So What Did Bama Really Get

AUesquire

It is a true John Kerry-esque position, BG.

"I supportd that coach before I wanted to get rid of him!"

Ironic since CTT is your coach.

What an absolute crock. There were rumblings for sure but the only ones that really wanted Tubby out were our meddling BOTs and Bobby from Homewood. The Auburn Nation flooded this man with overwhelming support and most of those in power that were sneaking around are no longer making decisions at Auburn.

What an absolute crock. There were rumblings for sure but the only ones that really wanted Tubby out were our meddling BOTs and Bobby from Homewood. The Auburn Nation flooded this man with overwhelming support and most of those in power that were sneaking around are no longer making decisions at Auburn.

Ok...how bout this one...do you think AU fans supported Bowden then turned on him?

Guest Tigrinum Major

WTF does that have to do with anything else? Because some of the people here wanted him hung before JetGate? Because of Jetgate? Because of his "pine box" comments, which I said earlier that he had taken heat for the last eight years, just as $aban will take heat for his denials now?

Certainly not because I ever changed my position on Tuberville. I wasn't a member here during the days of JetGate, but I have always been a Tuberville supporter.

I was calling you John Kerry, not your coach. Try to keep up.

You changed your position on Shula. Before he was fired: "He's a good coach, he just needs to give up playcalling duties."

After he was fired and $aban was hired: "Watch out! We have a "real" coach now!" Ok, ok, I paraphrased. I believe the actual quote was "hope you Auburn fans enjoyed the probation/shula years." Regardless, the implication was that Shula wasn't a good coach.

The differnece here is that we (Auburn) learned to get our BOT in check and UAT can't and will not.

Oh well I guess to some people truth and integrity aren't positive values.

Two words: pine box

You like to harp on the pine box thing don't you. Is that all you got? Tubs made a comment/lie to a couple of local Oxford reporters. He never said he wasn't going to Auburn by name. On the other hand $aban has lied for weeks on national TV and several time said he wasn't going to bama. Yet you can rationalize in your best bama tradition but if you read the papers or watch TV today you will see that $aban's lies aren't escaping the rest of the country.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Ok...how bout this one...do you think AU fans supported Bowden then turned on him?

I'll also go on the record and say that I never bought into Bowden. He was always quick to blame others while grabbing the glory for himself. Of course, internet message boards were not all the vogue back then, so you'll just have to call my relatives and friends to verify.

Did some fans do so? Of course. Fans are very short sighted. Doesn't make it right.

Ok..how bout this one...do you think that Alabama fans are alcoholics?

Just because a statement can be applied to a portion of the fanbase doesn't make it a universal truth.

Ok..how bout this one...do you think that Alabama fans are alcoholics?

No but I bet the percentage of inbreeding is higher.

Could anyone else in the country make a hire like CNS and still be laughed at? That's pretty unbelievable.

Would anyone else in the country have mortgaged the farm and crawled on the floor to beg a coach to come work for them? Doubt it. Bammer did nothing today to improve their current standing as a national laughingstock - they just added their new coach to the platform.

You of all people should recognize that ability. For months here you were Shula's most die hard sypporter. You gotr sensitive at the slightes criticism of hm here. In the end you turned on him like he was a POS.

So don't talk about anyone turning on a dime. Now you got what you wanted and you are fulfilling my prediction of how the typical bammer would react.

Enjoy your orgasms while you can before Tubs, Richt, Spurrier, Fullmer, and Meyer cut off your little grapes.

Please adjust your thread after reading my response above. Surely you can read.

I have fully explained my position on Mike Shula.

You are ridiculous , delusional and so full of it you stink.

A mere two weeks or so ago you were still saying shula was a better coach than tubs. That right there makes you a blind incompetent homer right off the bat.

Shula is a good x's and o's guy?????????????????? That's a joke. He barely held his oc job at tampa two years before they realized he was clueless. Too bad shula didn't realize he was clueless or he woulda let someone competent call the plays at bama. Their offense was extremely pathetic overall during his entire tenure. I know he's thankful to bama because it helped him show diddy he could get a job on his own. If not he might have been the qb coach at miami up until the very day his daddy dies.

Those who have been here the longest know you the best bg. You're full of it in a bill clinton spin it to fit the situation then convince yourself it's true kind of way.

Oh well, I've wasted enough breath for the entire year now.

Fair prediction.

I think the :arky: , :uga: , :ut: , and FLST.gif games are all very winnable.

There are really no SURE losses, either.

Agree, UA will probably just win every game for the next 5 years with NS

Fair prediction.

:roflol:

Fair prediction.

I never said that. We play all of those teams, with the exception of a rebuilding FSU in Jax, at home next season. None of the teams listed above really impressed me this season. We were a player or two away with a horrible coach while playing all of them on the road. Now, we'll be a year older, we'll have IMO, the best coach in the SEC, and we'll be playing most of the big games at home (AR, UGA, UT, LSU). For right now, 8-4 is my prediction and I'd be satisfied with that. 9-3 or better and I'm thrilled.

Fair prediction.

I never said that. We play all of those teams, with the exception of a rebuilding FSU in Jax, at home next season. None of the teams listed above really impressed me this season. We were a player or two away with a horrible coach while playing all of them on the road. Now, we'll be a year older, we'll have IMO, the best coach in the SEC, and we'll be playing most of the big games at home (AR, UGA, UT, LSU). For right now, 8-4 is my prediction and I'd be satisfied with that. 9-3 or better and I'm thrilled.

Honestly you think he's the best coach in the SEC? Based on his record before he left or the fact that he hasn't coached in the SEC for two years?

...we'll have IMO, the best coach in the SEC...

:no: What?! :no:

Not so fast my friend. Don't think so.

Oh wait, you did say IMO. I forget opinions can be WAY wrong and not based on fact or reality. Have at it.

Tell me why $aban is better than

Tommy Tuberville when TT has a winning record against him and has hammered his teams on more than one occasion.

Urban Meyer who was undefeated his last year at Utah and is playing for a MNC in his second year at UF.

Phillip Fulmer who is the winningest coach in the SEC over the last decade and has a MNC beside his name too.

Steve Spurrier who....must I go there.

Mark Richt who I'd put up against any coach in this conference

Les Miles...did you watch last night?

Remember, CNS only had one magical year at LSU where he didn't lose at least 3 games. Again, please tell me why $aban (Who failed MISERABLY as the Dolphins coach) is the best coach in the SEC.

Archived