Who said these gems?

DKW 86

Yeah, it is sort of funny how the Bama fans have used the "pine box" statement ad nauseum to make themselves feel better about the over priced liar they hired as a coach.

"Yeah...but...pine box, pine box, pine box,ect."

Why do we need to "feel better"? I feel GREAT that we hired one of the best in the biz.

What the heck, I'll take another swing at the dead horse:

I do think CTT was wrong to make his comment at Ole Miss. But that was eight years ago. He's been stable ever since, behind only Fulmer in the SEC in terms of current seniority at one school, and has established a reputation for ethical behavior and Christian discipleship. He did a good job at both Ole Miss and Auburn and gave them their money's worth. He only said "They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box" once, and it falls more under the heading of generalized "coachspeak" to me because it's a hyperbolized metaphor and does not directly address any other particular school.

CNS meanwhile has a reputation for leaving for greener pastures. His chasing of other school's commitments while saying "if you shop, we'll shop" to his own seems hypocritical and raises questions about his ethics in my mind. He did not, in my opinion, give Miami what they paid for. He said not once, but multiple times that he wasn't interested in the Bama job. And "I will not be the coach at Alabama" is direct, names a specific school, and cannot be interpreted in any way as a generalized statement, or just "coachspeak".

CTT was wrong, but CNS is "wronger"--at least that's my feeling about it, anyway. I now relinquish the bat to the next person who wants to take a swing at the horse.

That's my line of thought also. I never saw a press conference of CTT and the '"pine box" statement but we saw CNS's denial and even getting irritated when asked about it. I guess, at the time, he didn't realize the depth of bama's pockets or how effortlessly he wold rise to "God" status just by taking their money.

The pine box statement may actually be an urban legend. But like Bama's 12 NC myth, it's been said enough some people believe it. Saban's lies are well documented.

I think if I remember correctly, the pine box statement was in the newspaper as a quote from CTT.

If you remember correctly, it was in ONE newspaper -- the Rebel honking rag, the Clarion Ledger -- and as it has been relayed to me the comment was completely misconstrued. It actually was something like "if I comment on that, they'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box." Big, big, big difference.

Even if he did say it or did not...it doesnt really matter at this point. We have a coach, liar or not, i think he will get bama going in the right direction. If he leaves in two years, so be it. We will be a little more out of the hole by that time, hopefully.

I do think CTT was wrong to make his comment at Ole Miss. But that was eight years ago. He's been stable ever since, behind only Fulmer in the SEC in terms of current seniority at one school, and has established a reputation for ethical behavior and Christian discipleship. He did a good job at both Ole Miss and Auburn and gave them their money's worth. He only said "They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box" once, and it falls more under the heading of generalized "coachspeak" to me because it's a hyperbolized metaphor and does not directly address any other particular school.

CNS meanwhile has a reputation for leaving for greener pastures. His chasing of other school's commitments while saying "if you shop, we'll shop" to his own seems hypocritical and raises questions about his ethics in my mind. He did not, in my opinion, give Miami what they paid for. He said not once, but multiple times that he wasn't interested in the Bama job. And "I will not be the coach at Alabama" is direct, names a specific school, and cannot be interpreted in any way as a generalized statement, or just "coachspeak".

CTT was wrong, but CNS is "wronger"--at least that's my feeling about it, anyway. I now relinquish the bat to the next person who wants to take a swing at the horse.

That's my line of thought also. I never saw a press conference of CTT and the '"pine box" statement but we saw CNS's denial and even getting irritated when asked about it. I guess, at the time, he didn't realize the depth of bama's pockets or how effortlessly he wold rise to "God" status just by taking their money.

The pine box statement may actually be an urban legend. But like Bama's 12 NC myth, it's been said enough some people believe it. Saban's lies are well documented.

I think if I remember correctly, the pine box statement was in the newspaper as a quote from CTT.

If you remember correctly, it was in ONE newspaper -- the Rebel honking rag, the Clarion Ledger -- and as it has been relayed to me the comment was completely misconstrued. It actually was something like "if I comment on that, they'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box." Big, big, big difference.

Even if he did say it or did not...it doesnt really matter at this point. We have a coach, liar or not, i think he will get bama going in the right direction. If he leaves in two years, so be it. We will be a little more out of the hole by that time, hopefully.

The pine box is just the only pathetic thing the bammers can come up with in a feeble attempt to divert attention from the fact that $aban is a compulsive liar.

CNS meanwhile has a reputation for leaving for greener pastures. His chasing of other school's commitments while saying "if you shop, we'll shop" to his own seems hypocritical and raises questions about his ethics in my mind. He did not, in my opinion, give Miami what they paid for. He said not once, but multiple times that he wasn't interested in the Bama job. And "I will not be the coach at Alabama" is direct,names a specific school, and cannot be interpreted in any way as a generalized statement, or just "coachspeak".

The pine box is just the only pathetic thing the bammers can come up with in a feeble attempt to divert attention from the fact that $aban is a compulsive liar.

No, the pine box thing is just funny. Its not trying to divert any attention from Saban. Ill be the first to say that Saban handled the hiring wrong. He should not have said, "I'm not going to be the coach at Alabama." But, you know what....people change their minds. Does that make him a lier? No. Recruits do the same thing every year. They say I'm going to college A and at the last min change to B. Does that make them a lier? No. I don't think any of us have the right to call anyone a lier. Especially if we do not know them personally.

No, the pine box thing is just funny. Its not trying to divert any attention from Saban. Ill be the first to say that Saban handled the hiring wrong. He should not have said, "I'm not going to be the coach at Alabama." But, you know what....people change their minds. Does that make him a lier? No. Recruits do the same thing every year. They say I'm going to college A and at the last min change to B. Does that make them a lier? No. I don't think any of us have the right to call anyone a lier. Especially if we do not know them personally.

Let me explain the concept. When you say one thing knowing you're going to do the opposite, that pretty much brands you as a liar. It's not a gray area.

Tell your wife/girlfriend "I'm not going to the bar with my friend Vanessa after work today" and then go to the bar with Vanessa and see what she calls you. Liar would be among the kindest -- and most accurate -- cuts.

Nick Saban is a liar. L.I.A.R. I don't have to know him personally to recognize that. He's exhibited all the class and character of a "We Finance" auto salesman to this point.

Pine box is a radio interview clip from what I know. I know PF has used it.

I've never heard it. I have heard that whatever he said was taken out of context and misconstrued.

If he said it, he said it. It was a good line. But it was a one time, flip thing. It's clearly different than Saban's three-time pattern of fabrication.

It was said on an Oxford radio show, at a remote. They were doing the show live at a local sport's bar with a ton of Ole Miss fans in attendance. I would have probably said the same thing in that type of enviroment..

He knew he was going to UA when he made that statement.

Let me explain the concept. When you say one thing knowing you're going to do the opposite, that pretty much brands you as a liar. It's not a gray area.

Tell your wife/girlfriend "I'm not going to the bar with my friend Vanessa after work today" and then go to the bar with Vanessa and see what she calls you. Liar would be among the kindest -- and most accurate -- cuts.

Nick Saban is a liar. L.I.A.R. I don't have to know him personally to recognize that. He's exhibited all the class and character of a "We Finance" auto salesman to this point.

You do not have to talk down to me here. I know what a liar is. Saying something to your wife/girl friend is a totally different subject. Yes, it would be lying to tell your wife your not going to the bar and then went.

When your talking about a job, its different. Go tell your boss right now that your looking for a job and that you might take one. Good example, Jim Mora Jr. joking about the Washington job. His butt got fired. He (Saban) is not going to say im going to take the Alabama job and expect to have the same respect from the owner Wayne (insert spelling of last name here). Petrino did the same thing at Louisville. He got the Falcons job. Whats so different from Petrino than Saban? Is it the fact that Saban is at Alabama and you need something to complain about? From your logic, Petrino is a liar too. If im not mistaken, you guys tried to hire him.

Im so glad you have such insider info here. Were you there when Mal offered Saban the job?

I highly doubt it. I do not think I would make such bold assumptions.

You do not have to talk down to me here. I know what a liar is. Saying something to your wife/girl friend is a totally different subject. Yes, it would be lying to tell your wife your not going to the bar and then went.

When your talking about a job, its different. Go tell your boss right now that your looking for a job and that you might take one. Good example, Jim Mora Jr. joking about the Washington job. His butt got fired. He (Saban) is not going to say im going to take the Alabama job and expect to have the same respect from the owner Wayne (insert spelling of last name here). Petrino did the same thing at Louisville. He got the Falcons job. Whats so different from Petrino than Saban? Is it the fact that Saban is at Alabama and you need something to complain about? From your logic, Petrino is a liar too. If im not mistaken, you guys tried to hire him.

The area is NOT gray. When you say you're going to do one thing while knowing that you are going to do another that is not being truthful. However you want to spin it, however you want to play it, whatever you have to think to make it right it is STILL a lie.

Bobby Pettrino never said: "Do I have to spell it out for you? I will NOT be the coach of the Atlanta Falcons."

Mora never said: "I'm getting tired of answering that question. I am GOING to be the coach at Washington."

All Saban had to do was say "I'm not going to comment on that one way or another." But he didn't. He L.I.E.D. He said "I am not going to be the coach at Alabama." He didn't just defer, he didn't "coachspeak", no, he flatly denied what he knew he was going to do.

And it doesn't matter how you go about making that "right" in your mind, it still paints a pretty clear picture of a man whose word simply cannot be trusted. Because he's a liar.

Im so glad you have such insider info here. Were you there when Mal offered Saban the job?

Honestly, do you REALLY think he didn't know? If he didn't know for certain, do you think he felt it was beyond a possibility?

I hope you clean your crimson colored glasses every night.

ECE, make no mistake about it. Do a search on it. Take your house and bet it. Bet your retirement. Bet your life on it. Saban made that statement on 12-21. He had approved the rough draft and knew he was going to Bama, even calling assts on Wayne Huizenga's dime, on 12-18.

I will go man on man with anyone on this. Take it to the bank. If you will contact some of the Bama admins you may find that they quizzed me about it and they know it as well. By 12-22 anyone that asked was being told by yours truly that it was a 100% lock on Saban. My source had a set of eyes inside Sexton's office. Bet I can get about 50 folks to verify this if you want.

ECE, make no mistake about it. Do a search on it. Take your house and bet it. Bet your retirement. Bet your life on it. Saban made that statement on 12-21. He had approved the rough draft and knew he was going to Bama, even calling assts on Wayne Huizenga's dime, on 12-18.

I will go man on man with anyone on this. Take it to the bank. If you will contact some of the Bama admins you may find that they quizzed me about it and they know it as well. By 12-22 anyone that asked was being told by yours truly that it was a 100% lock on Saban. My source had a set of eyes inside Sexton's office. Bet I can get about 50 folks to verify this if you want.

I was one that didn't believe you at the time. I just couldn't believe the $ that was being floated around.

But you and Ranger were dead on.

The area is NOT gray. When you say you're going to do one thing while knowing that you are going to do another that is not being truthful. However you want to spin it, however you want to play it, whatever you have to think to make it right it is STILL a lie.

Bobby Pettrino never said: "Do I have to spell it out for you? I will NOT be the coach of the Atlanta Falcons."

Mora never said: "I'm getting tired of answering that question. I am GOING to be the coach at Washington."

All Saban had to do was say "I'm not going to comment on that one way or another." But he didn't. He L.I.E.D. He said "I am not going to be the coach at Alabama." He didn't just defer, he didn't "coachspeak", no, he flatly denied what he knew he was going to do.

And it doesn't matter how you go about making that "right" in your mind, it still paints a pretty clear picture of a man whose word simply cannot be trusted. Because he's a liar.

Petrino didnt say im going to take the Atlanta job. Your right about that. He did say he wasnt going to leave Louisville though. So, would that make him a liar also? Mora didnt say he was going to take the Washington job, right once agian. I think he joked around about it though. Thats what got him canned.

Also, to all the people that think Saban was a lock at 12/22/2006 show me proof and ill believe you. When I say proof, show me some document, newspaper, anything that shows that Saban was offered the job at that point. I seriously dont think he was offered the job at that time. Alabama might have contacted his agent, but that does not mean he was offered the job or anything else. Other than that, this convo is over.

Archived