If Shula gets ONE more year,

JohnDeere

With the rumor mill on fire, the UATers are saying Moore has not issued a statement due to the fact they are contacting the "BIG NAME" coaches right now and when they get their guy, they will make a statement on Monday or Tuesday. (They learned their lesson to keep who they contact quiet less they face the public embarrassment of rejection.) And if they can't get the "BIG NAME" guy, then they will issue a statment Monday saying CMS is staying on for another year. (Then what does CMS have to do in 07 to keep the job?)

Now, look at the practical side of this, how can any of CMS's assts seriously recruit a kid when asked who will be my position coach in 07 or beyond?

IMHO this whole rumor fire has set their program back another year. I believe this little 72 hour rumour mill will at LEAST steers 10-11 in-state recruits away from UAT.

Another thing...I haven't heard one talking head or newspaper guy tag this whole incident with some catchy term...i.e. jetgate..IMHO this is twice as bad as jetgate. Whats the difference, except nobody can preciously say where the UAT jets have been and why?

With the rumor mill on fire, the UATers are saying Moore has not issued a statement due to the fact they are contacting the "BIG NAME" coaches right now and when they get their guy, they will make a statement on Monday or Tuesday. (They learned their lesson to keep who they contact quiet less they face the public embarrassment of rejection.) And if they can't get the "BIG NAME" guy, then they will issue a statment Monday saying CMS is staying on for another year. (Then what does CMS have to do in 07 to keep the job?)

Now, look at the practical side of this, how can any of CMS's assts seriously recruit a kid when asked who will be my position coach in 07 or beyond?

IMHO this whole rumor fire has set their program back another year. I believe this little 72 hour rumour mill will at LEAST steers 10-11 in-state recruits away from UAT.

Another thing...I haven't heard one talking head or newspaper guy tag this whole incident with some catchy term...i.e. jetgate..IMHO this is twice as bad as jetgate. Whats the difference, except nobody can preciously say where the UAT jets have been and why?

Well, it doesn't roll of the tongue as easily, but given the people involved and the history of the powers-that-be in Tuscaloosa, "business-as-usual-gate" is certainly appropriate.

I agree, barring a surprize announcement of a big name (and I think it's probably safe to assume the big names have already turned them down or they'd have already announced it), their recruiting should take a hit. They've already got quite a few commits, however, if they can hold on to 'em. And I don't think they had too many schollies to give this year. (not because of sanctions, which are over, but just because they're near the limit.)

SSDDGate sounds good.

I agree with quiet that it probably will not hurt the recruiting they have already done, but guys who were on the bubble before this happened will most likely looke harder elsewhere now. The biggest reason is that they will be too busy re-recruiting the guys who have already publically committed to do as much recruiting of others as they would like.

What this could do; however, is hurt the recruiting for next year moreso. Especially if Shula still hasn't beaten LSU or Auburn and still hasn't come from behind in the 4th quarter to beat anyone. Shula will in effect be a lame duck coach at the beginning of the year, and can only get worse if they don't finish with at least 9 wins and beat at least one of their big rivals next year.

Delaying their decision on Shula will most certainly have a negative impact on recruiting. Remember the "jetgate" catastrophe? Recruits want to know WHO their coach is going to be and most want to be assured that the coach will be there all of their four or five years. You will see some defections as signing day nears although some of that is normal anyway as immature young players change their minds due to pressure. Bama has an uphill battle already and this situation is not going to help t hings at all. We need to capitalize on this situation to the full extent that we can. They would do the same t o us.! :cheer::au::thumbsup:

Archived