Florida: bid or no bid

AU!

Assuming Florida wins out and beats arky in the SECCG, do they jump BooSC for a bid in the NC or do we have to watch BooSC play another crappy NC game and get their tails whipped back to laguna beach?

Yea. that is what the talking heads want so that means I am pulling for USC to beat ND and Cal or UCLA to beat USC. That should make a nice little package for the SEC.

As good as Arkansas is playing right now, if they win out and USC wins out, USC deserves the bid over the Hogs. USC destroyed Arkansas in Arkansas.

Florida, that's a tougher call. Florida has had a tougher road, but they have not looked impressive the last few weeks.

ND hasn't played anybody. No way they deserve a shot.

I like the scenario where Cal beats USC, USC beats ND, then the winner of the SECCG beats the winner of the Ohio St.-Michigan game.

As good as Arkansas is playing right now, if they win out and USC wins out, USC deserves the bid over the Hogs. USC destroyed Arkansas in Arkansas.

Florida, that's a tougher call. Florida has had a tougher road, but they have not looked impressive the last few weeks.

I like the scenario where Cal beats USC, USC beats ND, then the winner of the SECCG beats the winner of the Ohio St.-Michigan game.

I just don't see Cal beating USC. Is anybody else sick of seeing USC in the MNC game? I know I am.

The idea of an OSU-Mich rematch sucks. I really hope one of the teams wins by at least ten so we can put that kind of talk away.

As far as being sick of USC, yeah, I'm kind of tired of them, but they have pulled their own weight in the big games. Won in 2003 and 2004 and last year's game was an all-time classic, so I'm not as sick of them as I was of Oklahoma who kept getting chances and blowing them...

The idea of an OSU-Mich rematch sucks. I really hope one of the teams wins by at least ten so we can put that kind of talk away.

As far as being sick of USC, yeah, I'm kind of tired of them, but they have pulled their own weight in the big games. Won in 2003 and 2004 and last year's game was an all-time classic, so I'm not as sick of them as I was of Oklahoma who kept getting chances and blowing them...

I agree with you. In addition to that, I don't necessarily see USC getting blown out by OSU or MU. I do think NDU would get blown out. Also, for those of us who want a plus one scenario, the best way to get this would be to have a one loss florida get left out for a one loss USC. the florida fans, and the rest of the SEC will be up in arms if they don't make it. People can say that florida has had a few bad games, but who hasn't? WHen the guys on ESPN make this point it makes them look ignorant. You can't say, "oh well florida has struggled so USC should go" because USC struggled with WSU, UW, AZ St, etc. Controversy is what I am really hoping for. 1 team will get to play the winner of the game this weekend, and hopefully Rutgers is undefeated, UF or Arky has 1 loss, and the loser this weekend will have 1 loss. How do you choose? And then I want a blowout, like the 2004 game when people should have been saying, oh crap, Oklahoma wasn't as good as AUburn, maybe there is something wrong with the system.

I am NOT rooting for UF to play for the NC game.

I am praying Ark wins the SEC or UF gets screwed

I'm with SLink on this one. I'll take anyone, even usc or nd or um/osu loser over uf. I do not want to see any thing good happen to the urban legend or his merry band of trash talkers and walkers.

It will be tough for Rutgers to win out but if they do, they HAVE to be seriously considered. I know most folks aren't crazy about the Big East, but it is a BSC conference.

If USC wins out they have a good argument.

ND doesn't belong, regardless of their record at the end of this year. :puke::thumbsdown:

A rematch is a tough one to swallow, but...

Re. Arky getting hammered early by USC: remember, when the Univ. of Miami jumped from #4 to #1 in 1983 to get the MNC over our #3 team that won the Sugar Bowl, UM had lost their first game of the year AT HOME 31-3...to a very average UF team (uh, a UF team we beat that year).

Point is, don't assume the human poll will have ANY logic to it. Historically, it rarely does. The "oh well, they lost early" crap will rear it's ugly head if the pollsters "like" Arky more than USC. Interstingly enough, USC hammered Bama in '78 in Tuscaloser, but had to share that MNC w/ the Tahd because...you guessed it...Bama's drubbing "came early in the season."

I just don't see Cal beating USC. Is anybody else sick of seeing USC in the MNC game? I know I am.

I actually like USC a little. But, I dont think they deserve the chance to play in the NC. I think if UF wins out, they should go. I dont think RU should play in the NC. I realize they have played Louisville, but I doubt they will beat WVU. Besides Louisville and eventually WVU, who else have they played? Pitt?......oh yea thats a tough one! UF plays in the toughest area, they played a very tough road schedule and I just like them better than Arky. Hopefully UF wins out and goes to the NC. In the end though, it wont matter. OSU isnt going to lose this year.

Archived