This weeks upsets???

cehuff21

I did this last weekend and it had a pretty good turnout. Post your upsets for this weekend.

These are my hopefuls:

Tennessee over Arkansas!

Rutgers over Louisville!

These are for real:

South Carolina over Florida (Spurrier's first return to the Swamp!)

Oregon over USC

Auburn is prime upset material the next two weeks, shouldn't be but the potential is there.

I don't think it will happen but ......

I don't see WSU beating ASU as an upset this year. I think WSU is better.

Rutgers over L'ville.

UT beats Arky (not that is really an upset, except in eyes of the Vegas crowd) but anyway

I did this last weekend and it had a pretty good turnout. Post your upsets for this weekend.

These are my hopefuls:

Tennessee over Arkansas!

Rutgers over Louisville!

These are for real:

Oregon over USC

I love these picks. It would move us up to 4. Then A&M takes care of Texas, one of the top two gotta lose, that would leave Auburn #2, provided we win out. Might need to win big over the last two teams.

We should all be watching Thursday's game, Louivsville @ Rutgers. If Louisville wins we can't make the NCG.

These are my hopefuls:

Tennessee over Arkansas!

Rutgers over Louisville!

These are for real:

Oregon over USC

I love these picks. It would move us up to 4. Then A&M takes care of Texas, one of the top two gotta lose, that would leave Auburn #2, provided we win out. Might need to win big over the last two teams.

We should all be watching Thursday's game, Louivsville @ Rutgers. If Louisville wins we can't make the NCG.

If Louisville loses we still wont make the BCS Championship game. Accept it. Maybe some other year. Be happy with the Orange or Sugar.

are you serious??? If Louisville lost the sugar bowl that you are still considering would be because we won the SEC CG. That would mean the #3 team fell in louisville... And then Either Ohio State or Michigan would have to lose making us then #4 behind Florida and Texas. Then if we win the SEC CG that you still believe we can make because you should Sugar Bowl (which implies us winning the SEC CG) we would then get rid of the #2 team. And I believe a win over the #2 team would jump us over Texas for a few reasons. 1. because Texas has already played Ohio State and lost and if Ohio State wins out no one wants to see a rematch. 2. because we were screwed in 04 and they may use this to try to make up for it 3. because texas doesn't have anymore tough opponents except for #25 Texas A&M who may not even be ranked by the time Texas plays them (the have Nebraska this weekend). Therefore IF Louisville did lose (which is the scenario we are discussing so don't say that's a big IF or something the like that... the whole point is if they do lose) we would have a GREAT chance at going to the National Championship.

Not so fast my friends: We are in a perfect position to be the LSU of 2003 this year. Remeber, they lost to Florida in week 6 or 7 and quietly climbed back into the title picture. I really believe things will work in our favor this year. If they don't all is not lost, The Sugar or Orange would be sweet trips.

are you serious??? If Louisville lost the sugar bowl that you are still considering would be because we won the SEC CG. That would mean the #3 team fell in louisville... And then Either Ohio State or Michigan would have to lose making us then #4 behind Florida and Texas. Then if we win the SEC CG that you still believe we can make because you should Sugar Bowl (which implies us winning the SEC CG) we would then get rid of the #2 team. And I believe a win over the #2 team would jump us over Texas for a few reasons. 1. because Texas has already played Ohio State and lost and if Ohio State wins out no one wants to see a rematch. 2. because we were screwed in 04 and they may use this to try to make up for it 3. because texas doesn't have anymore tough opponents except for #25 Texas A&M who may not even be ranked by the time Texas plays them (the have Nebraska this weekend). Therefore IF Louisville did lose (which is the scenario we are discussing so don't say that's a big IF or something the like that... the whole point is if they do lose) we would have a GREAT chance at going to the National Championship.

Yes, i am serious.

If, if, if, if, if, if, if......blah blah, truth is,we dropped the ball. We wont get in even if we win out, period. Do you think we deserve it? We did in 2004, but this year's team is not nearly that good. I will be thrilled to get Sugar or Orange though.

Not so fast my friends: We are in a perfect position to be the LSU of 2003 this year. Remeber, they lost to Florida in week 6 or 7 and quietly climbed back into the title picture. I really believe things will work in our favor this year. If they don't all is not lost, The Sugar or Orange would be sweet trips.

Man I keep trying to tell everyone that. A whole lot has to happen though. The almighty Florida Gators whom Auburn has already beat on the field has to loose. Texas will have to drop a game. USC will need to loose another game and someone has to beat CAL. Louisville has to loose.(REALLY DON"T SEE THAT HAPPENING WITH THAT PATHETIC SCHEDULE) Here is another debate that I have. Louisville has not played but one team in the top 25 all year. They have not played a SOS worth playing in the MNC. Anyway, Better root for someone to also beat Notre Dame. Also Michigan needs to look very poorly in their game this weekend and they need to get embarrassed by OSU. These are just a few things that must happen for Auburn to get into the MNC. You just have to believe!!

Georgia over Auburn. I see a desperate UGA team trying to not have a 5 game losing streak. I see an Auburn team that is inconsistent and doesn't play with a lot of fire.

This week is ripe for an upset :(

Georgia over Auburn. I see a desperate UGA team trying to not have a 5 game losing streak. I see an Auburn team that is inconsistent and doesn't play with a lot of fire.

UGA has played poorly all year, going all the way back to the Sugar Bowl through the embarrassing loss to UK last week -- at home. Our guys are making steady improvement and snagging SEC Player of the Week honors just about every weekend. We've got the improving talent, the momentum, home field advantage and the outside chance to play for the SECCG & more. What has UGA got to be fired up about? Sorry. but in terms of a motivational rallying cry, "C'mon guys! Let's not lose 5 in a row!" leaves a lot to be desired.

Here's how the season plays out in my dreams.

Tonight, Rutgers over Louiville

Saturday: UT over Arky

Later:

LSU over Arky

aTm over Texas or Nebraska over Texas (big XII championship)

Auburn over Florida (SECCG)

ND and Cal over USC

Auburn over winner of OSU/Mich

Auburn 2006 national champs! :cheer::au::cheer:

The best part is, none of these are long shots. LSU and UT are both better than Arky, Nebraska almost beat Texas once already, we beat UF already, ND and Cal are good and USC is not. The only one I would worry about is Louisville/Rutgers, but that will play out tonight. If the Scarlet Knights don't pull it off tonight, I'll give up on the NC game.

This season is far from over. Auburn is still very much alive for a berth in the national championship game. After this weekend is over, the murkiness will be cleared up, but right now, dream big! War Eagle!

UGA has played poorly all year, going all the way back to the Sugar Bowl through the embarrassing loss to UK last week -- at home. Our guys are making steady improvement and snagging SEC Player of the Week honors just about every weekend. We've got the improving talent, the momentum, home field advantage and the outside chance to play for the SECCG & more. What has UGA got to be fired up about? Sorry. but in terms of a motivational rallying cry, "C'mon guys! Let's not lose 5 in a row!" leaves a lot to be desired.

If I'm not mistaking, the visiting team has the winning record in the :au::uga: series, correct?

Yeah, the biggest if , is if AU can mustar up enough effort to beat UGA

I hear what ya sayin'. But as much as I love defending the way our team is playing, I just don't see us giving enough effort to beat a down-but-not-out UGA. UGA has more than just "let's not lose 5 in a row" going for them - they are now the laughingstock of the SEC by losing to two of the worst teams in the conference, I'd think they have more reasons to go out all out on us than we do on them.

Archived