Mustain leaving Ark?

Defense(clap clap)

Hope this hasn't already been dissected and I missed it, but according to the Arkansas Democrat Gazzette Mustain has asked for his transfer out of hawgland. What in the heck is going on in hawgland? Thoughts, ideas, difference -maker down the road? Talk amongst yourselves, Nut is feeling very "veklempt" right about now. War Eagle!!

Hope this hasn't already been dissected and I missed it, but according to the Arkansas Democrat Gazzette Mustain has asked for his transfer out of hawgland. What in the heck is going on in hawgland? Thoughts, ideas, difference -maker down the road? Talk amongst yourselves, Nut is feeling very "veklempt" right about now. War Eagle!!

There have been several posts concerning this. It belongs in the Rivals forum.

A lot of things that are not good for the program. McFadden will be gone after next year.

This stuff is happening at Clemson, too! They are on the verge of a major meltdown (even though the celar is closer to them than Arkansas). C.J. Spiller had a news conference today stating that he was on the verge of leaving, but decided to stay for at least another year.

Clemson has lost three ast. coaches, one of which is on his way to the Turds (Burton Burns).

Crazy world of late for these two programs. Both have borderline HCs, and both are getting hit with departures and the scare of them anyway.

I said this before Bama hired Saban that hiring Tommy Bowden wouldn't be a terrible hire...as crazy as that sounds.

Tommy has 2 more years to win the ACC or else he is out.

he has had 8 years to do something at CU and he hasnt....

CU was in bad shape when he got there and he upgraded the talent and facilities but needs to win something....he choked BIG TIME this year when everyone was down,

Guest Tigrinum Major

Two things

1) Mustain with a good QB coach is the best out of Stafford, Tebow, and Mustain and people know that I am a "Stafford is God" type UGA fan....that says something. He just got little to no college QB coaching that he needed this year. He didnt improve at all as the year went on BUT had some great passes in between.

2) Nutt should be fired. He brings in good-to-average recruits with the exception of a few players like McFadden and has 1-2 good years and 4-5 average ones. Everyone says he is one of the most under-rated coaches and I call bs...he is the reason Arkansas is so average. With a coach who has discpline and control over the team, Arkansas could be a much better team. He is bringing that entire program down.

nail meet hammer.

And those of you defending Nutt do not know what has gone on behind the scenes ever since Gus got there. Nutt and Frank have done everything they could to discredit Malzahn and basically ran Mustain off. Nutt thinks he is a coaching genius and will not listen to anyone. You may think we are overreacting and things are not as bad as we think because we had a great year this year. Believe me, if this were happening at Auburn and they pulled some of the stuff our staff has, you would be in meltdown mode as well.

Tig Major, wes and a few others that spend time on the Arkansas boards can confirm that some very shaddy stuff has gone on. It's not totally about lying to recruits about playing time and offensive scheme. It goes way beyond that. We are a joke of a program right now and it looks like Nutt is teflon. Word on the street is some of the PTB are "irate", but I'll wait until something is actually done before I believe it.

And for those of you that are worried about Kodi Burns, I think you can rest easy. He's a smart kid with the potential to be a very good QB. He's smart enough to get as far away from the clusterf*** we are building in Fayetteville. I don't think there is anything we could do to get him here, which is a shame.

FayettenamHog is right. On the surface, this appears to be a spoiled kid with major baggage, but if you delve into Hootendale Nutt a bit, you'll see him for what he is: a used car salesman.

Mustain and Malzahn might not be completely innocent in all this mess, but it started long before 12 months ago.

Hey hog fans, is there anything to the rumors that are coming out today that mustain is trying to rejoin the team? I believe i'd tell him not no but hell no.

Hey hog fans, is there anything to the rumors that are coming out today that mustain is trying to rejoin the team? I believe i'd tell him not no but hell no.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2736590

He is going to enroll in classes, not sure about re-joining the team.

Two ways to look at this. 1) There are rumors that Nutt and Broyles might be forced out soon (check any Hog message board for the stories), so he may know something and may be staying and will announce so after said change is made. 2) He couldn't find a school he wanted to go to yet, so in order to remain eligable when he does transfer, he needs to take classes so that his transfer goes smooth.

Who knows, from everything I have seen from him, he is a good kid. He has a very outspoken mother (and grandmother), but he has said exactly ZERO negative comments since he has been on campus. It is possible he just made a rash decision, which many 18 year olds have done. If he intends on staying, he would have to eat some crow and appologize in front of the team and make ammends, which I think he would do.

Two ways to look at this. 1) There are rumors that Nutt and Broyles might be forced out soon (check any Hog message board for the stories), so he may know something and may be staying and will announce so after said change is made. 2) He couldn't find a school he wanted to go to yet, so in order to remain eligable when he does transfer, he needs to take classes so that his transfer goes smooth.

Who knows, from everything I have seen from him, he is a good kid. He has a very outspoken mother (and grandmother), but he has said exactly ZERO negative comments since he has been on campus. It is possible he just made a rash decision, which many 18 year olds have done. If he intends on staying, he would have to eat some crow and appologize in front of the team and make ammends, which I think he would do.

i know it would suck for a few years but the best thing in the world for yall would be to get rid of broyles and nutt. If by doing that mustain stays then you have a solid qb to build around, he still has four years to play three.

i know it would suck for a few years but the best thing in the world for yall would be to get rid of broyles and nutt. If by doing that mustain stays then you have a solid qb to build around, he still has four years to play three.

Agree 100%.

Our recruiting is not good this year (and wasn't all that good last year either), so regardless of who the coach is, the next few years might be rough. At least if we had someone other than Nutt, there would be hope for the future, which is something no one has now.

Talking about Mustain......it's kind of coincidental but I happened to come across a copy today of the Jan. 1, 2006 Parade magazine where they named their All American team. The cover boy was......you guess it....

Mitch Mustain.

So I take it I am in the minority who is on Mustain's side?

Nutt has always been to me (and as the Ark fan said) a car-dealer type guy and an average coach.

I don't know enough about mustain to be on his side and am definitely not on nutts side. He has always been creepy looking as hell to me. Like tom arnold only with more oil and sweat.

Nutt has always been to me (and as the Ark fan said) a car-dealer type guy and an average coach.

Exactly. Average. Not special. He lucked out in several games this year. He had some super athletes on the team which helped propel them to the SEC championship game.

Next year, everyone will know how to stop them. Even if Nutt is gone or not. Even if McFadden is on fire or not. Arkansas finishes 3rd in the West at best!

Ryan

Which is pretty much what the article said:
Mustain, a freshman, re-enrolled for classes late Friday afternoon, said Steve Voorhies, manager of media relations for the university. Mustain will wait to transfer to another school after the spring semester. Returning to the Razorbacks is not an option, his mother told ESPN.com.
Unless his mother's maiden name was "Saban", sounds pretty definite that he doesn't intend to ever play for the Hogs again.

I have a question based on this Fox report:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6377340

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) - Mitch Mustain, Arkansas' highly recruited quarterback who asked for and received his release from the Razorbacks this week, has re-enrolled at the university for classes this semester.

Mustain, a freshman, re-enrolled for classes late Friday afternoon, said Steve Voorhies, manager of media relations for the university.

Neither Mustain nor his mother could immediately be reached for comment Friday.

Razorbacks coach Houston Nutt had cleared Mustain to seek a transfer, and Tulsa, Texas Tech and Texas-El Paso expressed interest in the quarterback.

Tulsa is where former Arkansas offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn took a job as assistant head coach earlier this week. Malzahn was Mustain's high school coach at Springdale.

Nutt has left open the possibility for Mustain to return to the Razorbacks.

Only Tulsa, Texas Tech, and Texas-El Paso have expressed interest? Why aren't some of the big boys knocking-one year ago hw was the hottest thing around? Has the micromanaging and "back-seat coaching" by his mom scared bigger schools away?

if he stays in the sec, i expect it to be with steve spurrier and the gamecocks. that's where his friend transferred, and i remember steve trying to woo him last year. that'd be my best guess in conference. if not, i think he might hit tulsa and go play for malzahn.

if he stays in the sec, i expect it to be with steve spurrier and the gamecocks. that's where his friend transferred, and i remember steve trying to woo him last year. that'd be my best guess in conference. if not, i think he might hit tulsa and go play for malzahn.

If he wants to stay w/his high school coach, what is he going to do when it's time to go w/the NFL? He can't make one of the pro teams take his coach. (I imagine you can tell I don't think much of Mustain.)

I was just looking at foxsports.com. I found this article about Mustain. http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6377340

Associated Press

Posted: 1 day ago

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) - Mitch Mustain, Arkansas' highly recruited quarterback who asked for and received his release from the Razorbacks this week, has re-enrolled at the university for classes this semester.

Mustain, a freshman, re-enrolled for classes late Friday afternoon, said Steve Voorhies, manager of media relations for the university.

Neither Mustain nor his mother could immediately be reached for comment Friday.

Razorbacks coach Houston Nutt had cleared Mustain to seek a transfer, and Tulsa, Texas Tech and Texas-El Paso expressed interest in the quarterback.

Tulsa is where former Arkansas offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn took a job as assistant head coach earlier this week. Malzahn was Mustain's high school coach at Springdale.

Nutt has left open the possibility for Mustain to return to the Razorbacks.

I suspect he is going to go somewhere where he is promised that he will be the starter when he steps on campus or maybe the year after.

USC just got a huge commitment from a 4 Star QB in S. Garcia and had a 4-Star last year in Chris Smelley and the year before from Thompson. Add in another sophmore in Tommy Beecher and you see a very FULL QB depth chart.

I know if I were a high school quarterback, and I wanted to learn from the best, I'd go to South Carolina and Steve Spurrier.

I know if I were a high school quarterback, and I wanted to learn from the best, I'd go to South Carolina and Steve Spurrier.

I would much rather play at a school like AU with Borges, Richt at UGA, Meyer at UF, Cutcliffe at UT, ext....that will compete for SEC Titles.

Archived