Mustain leaving Ark?

Defense(clap clap)

wow, I had been hearing that everything had been "worked out" and he was staying. Should be interesting to see if this is true.

Guest Tigrinum Major

When Malzahn left for Tulsa, all bets were off concerning Mustain and Ben Cleveland.

It's like a Greek tragedy over in Fayetteville. Hogville and Woopig will be in meltdown shortly.

If true, they need to batten down the hatches at the Burns house, because they are about to get a full scalle barrage.

Oh, damn it. You're right. :no:

Well. maybe. But then again, how much longer can Nutt keep bailing before the boat goes down at Arkansas?

I think Kodi & his family have better sense that to get on a sinking ship.

Hopefully Zeimba also!

I won't say its 100% official, but ESPN, via the sports ticker at the bottom of the tv, is reporting that Mustain is leaving Arkansas.

What in the world is going on with the Arky fans? I am reading the forum over at Hogville.net and 95% of the posters are blasting Nutt and saying they feel sorry for Mitch, his family is right, he got screwed, ect, ect. His grandmother is on the local news blasting Nutt! Why in the WORLD can't they see what is really going on? Amazing!

What in the world is going on with the Arky fans? I am reading the forum over at Hogville.net and 95% of the posters are blasting Nutt and saying they feel sorry for Mitch, his family is right, he got screwed, ect, ect. His grandmother is on the local news blasting Nutt! Why in the WORLD can't they see what is really going on? Amazing!

Can't blame Nutt for wanting out.

Two things

1) Mustain with a good QB coach is the best out of Stafford, Tebow, and Mustain and people know that I am a "Stafford is God" type UGA fan....that says something. He just got little to no college QB coaching that he needed this year. He didnt improve at all as the year went on BUT had some great passes in between.

2) Nutt should be fired. He brings in good-to-average recruits with the exception of a few players like McFadden and has 1-2 good years and 4-5 average ones. Everyone says he is one of the most under-rated coaches and I call bs...he is the reason Arkansas is so average. With a coach who has discpline and control over the team, Arkansas could be a much better team. He is bringing that entire program down.

2) Nutt should be fired. He brings in good-to-average recruits with the exception of a few players like McFadden and has 1-2 good years and 4-5 average ones. Everyone says he is one of the most under-rated coaches and I call bs...he is the reason Arkansas is so average. With a coach who has discpline and control over the team, Arkansas could be a much better team. He is bringing that entire program down.

Man after reading their forums after this, if I were Nutt I would be getting the hell outta there anyway. Even if I was fired, I would be happy as hell. They all HATE him and think Mitch and his crying family are in the right. I feel sorry for the Nutt.

Thank you SLink, finally someone that sees Nutt for what he really is. Broyles and Nutt are holding down the football program at Arkansas and both need to be sent packing. Nutt is a jackass and he must pay the talking heads to call him, "the best one game coach in America". He is a whiner and will never take the blame for anything that goes wrong but is the first to take all the credit. I highly doubt Kodi Burns would go to Arkansas after seeing the circus sideshow that is the football team.

This stuff is happening at Clemson, too! They are on the verge of a major meltdown (even though the celar is closer to them than Arkansas). C.J. Spiller had a news conference today stating that he was on the verge of leaving, but decided to stay for at least another year.

Clemson has lost three ast. coaches, one of which is on his way to the Turds (Burton Burns).

Crazy world of late for these two programs. Both have borderline HCs, and both are getting hit with departures and the scare of them anyway.

Nutt does have his issues, I'll agree with that. However, Mustain needs to realize he is a young man now and quit letting momma do the talking for him. Whatever school gets him may be getting some "baggage" along with him. Meddling parents have a way of ruining a career or give a kid a bad rep. If that stuff can be gotten under control, Mustain has what it takes to be very great college QB...I am talking Heisman type greatness.

Two things

1) Mustain with a good QB coach is the best out of Stafford, Tebow, and Mustain and people know that I am a "Stafford is God" type UGA fan....that says something. He just got little to no college QB coaching that he needed this year. He didnt improve at all as the year went on BUT had some great passes in between.

nail meet hammer.

And those of you defending Nutt do not know what has gone on behind the scenes ever since Gus got there. Nutt and Frank have done everything they could to discredit Malzahn and basically ran Mustain off. Nutt thinks he is a coaching genius and will not listen to anyone. You may think we are overreacting and things are not as bad as we think because we had a great year this year. Believe me, if this were happening at Auburn and they pulled some of the stuff our staff has, you would be in meltdown mode as well.

Tig Major, wes and a few others that spend time on the Arkansas boards can confirm that some very shaddy stuff has gone on. It's not totally about lying to recruits about playing time and offensive scheme. It goes way beyond that. We are a joke of a program right now and it looks like Nutt is teflon. Word on the street is some of the PTB are "irate", but I'll wait until something is actually done before I believe it.

And for those of you that are worried about Kodi Burns, I think you can rest easy. He's a smart kid with the potential to be a very good QB. He's smart enough to get as far away from the clusterf*** we are building in Fayetteville. I don't think there is anything we could do to get him here, which is a shame.

i took this from the hogville.net board

bwils44 wrote:

Kodi chose Auburn because he loved the atmosphere and players at Auburn.He also chose them because CTT has won 34 of last 39 games.The talent that was redshirted at AU this past year was also a draw for Kodi.He will be surrounded by great playmakers and a soid o-line for his whole career.KB wasn't afraid of Mustain and he is certainly not primarily concerned with early playing time.Auburn has last years #4 ranked QB redshirted right now,plus 3 of the top 50 wide receivers and the #1 RB from GA. Add the best o-line class of this years bunch (assuming Ziemba lands at AU),plus the #3 RB in the country and you can see the appeal for AU.They redshirted all but 2 freshman.Riverboat Gambler took a chance and ended up 11-2,while the redshirts got bigger,faster and stronger for the sake of depth and maturity.KB will not redshirt at AU and will compete for the #2 spot immediately.Cox may have to give up football if his disease continues to cause weakness. KB does not want to hand the football off for two years.He and Ziemba will be at Auburn,with the sad part being that this mess has nothing to do with it.Nail in the coffin,though. Go Razorbacks!

it really made me feel good about the program CTT is building.

Nutt said he only wants players who want to remain at Arkansas.

"I've told all the players, if they want their release, we'll grant their release," Nutt said.

Guys, he may see the whole team walk away if this keeps up.

Those of you that read my post earlier today.....Wonder if my friend will be right again. ;)

Archived