So What Did Bama Really Get

AUesquire

Okay, just so it won't sound like sour grapes, I will acknowledge the fact that Nick $aban is a good coach. Bama hired a very good coach and I would imagine he will have some success there. Honestly, I didn't want to see him go there back when they first canned Effin' but after what has transpired over the last month, I'm not so sure anymore. Let's look at a few things:

The entire coaching search was an absolute joke. It was mishandled in every phase imaginable and it ended with what appears to be a desperate program crawling to Nick $aban time after time with more money, begging him to come.

Yes, I've heard all the comments about coaches saying one thing and doing another and I also accept that our very own CTT said he would not leave one program and then did so later. But Nicky took the art of lying to a new level. No one has to re-hash the last month and his emphatic denials about taking this job. Over and over and over..."I will NOT be the coach at Alabama". Just ask our LSU brethren about St. Nick's M.O. Just keepin it real I guess.

Wayne Hyshminger told reporters that he would allow Nicholas the night to think about his decision and they agreed to meet this morning at 10:00 to discuss it. From what I've seen so far, that didn't happen. It appears that Slick Nick didn't have the decency to face the man that gave him his NFL chance and paid him about $10 million or the Miami media or public that supported him and left town. Hey why meet? That's what cell phones are for. Again, find your nearest LSU fan to see if this is typical Nick.

Again, I tell you this guy is a good coach. He had a couple of very successful years at LSU. Actually, that's about it. He also averaged almost 4 losses a season and even got spanked by *cough...cough* UAB on his own home field. Right now, I ask an honest opinion on this. Is CNS a better coach than:

Urban Meyer...guess what. CUM is playing for a championship in his second year.

Mark Richt....Nope

Phillip Fulmer...Nope

Tommy Tuberville....let's check the head to head

Les Miles....well, maybe. The jury is out but there's no doubt the talent level is night and day between BR and Tuscaloosa.

Steve Spurrier....NO!

Dang, even Rich Brooks is starting to look pretty good. The bottom line is that I am thankful the circus is finally leaving town and we don't have to watch this soap opera anymore. Now we just have to get through the next few months of listening to how the Mullet nation will soon regain their rightful place among the elite of the football world. But I will reserve judgment until that first loss comes. I will also wait and see if Slick Nick stays over 2-3 years or if he lies his way into another job. Just try and temper your joy mullets by being honest and looking at the above list of coaches. Then think of Nicky's history of bolting for more money as soon as things get a little heated...and they will get hot. But then again, I don't think anyone in college football could offer more than what Bama is paying.

Apologies if this angle has been beaten to death in other threads... but we have his DC from his glory days, and FSU just hired his OC, correct?

And isn't it safe to assume that when those 2 guys leave their current positions, it will be for head coaching gigs? And not to work for CNS again?

I agree they got a pretty good coach. Probably not the world beater :ua: wants him to be but he will have some dgree of success. The whole procees of how they got him, how many others they went through first, and the way Nick handled it should put a damper on the crimson nation. Only, it seems they are the only one at the party who doesn't get the joke.

Wayne Hyshminger told reporters that he would allow Nicholas the night to think about his decision and they agreed to meet this morning at 10:00 to discuss it. From what I've seen so far, that didn't happen. It appears that Slick Nick didn't have the decency to face the man that gave him his NFL chance and paid him about $10 million or the Miami media or public that supported him and left town. Hey why meet? That's what cell phones are for. Again, find your nearest LSU fan to see if this is typical Nick.

Yeah uh...Wayne said he went over to $aban's house this morning.

CNS is a good coach that I will give the dark pink nation, however if they honestly think that most of the football world isn't laughing at them they are wrong. I have stayed quiet till now watching and laughing at how MM and the rest of the BOT has crawled on its collective belly lowering itself to the tactics of a common panhandler on the street with their pathetic cardboard sign begging a coach to come to a "once proud program". Any bama fan that thinks they are a proud program or even one of the nations respected any longer and the center of college football, will need to take head and remember the day they had to beg on hands a knees to get a coach, that turned them down 4 times before and who pimped them out of a ton of cash.

I am glad they got CNS, I want all our bama fans who are just so happy today to remember this in 3 years when he is 1-2 against Auburn or worse. Losing 60% of your games to Auburn while at LSU, with the talent LSU had at the time doesn’t sit real well for him coming to bama and "owning" us like they hope, the talent level at bama is far below that of LSU. It was a good day for bama they got out of this joke of a coaching search, but a better day for Auburn, we got to see our once proud rival on its knees begging CNS to come make them competitive with AUBURN again.

CNS is a good coach that I will give the dark pink nation, however if they honestly think that most of the football world isn't laughing at them they are wrong. I have stayed quiet till now watching and laughing at how MM and the rest of the BOT has crawled on its collective belly lowering itself to the tactics of a common panhandler on the street with their pathetic cardboard sign begging a coach to come to a "once proud program". Any bama fan that thinks they are a proud program or even one of the nations respected any longer and the center of college football, will need to take head and remember the day they had to beg on hands a knees to get a coach, that turned them down 4 times before and who pimped them out of a ton of cash.

I am glad they got CNS, I want all our bama fans who are just so happy today to remember this in 3 years when he is 1-2 against Auburn or worse. Losing 60% of your games to Auburn while at LSU, with the talent LSU had at the time doesn’t sit real well for him coming to bama and "owning" us like they hope, the talent level at bama is far below that of LSU. It was a good day for bama they got out of this joke of a coaching search, but a better day for Auburn, we got to see our once proud rival on its knees begging CNS to come make them competitive with AUBURN again.

Sorry...all i heard was blah blah blah.

All you people can turn on a dime cant you? For a month it was "you shouldnt have fired shula, youll never get anyone better than him". And how many times did you all basically call us idiots for thinking we could get $aban? How about you all constantly saying that it was just delusional fans perpetuating the rumor that $aban was interested.

Bottom line, I hope you enjoyed the shula/probation years. We have a coach now.

Listen I do think $aban is a much better coach then Mike Shula...and I think he is a better fit then Rodriquez....and I do think he went for the money, and I think he will do it again. However, here's something for uat to think about... $aban had pretty much unlimited resources at LSU (what do I mean by that) well I mean he had a whole state to himself...think about it who was he recruiting against in his own state? No one there is not one other powerhouse college team in Louisiana.

Do I think he can be successful at uat...yes will it be the success that the bama nation hopes for....I doubt it. Time will tell.

money2.jpg

BG, look at 518's pic of $aban. That about sums up what we're all laughing about. No one in their right mind doesn't think the guy can coach. You just had to pony up the most money paid to a coach in the history of college football to get this guy. And guess what...he said "NO" about a million times until you finally came up with enough millions.

Well, you've mortgaged the farm to get him. I hope he's worth it. He'd better be cause' you're stuck with him.

Sorry...all i heard was blah blah blah.

All you people can turn on a dime cant you? For a month it was "you shouldnt have fired shula, youll never get anyone better than him". And how many times did you all basically call us idiots for thinking we could get $aban? How about you all constantly saying that it was just delusional fans perpetuating the rumor that $aban was interested.

$aban played bama to get rich and it worked that’s the bottom line. I am sure he will win some games but you and your fan base when you realize he is not worth the coin you put up for him will be your own undoing. So warm up the excuses your so good at spinning now BG you will need them here before to long. How does it feel to have to beg and beg and still get turned down again and again till you can mortgage half of BDS to come up with the money it takes to get a coach to come? That’s the funny part "BOTTOM LINE"

PS we enjoyed your probation years and we are looking forward to your probation years to come. . . unless you spent up all your players fund to buy $aban. . .

Guest Tigrinum Major

You talk of us turning on a dime, yet you yourself were saying that Shula was a good coach not so many weeks ago. Now it was all the probation and Shula!

I heard that Connelly will be retained. Any truth to that?

You talk of us turning on a dime, yet you yourself were saying that Shula was a good coach not so many weeks ago. Now it was all the probation and Shula!

I heard that Connelly will be retained. Any truth to that?

Truly hope you were kidding about Connely.

I said Shula was a good coach at the first of the year. I think he's a decent Xs and Os guy. But Mikes inability to make adjustments within his staff has shown me that he wasnt the right guy.

I said after the AU game, if Shula would fire himself from calling the plays and move a few other assitants out the door...im all for him staying.

isn't all the hype just repeated after every coach hired @ bama.

we will win.....

just think we will have a national championship in ......

no we have a coach that can win......

kinda like a mad libs book. just put in a name every three - five years.

There is NOTHING negative about CNS coming.

This time two months ago, our coach was Mike Shula and we were two days away from getting spanked by :msu: at home. My, how things change.

He will no doubt do far better than Shula. Couldn't be worse, could it? If anyone cares, here's Bammer's schedule next year (with my predictions):

Sat, Sep 01 Western Carolina (Tuscaloosa)-----------W

Sat, Sep 08 Vanderbilt (Nashville, Tenn.)-------------W

Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas (Tuscaloosa)--------------------W

Sat, Sep 22 Georgia (Tuscaloosa)----------------------L

Sat, Sep 29 Florida State (Jacksonville, Fla).----------L

Sat, Oct 06 Houston (Tuscaloosa)----------------------W

Sat, Oct 13 Ole Miss (Oxford, Miss.)-------------------W

Sat, Oct 20 Tennessee (Tuscaloosa)-------------------W

Sat, Nov 03 LSU (Tuscaloosa)--------------------------L

Sat, Nov 10 Mississippi State (Starkville, Miss.)------W

Sat, Nov 17 Louisiana-Monroe (Tuscaloosa)-----------W

Sat, Nov 24 Auburn (Auburn, Ala.)---------------------L

8-4 season record.

I'm not sure there is NOTHING negative. Granted I haven't been glued to the tv but I've only heard one person on espn with good things to say. I know the state media will have nothing but praise but national media seems quite the opposite.

But... Give it a couple of days and things will settle and we can finally get back to talking football. Things are never as good or as bad as they first seem.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Truly hope you were kidding about Connely.

I said Shula was a good coach at the first of the year. I think he's a decent Xs and Os guy. But Mikes inability to make adjustments within his staff has shown me that he wasnt the right guy.

I said after the AU game, if Shula would fire himself from calling the plays and move a few other assitants out the door...im all for him staying.

I was kidding about the joke of an O line coach y'all had. If I were to hazard a guess, no one in the football organization is feeling very secure in their job right now, least of all an underperformer like Connelly.

This time two months ago, our coach was Mike Shula and we were two days away from getting spanked by :msu: at home. My, how things change.

NOTHING negative?

Oh well I guess to some people truth and integrity aren't positive values.

isn't all the hype just repeated after every coach hired @ bama.

we will win.....

just think we will have a national championship in ......

no we have a coach that can win......

kinda like a mad libs book. just put in a name every three - five years.

B-I-N-G-O!!!!!

All you people can turn on a dime cant you?

You of all people should recognize that ability. For months here you were Shula's most die hard jockey strap. You got sensitive at the slightest criticism of him here. In the end you turned on him like he was a POS.

So don't talk about anyone turning on a dime. Now you got what you wanted and you are fulfilling my prediction of how the typical bammer would react.

Enjoy your orgasms while you can before Tubs, Richt, Spurrier, Fullmer, and Meyer cut off your little grapes.

You of all people should recognize that ability. For months here you were Shula's most die hard sypporter. You gotr sensitive at the slightes criticism of hm here. In the end you turned on him like he was a POS.

So don't talk about anyone turning on a dime. Now you got what you wanted and you are fulfilling my prediction of how the typical bammer would react.

Enjoy your orgasms while you can before Tubs, Richt, Spurrier, Fullmer, and Meyer cut off your little grapes.

Please adjust your thread after reading my response above. Surely you can read.

I have fully explained my position on Mike Shula.

You of all people should recognize that ability. For months here you were Shula's most die hard sypporter. You gotr sensitive at the slightes criticism of hm here. In the end you turned on him like he was a POS.

Oh I can read very well. You didn't explain, you danced and spun. You talked about him calling the plays. You didn't mention other criticisms such as his decisions on players, etc. all that is OK, I'm just saying you shouldn't talk about anyone turning on a dime.

Oh I can read very well. You didn't explain, you danced and spun. You talked about him calling the plays. You didn't mention other criticisms such as his decisions on players, etc. All that is OK, I'm just saying you shouldn't talk about anyone turning on a dime.

Archived