Pathetic!

C-villetiger1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic? Nah!

I mean, Auburn won, it was a gorgeous day, and we're all alive and healthy enough to discuss it.

Taking this stuff a whole bunch too seriously? That might be pathetic :)

I agree with bigsixfive -- seeing the game live gives you a much better perspective than listening to it on the radio. The defense is stout in the red zone. There ... I said something good about the defense before complaining. Tulane moved the ball too easily on our D through the air. They do have a good QB in Ricard and a couple of good WRs in Brown & Davis, and yes they are primarily a passing offense. I can't help but think an opposing team with a good passing attack that is "on" the day we play them will give us trouble. I don't know what the team can do differently to stop that. Sure tackling would help limit the damage but it seems our D isn't consistent with sure tackling. AU has always had good tackling and the absence (inconsistentcy?) of it this year really bothers me. I know this much: I drove away from Auburn after this game thinking we're not the same caliber as Ohio State/Michigan/SC, etc. Realistic assesment & stuff.

AU won the game by 25 points and took a knee deep in Tulane's territory after running about 6 straight running plays between the tackles to run out the clock. The MOV could easily have been 32 points. I'm happy with the victory but a little apprehensive about how AU's D will fare against the better competition.

as far as the comparisons to osu/michigan/sc, why do we still care? we have no stake in that argument. we lost to :arky: , which is either turning its season way around in its last few and is a stout team or just caught us with our pants down. the belt was loose before and has been loose since. tubby ought to throw out a few more fiery speeches and get this d awake or, like you gloomers have been wringing your hands about, we might drop another one.

regardless, we won. move on to next week. :om: ought to be good and fired up about getting annihilated and will probably give us a tough game. get your whiners good and polished up if we don't win by 2 scores, ladies!

I agree. Anyone who knows how many starters didn't play today, should be happy we got the Win and played a lot of young guys which helps build depth. Also, do not confuse this team with 04's or even last years. There are a LOT of Young players on this team. CTT has said one of the biggest challenges for young players is learning to be consistent. What our team needs right now is support from it's fans who appreciate the fact they won, are 7-1, and are going to get better. CFB is also different from the NFL. There is no way possible to be up every week for every opponent. I think it was much easier for Tulane to be up to playing Auburn, then vice versa. I agree we tend to play down to our competition, but that is due to our youth sometimes believing we just have to "walk on the field". We will get better. We have the #4 rated recruiting class in the country so far for '07, and we are currently #4 in the BCS at 7-1. We will most likely go into the Bama game 10-1 where we plat at T-town and we are 5-0. So do me a favor, shut the hell up. Spoiled, whiney ass fans like some of you are what piss the rest of us off. You are the same fans who stop cheering when we get behind, you probably left the start of the 4th quarter vs Arky a few weeks ago, etc. EITHER BE BEHIND THIS TEAM, WIN OR LOSE, OR FIND ANOTHER TEAM!!! War Eagle everybody!! We won and Bama lost, what a great day!!

DITTO! CTT just manufactured a by-week by playing almost exclusively 2nds and 3rds.

I'm real sick of so-called fans that call a 25 point win when you are playing with a 4th string freshman back pathetic. The constant whiners around here are what's really pathetic.

We were a 31.5pt favorite...25pt victory. :roflol:

Sheridan

We took a knee inside the 10. Guys, are you folks stupid enough to think that a betting line is for real? It is just a number, any number to get an even split of the bets. Therefore, half of the lines will be under reality and half will be over reality. It is just a function of betting.

I remember someone said to me one time , "If you can't do a better job than those in charge, then keep your mouth shut." Walk-on and play, apply for Tubby's job or just keep quiet and enjoy it while your still living (there are those who are not here anymore that, I bet, would love to see our tigers). Funny thing about human expectations, and fickle emotions, is they always interfere with God's plan for our lives. Some people just don't get it.

This, coming from the guy who slams Bush, the government, and seemingly every authoratitive figure... :ucrazy:

Not crazy, just sick and tired of being taken advantage by man. Buck Authority! I have no respect for authority, especially when it is as ineffective as our own.(other than that of God; man's attempts to properly govern are all failures, and every Christian knows this) Ask God for the answers, otherwise keep quiet. Oh, and I question Bush's religion too.

Fellas I think I understand what the man is trying to say. Our defense has played only a 2 1/2 games this year. The bend but do not break agenda sucks. We looked good against Wash ST (WHO IS A PRETTY GOOD TEAM) LSU and the second half against Florida. I haven't been impressed with one of the so called well known defensive cordinators. I to thought our defense would be alot better than what it has been. The fact is that we CAN play great defense. They have shown it. The inconsistantsy is what is fustrating.

Pathetic? Nah!

I mean, Auburn won, it was a gorgeous day, and we're all alive and healthy enough to discuss it.

Taking this stuff a whole bunch too seriously? That might be pathetic :)

:thumbsup:

The defense does have problems though. :big:

This post looks like a SPUAT post to me!

The Tigers came out and took care of business. The O came out and put it to the Wave with 2nd and 3rd stringers. A lot of players got into the game.

The D did give up some yards, but they also forced 3 TO's and had 3 dropped picks. Some of you in here need to quite acting like Turds and chill out!

I'm real sick of so-called fans that call a 25 point win when you are playing with a 4th string freshman back pathetic. The constant whiners around here are what's really pathetic.

Sheridan

We took a knee inside the 10. Guys, are you folks stupid enough to think that a betting line is for real? It is just a number, any number to get an even split of the bets. Therefore, half of the lines will be under reality and half will be over reality. It is just a function of betting.

I don't bet. Betting and the lottery are for people who can't do math...Aerospace engineer here. You figure it out Dave.

Raven, you put it better than I could have...

TT, it was a 25 point win. Easily could have been less than that. Tulane was one play away from being in the game, only down by seven, in the 3rd quarter. That's great Tate carried the ball, but no one is saying a word about the O (and honestly, the kid could easily be the starter - he's the real deal. The 4th string thing is just a novelty). The D is what's scaring people. Irons and Lester were back there for the whole game, I didn't see them get replaced too many times. The only time the majority of the players were not starters were on the last series. Call me a so-called fan all you want, but I'm concerned about our D and upcoming big games against UGA and uat. Bama's got some good receivers, probably 3 light years ahead of what Tulane had. Let Hall roam around wide open and we'll be in trouble. UGA has been down, but I guarantee they'll give us their best shot. Concern doesn't change the fact I bleed blue and orange.

It's fine to be concerned about the D. I am, too. But, for a little perspective, our D still gives up less than 13 points a game. I wish it were more consistently good, but the histrionics about being "pathetic" are a bit over the top.

For the record I did not use the word pathetic. ;)

This post looks like a SPUAT post to me!

The Tigers came out and took care of business. The O came out and put it to the Wave with 2nd and 3rd stringers. A lot of players got into the game.

The D did give up some yards, but they also forced 3 TO's and had 3 dropped picks. Some of you in here need to quite acting like Turds and chill out!

:clap::clap:

Thank you for pointing out what many have been thinking of this thread.

you know what I get it and I dont feel like this was a video game. I listend to the entire game can only remember 2-3 punts. that is not a great defense that is what i am trying to say. HOUSTON put up 45 and only gave up 7. HOUSTON. I like alot of you felt like this would be a cream game. And interception and a fumble make this a 38-21 game. Am I the only one that sees that. we did the same thing to UB and this board was on fire about it now it is me being negative. I get it I was and do feel like this is another step back not a dominante(sp) day. So feel free to ignore this post if you feel that I am the ONLY person that feels negative about this game

You need to yank your head out of your butt and realize that this isn't Playstation.

Sheridan

I don't bet. Betting and the lottery are for people who can't do math...Aerospace engineer here. You figure it out Dave.

I think his point is, the point spread argument doesn't hold water. It's meaningless in terms of how the teams should actually perform. And aside from that, even if it was some credible measure, we were ramming the ball down their throat and could have easily tacked on another TD, but chose to kneel inside their 10 instead.

It is always good to win. And there was never any doubt in this game. At this point in the season, statistically I don't think this team is as good as the 04 or 05 team. Defensively we do give up a lot of yards. At crunch time (LSU and FL) the defense stepped up. With ARK they did not. I don't believe the bend and don't break is even a defensive philosophy (sp). No defensive team or coordinator thinks it is o.k to give up yards. I believe they all want 3 and out, because eventually the bend does break (see ARK game).

On offensive, there is talent. But the receiveing corp is nowhere near the past two years and that makes a difference. I am not even sure who plays the postion Anthony Mix did for the past years and has that person caught a pass this year? Over the last few years someone was going to get open. Does not feel like the case this year. Hopefully some of the redshirted talent will help with that in upcoming years.

With that said, this team can absolutely win out go to the SEC championship game (with help) and win. That is not far fetched at all. In fact based on upcoming games and who is the favorite it somewhate probable. But at the same time we could lose a couple. For whatever reason, the Ole Miss game bothers me. They have a QB like SC and we did not do anything to stop them. At the same time there is no reason we should not score at leat 24 on them. So it should be a win. At the moment GA does not bother me as much. Game is at home and to some degree they are still reeling. Could change by game time. UA concerns me a lot. If they have one thing they have very good receivers, only if it is only two of them. They improve their offense by leaps and bounds by making catches and runs after catches. They also seem to play to competition level even though TN played down to them yesterday. The key to that game is pressuring the QB.

If someone has comparitive stats for this team and the past two it would be nice to look at it.

I'd rather not come out pumped up as if its the Alabama and have Tubs play our starters for 4 quarters. Its impossible to get up for every game, I'll take any lack luster preformance that results in experience for backups and a win.

Save the emotion for times where we need it.

I have two sons that attend Auburn. They told me that the day of the Arkansas game, you could just walk right in, no waiting. Also, there were EMPTY seats in the student section. I just don't understand that. We were playing Arkansas!

I'd rather not come out pumped up as if its the Alabama and have Tubs play our starters for 4 quarters. Its impossible to get up for every game, I'll take any lack luster preformance that results in experience for backups and a win.

Save the emotion for times where we need it.

I have two sons that attend Auburn. They told me that the day of the Arkansas game, you could just walk right in, no waiting. Also, there were EMPTY seats in the student section. I just don't understand that. We were playing Arkansas!

i will admit, the atmosphere before that game was really strange. i didn't feel the rest of the student section as into it as i was, and that was depressing. i came into jordan-hare with a good feeling about the day, but that changed my mind. florida was 150% better, and maybe the best i've ever seen it. it'd be nice if everyone could get up for every game like that, but the fact of the matter is, a whole lot of our fans (see c-ville) have gotten HUGELY spoiled and expect us to win every game and perform up to their silly expectations. you know this auburn team is good, and you know we can win out, but guys, we need to be interested in just seeing the tigers have more points than the other team at the end of the day. if you can't be happy with that, you really need to re-evaluate what you do with your free time. the arguments about margin of victory and and "style points" (god i hate to even say that) are moot with a loss.

1. Over 400 yards of offense for Tulane!!!!!!!!

I'm showing 389: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200610210075

2. NO FIRE AT ALL

I agree, except on offense. Ben Tate ran like a beast.

3. Another weak team makes us look like a bottom 50 team

Hardly. Bottom 50 teams don't beat anyone 38-13.

4. Ark deserves to go to ATL. We do not. they hung 63 in thier game last week and didnt even break a sweat against us

Arky still has to play S. Carolina, Tennessee and LSU. They don't deserve anything yet.

5. If we play like this we will lose to BAMA OLE Miss and UGA.

We will certainly make those games closer than they should be, but this is over the top.

6. WHy do we continue to have these issues with our Defense. We will say that they have the 13th ranked pass ofense but we are supposed to have the 11th ranked pass defense.

I don't know, but I want to see them corrected too.

7. Why cant TT just pound someone for a change. I get the not to make other teams look like weak sisters but this is what cost us 2 years ago. Drop the hammer and put the ball in the endzone. Beat the teams like a drum that you are supposed to!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not his nature to run up the score. It's not going to change.

Yeah...what HE said. B)

:au::homer:

"WHy do we continue to have these issues with our Defense. We will say that they have the 13th ranked pass ofense but we are supposed to have the 11th ranked pass defense."

How much does it matter that we are into our third defensive coordinator in 3 yrs.

btw aren't we spoiled.

The only questio that should be aksed and answered after a game like Tulane is:

Did we get better?

Not sure the offense got better. They did what they are good at. Tulane should have been a game to correct the passing game woes. We will still have trouble if we can't run. Not enough game time with the passing game.

Did the offense get better?

Defense. Scares me to death. Each week a lesser opponent seems to fine a chink in the armor. Not sure we even have armor. Some times it looks like the little guy wiht two knives fighting a well armed warrior.

Did the defense get better?

Folks are not stupid when they come on here and say what they saw. They may not express it in a warm fuzzy way that the sunshine pumpers like to hear, but that doesn't mean you can dismiss them. I have heard some very good points today.

Remember, coaches do not fix what ain't broke. But to figure out what needs fixing, you have to admit its broke. Many of you want to ignore the issues and think they'll just go away. That usually does not work. In the past we have had less to fix, but now, there is plenty. And all these folks are doing is bringing up concerns about why these types of games aren't used to fix the problems.

did AU football get better?

1. Kenny Irons did not play

2. Tim Duckworth did not play

3. Brad Lester came out very early with an injury

4. Jason Bosley is the 2nd string center and was injured during the game

5. Cole Bennet did not play

6. Carl Stewart did not play

7. A. Savage did not play

8. Tray Blackmon played very little and went out with an injury

9. I repeat what I've quoted many times of Coach Eddie Gran saying during a talk several months ago at our church. Paraphrasing..."We NEED Buffalo, we NEED Tulane and Arky State and WKU and The Citadel etc. These games are our off weeks and our chance to gain experience for young guys, our chance to give our starters and walking wounded some rest. You just can't imagine how brutal the SEC really is."

I'll address the defensive concerns this way. Like others have said, we're 8 games in, this may be as good as it gets. This defense is capable of doing some incredible things as they did against 2 of the top teams in the nation, LSU and UF. It may take that type of game, a crazy fan base behind them and the coach calling them a bunch of bed-wetting mama's boys to get them to play like that. But hey, it's what we've got and we have 4 more games in the regular season to will them through it.

Quick positives.

1. Good reps for Leon Hart, Antoine Daniels, Lorenzo Ferguson, Mike McLaughlin and of course, Ben Tate.

2. Brandon Cox was not touched and he said that was the best the line has played all year. BC's stats were AUsome.

3. Great balance on offense. Over 200 yards both rushing and passing.

4. Just about all of the above who did not play or who played sparingly because of injuries, will be back in full force for the stretch run.

End result: AU 38 and Tulane 13. Mission accomplished.

btw aren't we spoiled.

I had this very same thought late last night. It wasn't very long ago that a 25 point win using a bunch of back-ups and ending the game in the "Victory" formation inside the opponent's 10 would have had us satisfied.

btw aren't we spoiled.

I had this very same thought late last night. It wasn't very long ago that a 25 point win using a bunch of back-ups and ending the game in the "Victory" formation inside the opponent's 10 would have had us satisfied.

For those of us who grew up in the 70s, most of the last 25 years has been some enjoyable territory. It doesn't seem that long ago that when I looked at the schedule there were certain games that I mentally marked down as a probable loss. It's been a pretty long while since I had reason to feel that way. The years where that's the case are now anomalies rather than normalities.

It's a symptom of how far Auburn's come since the "days that shall not return" that some of us are more concerned with how the team won than if the team won.

Archived