out, Lester's groin is aggervated, etc.

I'm rediculously frustrated after that game. I'm frustrated because we have the talent, ability, and coaching, but we can't get it done. Its one thing if Tulane was making good plays or displaying good athleticism. Its another thing to lolly gag around out there and let the other team have its way. 13 points was a blessing. It should be more like 24-27.

Amazin. One week removed from an awesome win and right after a 38-13 win, the negative posts are at it gain. WE WON THE FREAKIN GAME!!! Plue we had over 400 yards of offense. We did not play Kenny Irons either and Brad Lester got hurt in the game. We were down to our third string RB and still won by 25 points and some of those points are thanks to the defensive turnovers. Sure, I would like to see it a little better, but I am not going to gripe about a 25 poin win.

As stated earlier in another thread, Tulane averages 22 points and 370 yards of offense a game. They gained a just a little bit more then their average, but they were held under their points average.

I also am getting tired of all the references to the 2004 team. As it has already been stated, that was a very rare thing to go undefeated in the SEC. Our standards are a little higher now, but to be complaining after a 25 point win is what is pathetic.

Heck, suprisingly this morning, even all of the Gameday crew said that an SEC team with one loss deserves to play for the MNC over an other conference, even an undefeated Louisville and WV.

Maybe we just have to accept this team for what it is, the way it is. The fellows from west vance have been complaing for decades about the way they play down to the level of their opponents. It appears that our team does the same. We even played lower one game. If we had not played with good sportsmanship, we could have easily scored another td at the end of the game. We took a knee inside the 10 yardline after running the ball down their throats the last minute. I would like more points but I'll take a so called lackluster win vs Tulane and the monsterous win against UF to balance it out anyday, anytime.

Amazin. One week removed from an awesome win and right after a 38-13 win, the negative posts are at it gain. WE WON THE FREAKIN GAME!!! Plue we had over 400 yards of offense. We did not play Kenny Irons either and Brad Lester got hurt in the game. We were down to our third string RB and still won by 25 points and some of those points are thanks to the defensive turnovers. Sure, I would like to see it a little better, but I am not going to gripe about a 25 poin win.

As stated earlier in another thread, Tulane averages 22 points and 370 yards of offense a game. They gained a just a little bit more then their average, but they were held under their points average.

I also am getting tired of all the references to the 2004 team. As it has already been stated, that was a very rare thing to go undefeated in the SEC. Our standards are a little higher now, but to be complaining after a 25 point win is what is pathetic.

I don't expect this team to be the 04 team. Everyone should be able to recognize that was a VERY special team, and you just don't see too many of those. However, we've got the tools and we got the workers, we're just not getting the job done. We won by 25, and that's great. However, the score doesn't always tell the tale of the game. Maybe its just because I saw it in person, and its extra hard to swallow that way, but I was really hoping the D turned it around after last week.

Another good facet of the game I forgot to mention was our special teams. A+++. Vaughn semi-shanked the opening kickoff, but it still went 3 yards deep in the endzone. He split the uprights on a 45 yarder, and it probably could have gone 10 more yards. Bliss had a 71 yard punt that was a 1/4 second away from being pinned on the 3 inch line. We did down one inside the 10. Also nearly blocked two punts...

I hope Bliss gets a huge signing bonus next spring. He's going to be an asset to some team next year.

I remember someone said to me one time , "If you can't do a better job than those in charge, then keep your mouth shut." Walk-on and play, apply for Tubby's job or just keep quiet and enjoy it while your still living (there are those who are not here anymore that, I bet, would love to see our tigers). Funny thing about human expectations, and fickle emotions, is they always interfere with God's plan for our lives. Some people just don't get it.

2. NO FIRE AT ALL

I remember someone said to me one time , "If you can't do a better job than those in charge, then keep your mouth shut." Walk-on and play, apply for Tubby's job or just keep quiet and enjoy it while your still living (there are those who are not here anymore that, I bet, would love to see our tigers). Funny thing about human expectations, and fickle emotions, is they always interfere with God's plan for our lives. Some people just don't get it.

This, coming from the guy who slams Bush, the government, and seemingly every authoratitive figure... :ucrazy:

Archived