My in depth analysis on the outcome......

TrojanTiger13

of the Iron Bowl(if anyone cares). I've been to a few UAT games this year(Duke, Ole Miss, and Hawaii) and have witnessed a few things first hand that I believe that will help us win the game.

1. Im sure by now we're all aware that Bamuh has a nice renovated stadium but let me be the first to tell you that it's still as quiet as a graveyard. As long as Auburn stays ahead or just stays within a TD those "diehard" bammers will stay silent until they feel the need to boo their players. So we need to jump on them early and send the tide nation home around the 3rd qtr.

2. John Parker Wilson is by far not the worse QB UAT has ever had but he isn't the best either, JPW has shown a habit of after a big hit(that he normally waits for) short hopping every pass from then on out so don't expect to get a lot INT's because the balls shouldn't be in the air long enough. He also has a bad habit(good for us) to just hurl the ball up and wish that it comes down in brown's or hall's hands, the problem is that this week is brown isn't certain to play.

3. Where do I start on Darby? He is a good runner until he get's hit and then everything goes down hill because he tip-toes to the line and can't find traction. IMO I think he's scared of getting injured and that should help Herring, Groves and the rest of the D out a lot.

4. Shula can call great plays but it's real predictable when he's going to call them and shouldn't make Muschamp's job to hard.

5. One side of UAT's O line is damn near rock solid with Andre Smith, Britt and Caldwell but the right side is lack luster to say the best as Stabler and Capps have found it hard to block anything.

6. Cox should have all day to throw because UAT ranks near the bottom in the SEC in sacks and it all begins with the sub-par play from their D Line. If Greenwood is on his game he will be the only person that I would worry about.

7. Now I come to the "one man" defensive backfield(Robinson) yes Simeon Castille has had a good many INT's this season but how many of them were earned on coverage? Castille is highly overrated and probably will not be covering Taylor at all because he gives HUGE cushions and about killed Bamuh's game against Hawaii because he couldn't cover any of Hawaii's WR corp. Mitchell, Dukes, and Carter all follow Castilles lead and the only DB that Bamuh has that is shutdown is Ramzee Robinson and I would advise Tubby and Borges not to test him.

8. IMO the biggest flaw is UAT's LB's. We've all heard it "9 out of 11 defensive starters gone" and I think that one stat is what will take us to victory just like in another thread I think that if we run the ball at Bamuh's Linebackers we will abuse them and they will give up 300 yards on the ground.

I think if the coaching staff attacks these weak areas the score should be......

:au: 31

:ua: 8

But if they don't it should be.....

:au: 24

:ua: 21

Either way I just don't believe that they can beat us BUT we can beat ourselves!

War Eagle and look for me this Sat I'll be the guy in the loud blue blazer and orange shirt sporting the orange AU under armour hat.

"Either way I just don't believe that they can beat us BUT we can beat ourselves!"

I think that is the key, here is the obvious Auburn needs to score first.

uat's first play will probably be a long pass of some sort, or qb draw.

The best way to keep uat in the game, turnovers and stupid drive killing penalties by :au:

"Either way I just don't believe that they can beat us BUT we can beat ourselves!"

The best way to keep uat in the game, turnovers and stupid drive killing penalties by :au:

Bamar's first play will be a sack! :roflol:

:au::homer:

Bamar's first play will be a sack! :roflol:

:au::homer:

We can only hope.....does anyone know what the status is on their(Bamuh) center is? I saw that he went down against LSU but haven't heard anything since. and what about Keith Brown?

I heard Brown is out, no link just heard. Your points are great and I think you are right about us killing ourselves. We need fire and passion for this game and they better be prepared. I am excited WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!

Our defense is better than theirs, unless our O does repeated 3 & outs, in which case we'll get tired by the 4th quarter and it will look like the 4th quarter against Arky. After Tubs admitting he worked the players too hard the week of the UGA game, we'll have some fresh(er) legs for this game

AU keys (besides the obvious "no turnovers", etc):

- take the frickin' home crowd out of the game EARLY and again @ the beginning of the 2nd half. If Bama falls behind by 2 TDs or looks inept, they'll come down on Sheila like stink on...

-no drive-killing 10-15 yard losses on O (penalties, mis-execution, etc), we'll need EVERY yard in this game

- Every Bama pass that hits an AU defender in the hands MUST be an interception in this game. Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson will have the "welcome to the Ironbowl" butterflies and he'll make some mistakes we MUST capialize on.

- I honestly believe our DBs can give up 2 or 3 big plays and we still win. The key on D will be our LBs having their heads in the game

- Borges is too creative an O mind to not have something saved up for this game. Will Herring will be on a mission in this game, his last in an AU uni. Vaughn is unpredicatable in these high pressure games...and if our O is struggling it could come down to a FG. Ugh.

Archived