Bama Wants/Wanted Saban...

DKW 86

WVU scored the first 28 points, and never lost the lead.

Steve Slaton finished the game with 200 plus rushing yards and the team total was over 300.

Was Nall forced on CTT? No. He hired him.

And yes, I agree that CTT is a better coach than Shula. But I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could say "Who needs Bryant when we've got Tuberville!" Wow... someone needs therapy.

Show me anyone who has said that. Anyone? I know I haven't.

I never said Tuberville was perfect. But he's pretty damn good and he is getting better.

I'd take any living breathing human over a rotted out corpse.

And for all of you bama folks thinking Auburn folks would be scared to death of Saban as coach, unlike Bama, CTT has beaten him and his system before. We would do it again.

I think our recent woes have created a false sense of faith in your own coach. The truth is, I don't think CTT is a great coach and I'm not afraid to say it. Honestly, he's been recruiting one of the most talent rich states in the nation by himself prior to last year. He started off 1-2 against Alabama before we tanked. He lost anything he ever had in my eyes when he went 7-4 with Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, Jason Campbell, Junior Rosegreen, and some of those great LBs you had a couple of years ago... Wow, what a coach!

As for us- watch out for Rich Rodreiguez's possible hiring. The UA plane was in Morgantown, WV yesterday. What else is there in Morgantown, WV?

I don't understand the recruiting thing and being by himself. Auburn has carried more out of state players than players from Alabama for years, look at this years class a majority of the class is from the state of Florida and he is hardly recruiting that by himself. He has hardly been recruiting Georgia by himself also, I know that 35 of our scholarship players last year were from the state of Georgia.

Secondly were we not told years ago by the Alabama faithful that it didn't matter, all the top athletes in the state would want to and go to Alabama because it was Alabama?

03 was a dissappointment, but lets not forget that 3 of those losses came to teams that finished in the top 5 with two of them being awarded NC's. He has a great record vs teams ranked in the top 10 (can't remember what it is atm but sure someone can). Also since 2004 only Texas and Southern California have won more games than Auburn. He also lost all those players you mentioned and still won 9 games.

WVU scored the first 28 points, and never lost the lead.

Steve Slaton finished the game with 200 plus rushing yards and the team total was over 300.

Yes, what is embarrassing that they beat us? You make it seem like they beat us by 30

The UT game this year in embarrassing....Vandy...Kentucky...don't think last year's loss was embarrassing

The way people re-write that game, we never had a chance to ever win it. Damn that fake punt....Shockley was going to lead us down that field...ugh, nevermind

I think our recent woes have created a false sense of faith in your own coach. The truth is, I don't think CTT is a great coach and I'm not afraid to say it. Honestly, he's been recruiting one of the most talent rich states in the nation by himself prior to last year. He started off 1-2 against Alabama before we tanked. He lost anything he ever had in my eyes when he went 7-4 with Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, Jason Campbell, Junior Rosegreen, and some of those great LBs you had a couple of years ago... Wow, what a coach!

As for us- watch out for Rich Rodreiguez's possible hiring. The UA plane was in Morgantown, WV yesterday. What else is there in Morgantown, WV?

Could I interest you in a game of Hide and Go Hang Yourself?

The 7-4 disaster was a function of a failed OC experiment more than anything.

What does the miserable state of your program have to do with us beating LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Georgia and others over the past few years? I'll give you a hint, not a damn thing.

And don't start all the "Well, you wouldn't have gotten the players if we hadn't been on probation." Facts are that Auburn and Alabama rarely go head to head for the same players. We might have picked up a blue chipper or two every year, but that also goes for Florida, Tennessee and LSU. Guess what, that's what probation is all about. Punishing those teams that flaunt the rules.

Face it, even if our coach isn't that great, it beats what you have for at least one more year.

And yes, I agree that CTT is a better coach than Shula. But I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could say "Who needs Bryant when we've got Tuberville!" Wow... someone needs therapy.

Only time will tell that. You can't say their won't be another coach in the future better than the bear. And you can't say that that coach won't be Tubbs. You can only know that when Tubbs is done coaching so until then keep your lame bear stories to yourself. I guess I could say, "The truth is I don't think the bear was that great of a coach because in 1962 he lost a game with Joe Namath as his QB." That would just be stupid. Don't be a hater man and learn to give people the credit they deserve. Tubbs is a good catch whether you like him or not don't say stupid **** like I don't think he's good. He wouldn't be winning if he wasn't. That's just a lame statement :no:

And you say he's only beaten you since you guys tanked... hmmm last year I remember ya'll were 10-2??? And we pretty much slapped you in the face. :au: WDE! :puke::ua::thumbsup:

no they were back...no they weren't......they were back......no they weren't...

I get confused on which one it is this week. Can someone refresh my memory?

They are back. Well, except for the fact that probation is still hurting their recruiting.

But they ARE back. If they had any Senior leadership that is. Well, I mean good Seniors. But they are back.

And we're gonna be back, back on top. We're gonna kick the stuffin outta...well, you know the rest.

good coach or no, bama back or not, tubby and auburn OWN alabama. period. he lost to an sec championship alabama team a year after taking over a train wreck and lost a flukey unprepared game in 2001 that made him more focused. other than that? all wins, 4 of which came in his house (you know bryant-tubby?). i'd call him a good coach if i were a bama fan... b/c if he isn't, that means an "average" coach is holding your leash.

Saban's salary is expected to average between $4 million and $5 million a season

How did Bama expect to compete with that kind of salary?

Didn't you hear, Bama rolls 5 deep in the checkbook position!

Correction ... 4 deep.

What does the miserable state of your program have to do with us beating LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Georgia and others over the past few years? I'll give you a hint, not a damn thing.

And don't start all the "Well, you wouldn't have gotten the players if we hadn't been on probation." Facts are that Auburn and Alabama rarely go head to head for the same players. We might have picked up a blue chipper or two every year, but that also goes for Florida, Tennessee and LSU. Guess what, that's what probation is all about. Punishing those teams that flaunt the rules.

Face it, even if our coach isn't that great, it beats what you have for at least one more year.

i absolutely cannot believe you people are still thumping his casket after TWENTY-FOUR YEARS. it is so unbelievably pitiful that the bama nation thinks the world is still playing catch-up to them when the actuality of the matter is that the world, save those over 50 or in central alabama, does NOT respect alabama anymore. respect for your past winnings is due, yes. continually using something you did several decades ago as a talking point for why you still deserve respect in the college football world is asinine and delusional. who needs bryant period? our coach, who you claim is nothing better than decent, has been thumping that crimson ass for 5 years now. do you REALLY have room to dog his credentials, in light of your current bitch-of-the-state standing? good thing you chumps don't play troy and uab. you might have to worry about being FOURTH instead of just second.

i absolutely cannot believe you people are still thumping his casket after TWENTY-FOUR YEARS. it is so unbelievably pitiful that the bama nation thinks the world is still playing catch-up to them when the actuality of the matter is that the world, save those over 50 or in central alabama, does NOT respect alabama anymore. respect for your past winnings is due, yes. continually using something you did several decades ago as a talking point for why you still deserve respect in the college football world is asinine and delusional. who needs bryant period? our coach, who you claim is nothing better than decent, has been thumping that crimson ass for 5 years now. do you REALLY have room to dog his credentials, in light of your current bitch-of-the-state standing? good thing you chumps don't play troy and uab. you might have to worry about being FOURTH instead of just second.

...thumping his casket... :lmao:

... that crimson ass... :rollin:

...bitch-of-the-state ... :roflol:

:hail::hail::hail:

...thumping his casket... :lmao:

... that crimson ass... :rollin:

...bitch-of-the-state ... :roflol:

:hail::hail::hail:

:roflol:

You say that you don't understand how anyone in their right mind could say "Who needs Bryant when we're got Tuberville?" Hey, you have a problem. You actually think a dead guy is better than Tuberville, therefore I suppose you think Shula is better than Tuberville. NOT!

Yada, yada, yada, the coach "we" wanted (not me I will add) just beat the crap out of Rodriquez. So go ahead and get another coach who can't win the big one.

I will add that you must be really hard up for something to do in Tuscalooser when you start arguments on an Auburn board you know you can't win. What's that big word they use....masochist? :big:

Archived