Republican travels to Iran and denies Holocaust

TexasTiger

The conference was inspired by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who since coming to power in August 2005 has sparked international condemnation with comments referring to the Holocaust as a "myth" and calling Israel a "tumour".

Among the participants was U.S. academic David Duke, a former Louisiana Republican Representative. He praised Iran for hosting the event.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...ec=Worldupdates

You can add former Democrat & Populilst Party member too. Link

... In 1975, Duke sought a seat in the Louisiana State Senate as a Democrat. In 1988, he ran in the Democratic Party primary for President of the United States. After a poor showing in the Democratic primaries, he appeared on many state ballots as the nominee of the Populist Party and received 47,047 votes in the 1988 general election. Trenton Stokes of Arkansas was Duke's running mate.[citation needed]

Challenging John Treen

In December 1988, he switched political affiliation from Democratic to Republican.

In 1989, he ran as a Republican for a seat representing Metairie in the Louisiana State House of Representatives. He defeated fellow Republican John Treen, the brother of David C. Treen, the first Republican to be elected governor of Louisiana since Reconstruction, by a narrow margin of 51-49 percent. Duke's victory came despite visits to the district in support of John Treen's candidacy by President George H.W. Bush, former President Ronald Reagan, and other GOP notables. ...

You can add former Democrat & Populilst Party member too. Link

... In 1975, Duke sought a seat in the Louisiana State Senate as a Democrat. In 1988, he ran in the Democratic Party primary for President of the United States. After a poor showing in the Democratic primaries, he appeared on many state ballots as the nominee of the Populist Party and received 47,047 votes in the 1988 general election. Trenton Stokes of Arkansas was Duke's running mate.[citation needed]

Challenging John Treen

In December 1988, he switched political affiliation from Democratic to Republican.

In 1989, he ran as a Republican for a seat representing Metairie in the Louisiana State House of Representatives. He defeated fellow Republican John Treen, the brother of David C. Treen, the first Republican to be elected governor of Louisiana since Reconstruction, by a narrow margin of 51-49 percent. Duke's victory came despite visits to the district in support of John Treen's candidacy by President George H.W. Bush, former President Ronald Reagan, and other GOP notables. ...

Yeah, but he never found success until he became a Republican. Then he fired up the base!

Keyword - FORMER. Funny how you omit that tiny detail.

Former representative, which was not omitted from my post. Who says he's a former Republican?

I have to laugh at the use of the term US academic per Dukes. He was a state Rep, but the GOP never embraced him as one of their own. It's the selective nature of your post which I find suspect.

Well, when you then add he is from Louisiana, it all makes sense. Hell they elect known felons etc. down there. Just look at Edwin Edwards and Mr. $90K in his fridge, Both Dems btw...as WAS Dukes, as IS Byrd.

Like Alabama has been known for innovative and great politicians. Please.

Oh, we havent either, never said that.

Right after they clone bear and put him back up on the sidelines, they would clone George Wallace and put him back in the governors mansion.

Using David Duke as a representative of Republican party is like using Al Sharpton as a representative of the Democrat Party. Nice way to reference extremes.

Using David Duke as a representative of Republican party is like using Al Sharpton as a representative of the Democrat Party. Nice way to reference extremes.

As a wise man used to say, "You're so right, Carl."

As a wise man used to say, "You're so right, Carl."

I suspect Repub & Dem leaders alike would be just as happy if David Duke stayed in Iran! (A lot of people would shed no tears if Al Sharpton left the country, too.)

I've always wondered how people like Duke and his former(?) KKK buddies decide which minority to hate on any given day. Do they spin a wheel, draw straws, or roll dice? I can't see them tolerating Muslims any more than they tolerate Jews, Blacks, or Catholics.

I don't think they use hate as much as they push their own race to be above the others. It seems like hate to you because that is what you have been told it is. But when it's done by any of the minorities, its called solidarity. Now by no means am I backing the KKK, but what if someone did try to start a white only organization that stood up for white rights? It would not matter if they were the kindest most loving group in the world, they would still be labeled haters and race baiters.

Just using this instance to bring up an issue that gets me every time I hear the term "reverse-discrimination." Who is out there looking out for me, the white hetero-sexual male

Archived