Mike Ditka on $aban

Proud Tiger

The bammers are saying that all the negative stuff about $aban is coming fron jealous Aubies. But hear this.

In USA Today, Mike Ditka was quoted as saying "I don't understand why Alabanma would want him. he's gonna be hard pressed to win big there. I mean, it's not like Bear Bryant is still there for God's sake. $aban left a great job for an average job. The lying really bothers me. The guy said he had no interest in the job and in the meantime he and his agent were negotiating the whole time."

Last time I checked, Ditka isn't an Aubie. I could fill a page with negative quotes from around the country about $aban. Heck an old boss in California (not even a grad of an SEC school) even sent me an e-mail yesterday saying "They are going to pay $aban $4M a year? You have to be kidding."

jealous??, Isn't Tommy Tuberville the coach of the Auburn Tigers?

For all of you who wanted uat to have a winning program be prepared to hear the most

arrogant, hate inspired, superior thinking than anyone, fan base on the planet.

Humility, good sportsmanship, intelligent thinking and class does not exist in large numbers at the crapstone.

You guys are completely consumed with this stuff. You guys have won 5 games in a row, are clearly in position to make that 6 or 7. You guys are coming off an 11-2 season. You guys have won 50 games in the last 5 years. You guys are putting up another great recruiting class.

What does it matter who we hired as a coach? What does it matter what everyone in the entire world says about our new coach?

This board is quickly becoming ITAT....without the babe threads.

So leave argo, we won't miss you if you feel that way.

This is an AU board and we talk about what interests us about AU WHILE WE ARE HERE.

We are only obsessed with this as it relates to AU and our biggest rival.

It's not like it's an important part of our lives or anything.

It is, for now, one of the biggest things going on that relates to AU.

If that bothers you, once again, leave.

You guys are completely consumed with this stuff. You guys have won 5 games in a row, are clearly in position to make that 6 or 7. You guys are coming off an 11-2 season. You guys have won 50 games in the last 5 years. You guys are putting up another great recruiting class.

What does it matter who we hired as a coach? What does it matter what everyone in the entire world says about our new coach?

This board is quickly becoming ITAT....without the babe threads.

So why do you come here to read all this "garbage?"

The bammers are saying that all the negative stuff about $aban is coming fron jealous Aubies. But hear this.

In USA Today, Mike Ditka was quoted as saying "I don't understand why Alabanma would want him. he's gonna be hard pressed to win big there. I mean, it's not like Bear Bryant is still there for God's sake. $aban left a great job for an average job. The lying really bothers me. The guy said he had no interest in the job and in the meantime he and his agent were negotiating the whole time."

Last time I checked, Ditka isn't an Aubie. I could fill a page with negative quotes from around the country about $aban. Heck an old boss in California (not even a grad of an SEC school) even sent me an e-mail yesterday saying "They are going to pay $aban $4M a year? You have to be kidding."

Ditka is really good friends with Don Shula. Case closed.

Why are you on an Auburn message board? Why do you care what Auburn fans think about your coach? Most Bammer message boards that I know of dont even allow Auburn fans to post on their boards. At least Bammers get to post on this board

This is an AU board and we talk about what interests us about AU WHILE WE ARE HERE.

No need to leave, I'm not around that much as it is. Either way. If you guys enjoy being consumed with all things Bama, don't let me stop you, and don't whine when people tell you ya'll are jealous.

It's obvious this isn't the same AUnation it once was.

Case closed? So you are Matlock now? So what do you have to say about guys like Jimmy Johnson that I heard on Mike and Mike In the Morning that did not speak too highly of $aban? What about all the media outlets outside the state of Alabama that are slamming UAT and $aban? Are they all friends of Don Shula also?

BG3, you are so full of yourself dude. Yeah, Mike Ditka don't know squat and you do. :rolleyes:

Ok...so on NFL live today...there were like 7 guys who said it was a good move for $aban AND for Bama. Ditka was the only dope that was slamming the move.

Why no mention of the other guys?

Why does the lying come as a surprise to everyone all of a sudden? College coaches are businessmen in way and have been doing it for quite a while now. I mean Tuberville did the EXACT same thing before he came to Auburn...it's part of the territory these days. Get over it.

Why does the lying come as a surprise to everyone all of a sudden? College coaches are businessmen in way and have been doing it for quite a while now. I mean Tuberville did the EXACT same thing before he came to Auburn...it's part of the territory these days. Get over it.

Have you not read all of our posts comparing to what CTT said and what $aban said? Apparently not. It is not about they coach speak, but the point that $aban specifically said that he was not going to coach at UAT. It was about him having a press conference on all the offseason things he was going to work on with the Dolphins and then having a meeting an hour later with Mal Moore. CTT never made the comment that he was not coming to AU. He did do the normal coach speech, but just about every coach across the country that has chimed in about this has stated the $aban made the mistake of specifically saying he was not going to a specific school.

Ok...so on NFL live today...there were like 7 guys who said it was a good move for $aban AND for Bama. Ditka was the only dope that was slamming the move.

Yeah, Mike Ditka is a dope. He does not know nothing. :rolleyes: Go back to drinking your kool-aid. BTW...those guys said it was not a bad move for him, but nobody said they agreed with the way he did it. I watched the same thing BG3, but nice try at trying to make it sound like they were praising $aban.

No need to leave, I'm not around that much as it is. Either way. If you guys enjoy being consumed with all things Bama, don't let me stop you, and don't whine when people tell you ya'll are jealous.

Well, if you're going to revert to the schoolchild tactics of, "you're just jealous" then it's a really good thing that you're not around much.

Of course thats not any worse than you whining about what is being talked about on an Auburn board.

The truth is that nick $aban looks slimy to many people for the way he has handled this whole thing and the turd nation has looked slimy for years now. Not all Alabama fans just most of them.

We do enjoy talking about it. If that bothers you then it makes us feel really good inside. The more you whine like a beeeotch and throw a tantrum and go on about how AUnation has changed the more we giggle at your idiocy.

It really surprises me when bammers on this board get all sensitive when we start slamming UAT. I guess they expect us to drink the UAT kool-aid and respect their "tradishun". They act shocked because we do not worship The Bahr.

Unlike most bammer boards, we tolerate the rival posters, even when they spew nothing but bs on this board. Instead of banning them from the board like a UAT board would do, we give it right back to them. Yet BG3 expects us to bow down at his infinite wisdom.

Good god, Mike Ditka talking about lying is like Bill Clinton talking about how to stay faithful to someones wife.

But, with that said...I do semi-agree with what he said...

Cuz they're wrong?

Well, if you're going to revert to the schoolchild tactics of, "you're just jealous" then it's a really good thing that you're not around much.

Of course thats not any worse than you whining about what is being talked about on an Auburn board.

The truth is that nick $aban looks slimy to many people for the way he has handled this whole thing and the turd nation has looked slimy for years now. Not all Alabama fans just most of them.

We do enjoy talking about it. If that bothers you then it makes us feel really good inside. The more you whine like a beeeotch and throw a tantrum and go on about how AUnation has changed the more we giggle at your idiocy.

Show me where I called any of you guys jealous. I never said it. I know where Auburn football is right now, and I know there is nothing to be jealous of. I referenced the jealous remark to ProudTiger who's initial post was about Bama fans saying you guys are jealous. I didn't say it. I said, if you want to be entirely consumed with Bama talk to the point of having to create another forum for all of it, don't make posts whining about Bama fans calling you jealous.

I'm not throwing a tantrum. I'm not even calling names. Giggle all you want. You guys are the ones having to create a rival Bama forum, to keep the Bama talk off the main forum. That itself says enough.

Ah the rationalization goes on. I can give you a lot of similar quotes from people who have no connections with bama or the Dolphins. Face it, bama is screwed on the national media scene and the only way you can avoid it is to stick your head where the sun don't shine.

How about this example---"speaking of Nick $aban, the eternally restless coach.....quickly becoming to football what Larry Brown is in basketball...has no personal, moral or ethical credibility left in his pocket. Near the end of another season of coaching carousel madness, $aban has exceeded all of his colleagues....in the pros and the NCAA.....as a flat out liar who leaves organizations in the lurch."

--From FoxSports.com by Matthew Zemck

OK Argo, here's where you very much implied that Auburn fans are jealous of bama. By the way, I'm as jealous of bama as Rosie is of Donald Trump :cheer:

This is probably the biggest problem $puat has. They do not care what people think outside of the state of Alabama or possibly just Tuscalooser (arrogance, denial of reality). National perception goes a long way now as we all know. Until they wake up and run their program properly and continue to have to get on their knees with money bags to beg coaches to lead their program and screwing other coaches out of possible HC positions (BOT of $puat), etc., they will continue to be mediocre with a good season mixed in here and there.

Ah the rationalization goes on. I can give you a lot of similar quotes from people who have no connections with bama or the Dolphins. Face it, bama is screwed on the national media scene and the only way you can avoid it is to stick your head where the sun don't shine.

How about this example---"speaking of Nick $aban, the eternally restless coach.....quickly becoming to football what Larry Brown is in basketball...has no personal, moral or ethical credibility left in his pocket. Near the end of another season of coaching carousel madness, $aban has exceeded all of his colleagues....in the pros and the NCAA.....as a flat out liar who leaves organizations in the lurch."

This is probably the biggest problem $puat has. Their arrogance and denial of reality blind them. They do not care what anyone else outside of the state of Alabama or possibly just Tuscalooser thinks. e all know national perception means alot, especially right now. If they continue this behaivor and have to go get on their knees with money bags to get someone to lead their program and continue to screw good assisstant coaches out of HC jobs (JF) they will continue to be mediocre with a good season mixed in here and there.

Sorry about the goof on my prior post

Archived