Bulletin Board Material

mattd

I hope the coaches kept some of the newspaper articles from Media Days. With all the comments from Darby and others about "breaking the thumb off" and "shoving the thumb up their asses", etc...It seemed like that's the only thing they talked about...as seniors I'm sure they are motivated about this last game...

I'm sure at this point Auburn would like to avoid another humiliating loss...at least make it a close game. I'm sure that's more than enough motivation.

I just want to know why I don't have to even watch the end of the first quarter to know when Auburn is going to lose a ballgame. Granted, we've only lost 2 games so far, but good grief, the way we've lost these couple of games is horrible. Seems like when we're "off", we might as well have not even showed up to play. :rolleyes:

I really hope next year's seniors can step up and do a better job of showing leadership than this year's group. :thumbsdown:

I'm sure at this point Auburn would like to avoid another humiliating loss...at least make it a close game. I'm sure that's more than enough motivation.

I just want to know why I don't have to even watch the end of the first quarter to know when Auburn is going to lose a ballgame. Granted, we've only lost 2 games so far, but good grief, the way we've lost these couple of games is horrible. Seems like when we're "off", we might as well have not even showed up to play. :rolleyes:

I really hope next year's seniors can step up and do a better job of showing leadership than this year's group. :thumbsdown:

Just a point here, BUT, this year's Senior class could possibly finish with 11 wins. They already have 9.

Be careful how you handle these situations. As for me, I am proud of these Seniors and this Team.

Onward and Upward!!!

WDE...Death to all that is DARK PINK ! ! !

Just a point here, BUT, this year's Senior class could possibly finish with 11 wins. They already have 9.

Be careful how you handle these situations. As for me, I am proud of these Seniors and this Team.

Onward and Upward!!!

WDE...Death to all that is DARK PINK ! ! !

Right on WarTim I to am more than proud of these Seniors and what they've accomplished. As for the ppl that think 10 or 11 win season is a bad season you can go jump on that sinking Bama ship for all I care.

I hope the coaches kept some of the newspaper articles from Media Days. With all the comments from Darby and others about "breaking the thumb off" and "shoving the thumb up their asses", etc...It seemed like that's the only thing they talked about...as seniors I'm sure they are motivated about this last game...

Did he really say that? I'm not doubting you. But I will say that while I'd love nothing more than for KD to run like the 'back he is on Saturday, there's just some things that you keep in the lockerroom. "Breaking the thumb off in their asses" is one of those very things. Yet, it does cut both ways... the whole "The thumb" talk orignated with your fans/coach. Both sides should "keep it down home, cuz" when it comes to UA/AU smack.

I personally do not believe that he said that exactly. He didn't say arsses that I remember but he did mention it. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Did he really say that? I'm not doubting you. But I will say that while I'd love nothing more than for KD to run like the 'back he is on Saturday, there's just some things that you keep in the lockerroom. "Breaking the thumb off in their asses" is one of those very things. Yet, it does cut both ways... the whole "The thumb" talk orignated with your fans/coach. Both sides should "keep it down home, cuz" when it comes to UA/AU smack.

I promise I'm not being smart-assed here. But I don't understand why "Fear the thumb" bothers SPUAT fans so. Why is that?

I promise I'm not being smart-assed here. But I don't understand why "Fear the thumb" bothers SPUAT fans so. Why is that?

It honestly doesn't bother me. To the victor goes the spoils... I know that if we win on Saturday I'll be on cloud nine. However, I think some fans just don't like the idea of their rival fans celebrating a win that hasn't even taken place.

And rightfully so. AU owns us right now. I don't blame you guys for being proud of your program's success. I know I would be thrilled if we won the Iron Bowl 4 straight years. Enjoy it while you can and don't let a few hypocrites detract from it. I know Bama fans would be shouting the same line if the shoe was on the other foot.

With that said, when Tommy Tuberville or Kenny Irons is pushing the slogan, it does hit home a little harder and especially gets the attention of Alabama's team. You're absolutely right about our guys being fired up for Saturday's game... yet, I just want us to let our performance on the field do the talking and not useless pre-game smack. I'm hoping somebody was misunderstood about Darby's PUBLIC comments. If not, then keep in the lockerroom, KD.

Oh heck I don't remember exactly that's why I said I hope they have some of those articles.....but it was something to that effect. I may have even been one of the DB's but I know they are talking about it. My cousin is on AL's team, and they have been spewing about it since last week in meetings.

Yea, you can kind of smell it in the air. I knew when the ole' ball and chain & I pulled into Auburn.

Numa, pm me.

I don't know about the "arse" part but Darby definitely made a comment about the thumb. He said he wasn't even thinking about it. By duh.....he was.

The thumb has been a burr on the bama's butt for a year. Few things have gotten to them as much. They belittle it and say it shows lack of class. But I didn't hear one bammer saying anything negative when Bryant said "the cow college will never beat us again."

And they think rammer jammer is cute to. They can dish it out but have to spin hell out of it when the shoe is on the other foot.

I don't know about the "arse" part but Darby definitely made a comment about the thumb. He said he wasn't even thinking about it. By duh.....he was.

The thumb has been a burr on the bama's butt for a year. Few things have gotten to them as much. They belittle it and say it shows lack of class. But I didn't hear one bammer saying anything negative when Bryant said "the cow college will never beat us again."

And they think rammer jammer is cute to. They can dish it out but have to spin hell out of it when the shoe is on the other foot.

PT, you're EXACTLY RIGHT!!! They can dish but can't take it. When I lived in Oklahoma I used to think the Sooners were whiney babies. Oh, man!!! :ua: are definitely national champions when it comes to whining!!!

If they hadn't made such a big deal about CTT holding up 4 fingers, "Fear the Thumb" would never had been a big deal. For the people who do "Rammer Jammer", the people who won't refer to Auburn by name, and the people who refer to Auburn as "cow college" to call anyone else classless is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black.

PT, you're EXACTLY RIGHT!!! They can dish but can't take it. When I lived in Oklahoma I used to think the Sooners were whiney babies. Oh, man!!! :ua: are definitely national champions when it comes to whining!!!

If they hadn't made such a big deal about CTT holding up 4 fingers, "Fear the Thumb" would never had been a big deal. For the people who do "Rammer Jammer", the people who won't refer to Auburn by name, and the people who refer to Auburn as "cow college" to call anyone else classless is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black.

1. I agree. But it also didn't help for him to wear the shirt in Orlando. Scarbinsky and Co were actually the driving train behind this whole deal.

2. People who won't refer to Auburn by name? You mean, "UAT", "SPUAT", or "Bammer" fans? The pot and kettle are close, close pals on this matter.

I didn't think it was very cool for CTT to wear that shirt in Orlando either. He is usually so reserved. I remember the many years Bama dominated us and never let us live it down, so why shouldn't we fans have fun while it lasts. Last time we won five in a row was in the 50's!

I didn't think it was very cool for CTT to wear that shirt in Orlando either. He is usually so reserved. I remember the many years Bama dominated us and never let us live it down, so why shouldn't we fans have fun while it lasts. Last time we won five in a row was in the 50's!

I agree. I wish that Bama could have had the success that AU has had over the past 4 years. I know I'd be celebrating too, AUArtlady!

this years Iron Bowl is going to be a war, there is a lot of bad blood this year and I think it will be a very physical game and I cant wait to see it

Archived