Tuscaloser=Cowtown, U.S.A

whiteplainstiger

Here are some new statistics from the U.S.D.A. showing the number of cows in each county in the state of Alabama. According to these statisitcs Tuscaloser County has more cows than Lee County does. I guess that proves that Tuscaloser is the real Cowtown, U.S.A. :lol:

Alabama County Data - Livestock

Commodity ª

Cattle & Calves 2005 Alabama Lee 7,300 head

Cattle & Calves 2005 Alabama Tuscaloosa 7,500 head

Cattle & Calves 2006 Alabama Lee 7,000 head

Cattle & Calves 2006 Alabama Tuscaloosa 8,200 head

This is the best link I can find.

http://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_Sta...abama/index.asp

When you get to that link click on County level data. Then click on Livestock and then go. That should give you a list of all the counties in the state of Alabama. Click on Lee and Tuscalosa counties. Then click add and then click get data. That should show the comparison between the two counties.

See, I thought it was the sheep they were reproducing with. I guess they are counting Bama's cheerleaders in that figure though.

See, I thought it was the sheep they were reproducing with. I guess they are counting Bama's cheerleaders in that figure though.

With those kind of numbers, I was figuring on all of Sorority Row...

With those kind of numbers, I was figuring on all of Sorority Row...

Don't forget the "Happy Hands Club"

Here are some new statistics from the U.S.D.A. showing the number of cows in each county in the state of Alabama. According to these statisitcs Tuscaloser County has more cows than Lee County does. I guess that proves that Tuscaloser is the real Cowtown, U.S.A. :lol:

Commodity ª

Tuscaloosa county: 1351 square miles

Lee county: 616 square miles

Tuscaloosa county cows/mile: 6.06

Lee county cows/mile: 11.36

I'll bet New York city has more rednecks than Auburn does. I guess that means they are more polished and "big city like" down there on the plains.

And I'll "bet" there are more inbread redneck pink jersey wearin' morons in west vance than any place on earth!

What's your point?

still, with numbers like that, it seems like the tuscalosers are living in glass houses.

At least we have an agriculture school to make up for our numbers, what's your excuse?

Commodity ª

Tuscaloosa county: 1351 square miles

Lee county: 616 square miles

Tuscaloosa county cows/mile: 6.06

Lee county cows/mile: 11.36

I'll bet New York city has more rednecks than Auburn does. I guess that means they are more polished and "big city like" down there on the plains.

If you go by the per square mile ratio, then Lee County also has more people per square mile than Tuscaloser County does. Tuscaloser County has 164,875 people and 1324.4 square miles of land area. Lee County has 115, 092 people and 608.7 square miles of land area.

Tuscaloser county people/mile: 124

Lee county people/mile: 189

From these statistics, clearly Lee County is the more urbanized area. It is not suprising that Tuscaloosa County, being more rural, has more cows than Lee County.

Here are the links that show the population and square miles of both Tuscaloser and Lee counties.

http://www.city-data.com/county/Lee_County-AL.html

http://www.city-data.com/county/Tuscaloosa_County-AL.html

still, with numbers like that, it seems like the tuscalosers are living in glass houses.

At least we have an agriculture school to make up for our numbers, what's your excuse?

And how many of those cows actually graze at the university? ;) I mean its not like all the cows in Lee county are for research...and all the ones in ttown are because there's some redneck farmer per cow outside watching his "flock"

and to add to all that, God put Auburn above Tuscaloosa... literally

Auburn elevation: 709

Tuscalooser elevation: 227

Tuscaloosa Co- 22:1 people to cow ratio.

Lee Co - 16:1 people to cow ratio.

:rolleyes:

I think those are the 2005 numbers. You do realize that we are living in 2006. I believe these are the 2006 numbers.

Tuscaloosa Co- 20:1 people to cow ratio

Lee Co- 16:1 people to cow ratio

Thats not much of a difference especially when you consider the cow population in Lee County is shrinking and the cow population in Tuscaloosa County is rising. :lol:

I think those are the 2005 numbers. You do realize that we are living in 2006. I believe these are the 2006 numbers.

Thats not much of a difference especially when you consider the cow population in Lee County is shrinking and the cow population in Tuscaloosa County is rising. :lol:

I think people in Lee County are just eating too many hamburgers and gettin fat...thus shrinking the cow population momentarily. :poke:

And I'll "bet" there are more inbread redneck pink jersey wearin' morons in west vance than any place on earth!

What's your point?

Bingo, we have a winner

:big:

I think people in Lee County are just eating too many hamburgers and gettin fat...thus shrinking the cow population momentarily. :poke:

i know i'm doing my part, me and ocho cinco go to willie anderson's fat burger at least once a week

Guest Tigrinum Major
and all the ones in ttown are because there's some redneck farmer per cow outside watching his "flock"

It's called a herd, City Boy.

Embrace the terminology.

Guest Tigrinum Major

What's your point?

Bingo, we have a winner

I respectfully disagree. This particular creature is found in high concentrations in Birmingham, Hunstville, Decatur, Talladega, Mobile and other "metropolitan" areas, as well as being scattered across the countryside in rural areas.

Embrace the terminology.

Thats why i sued quotes. Dang...should have added a smiley too. I always do that!

i know i'm doing my part, me and ocho cinco go to willie anderson's fat burger at least once a week

Good ole chad johnson. You have the same hairdo as him?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Embrace the terminology.

Thats why i sued quotes. Dang...should have added a smiley too. I always do that!

Please, no more smileys. I figured you knew better, but I hadn't needled you goodnaturedly lately, so I wanted to get a little dig in.

By the way, I don't consider you part of the genus that WarTim, Proud Tiger and I were discussing in the posts above.

Archived